July 29, 2014 | 1216 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Alba Botanica - Kona Coffee After-Sun Lotion

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by iEuphoria0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised so many people like the smell! It smells like a chemical sugar cookie to me. It also didn't moisturize very well and sometimes made my sensitive skin tingle/ burn.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by PillarofAutumn

Smell is awesome, just wish it was stronger. This lotion feels really nice, not too heavy, but still creamy. I love the natural ingredients and also like that it has caffiene (supposed to help diminish cellulite). My only complaint is the bottle; it's kind of hard to get it to come out and when it does, it's like a clump rather than a nice squeezable result. It's like you have to shake the bottle to get the lotion to get into a place where it can be squeezed out, you can then squeeze the bottle (which is really stiff feeling) and get one clump, then you have to repeat the process. Annoying but worth it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I LOVE sweet scents and fragrances, but this doesn't smell like I had hoped, it has a strong vanilla chai frappucino type smell. I was hoping roasted coffee type with vanilla. Doesn't moisturize well and isn't emollient enough

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2012 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Surfaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really really wanted to like this lotion but it wasn't moisturizing enough, even though I live in a tropical humid climate.
It sort of sits of the top of your skin giving this strange slippery feeling.
Maybe the problem was that I didn't actually use it as after-sun treatment, I wanted a rich body lotion.
The smell is nice, something similar to how your skin smells like after being in the sun/sunbed and using a nice tanning cream.
Wouldn't buy again but will give a shot to their Kukui nut cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by gypcc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i bought this on a whim.... and i will probably NEVER BE WITHOUT IT... this lotion is fantastic... the smell which everyone has mentioned is amazing and not overwhelming but the richness of this lotion is nothing short of spectacular! i have very parched skin especially in the winter... and while it's summertime and my skin is friendlier.... and even tho i'm religious w/the sunscreen.. my chest is a mess... sun damaged & i'm battling crepe & creased skin in that area. this lotion, even on my sensitive chest area is really great at smoothing, moisturizing and keeping the moisture in... i havent broken out on my chest & i've used it for a week straight... at LEAST. i don't like that there's dimethicone in it, but that's the only ingredient that i have any real 'eh' about. my arms and my legs feel great also... i'll use this year round. between this & cerave, my skin has never been better (and i have a tendency toward eczema). love it. love it. love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by xanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am obsessed. Have wanted this for a long time but couldn't justify the price when I could buy the massive bottle of Alba's Very Emollient Body Lotion for only a a few dollars more than this. I finally broke down and bought it and I'm so glad I did. I don't use it as an after sun lotion because I try to avoid sun damage in the first place. I've just been using it as a normal body lotion. I wonder if they changed the formula because I also find it much thicker in consistency than some earlier reviewers (when you squirt it out of the bottle it retains the shape of the bottle opening, so it isn't liquidy at all).

The mind blowing aroma of this stuff has already been well documented. But what amazes me is fragrance is the last ingredient listed. Now, I'm no expert but I would guess that a good portion of that great smell is actually from the other ingredients since products that smell this good (or this strong) usually list fragrance very early in the ingredient list (not saying all the smell is naturally occurring, of course). If I apply this before bed I wake up with the faintest scent of vanilla on my skin. Love it.

Makes my skin silky smooth, though probably not moisturizing enough for winter. It also doesn't make my legs itch, which is a weird thing to say but my legs seem to have a plot against me ever using a good smelling lotion. Most fragranced lotions make my legs itch like crazy. This doesn't.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 2:52:00 AM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! Wonderful aroma and lotion I always treat myself to after a day at the beach!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2008 2:52:00 PM More reviews by lifedespitegod

Everyone has been fairly accurate in describing the scent -- it's spicy and tropical, almost like a chai latte made with coconut milk. I could see it working equally well as a tropical summer scent or a cozy winter scent. It's not excessively girly, so if you want your boyfriend/husband/son to treat his sunburn, just tell him he will smell like a pirate. Plus, it's a good boy-magnet scent.

I disagree that the consistency is very light. It's labeled as a lotion, and for a lotion, I think it's nice and thick. It's much thinner than a typical body butter, but since it's not labeled as one and it's mostly for summer use, I think that's fine. It has some helpful antioxidant ingredients to help your skin recover from the sun damage, which is nice. I haven't used it in super-heavy sun conditions yet, so I'm not sure how well it actually *does* prevent damage, though.

I do plan to repurchase this. Neutrogena has a good after-sun treatment as well, and I think they perform about equally well in terms of moisturizing and healing skin, so I alternate them depending on whether I want to smell tropical (Alba Botanica) or soapy and clean (Neutrogena).

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2007 1:29:00 PM More reviews by ditie12

Mmm! This smells really good. Not super-strong, which is a nice change from many of the strongly scented things that I use! It's more liquidy than creamy, so it is definitely on the light side, consistency-wise, as well. I was trying to place what the scent reminds me of, and then I realized, I recently had a Cinnamon Kit-Kat on a recent visit to canada, and this smells really similar to that IMO. Loved the kit-kat and love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2007 2:44:00 PM More reviews by quixotica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pure caribbean. It makes me feel like really, really well fragranced pirate because of its earthy undertone. It's like a blend of cream mixed with cocoa, cinnamon, spices and coffee. The lotion seems like it should be a light brown color, but it's a creamy white. I can tell the bottle will get greasy. I just use this whenever I want, not necessarily after sun, because I like the smell so much. There was a B&BW scrub called Island Hot Spot that smells just like this.

This is pretty thin in consistency, and while it blends well, I'm positive this won't be enough in the winter. I may need to buy the Kukui Nut body butter, but I get the while that one is thicker, the smell is more marshmallowy than Caribbean.