November 24, 2014 | 1926 users online

Blush - MAC - Virgin Isle Cream Colour Base (CCB)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by scottishredhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this colour. It can be blended out with fingers to give a sheer hint of pink, like you've just been on a brisk walk, which is what I revert to for my fresh faced looks. Or built up for some drama, for this I like to stipple it on. It does look a little intimidating in the pan but is just such a lovely coral pink, so versatile. Mine has lasted for a long, looong time (in fact, I think it is close to expiry!!) and it is the first blush that I have ever hit pan on. On my combination skin, I do tend to re-apply throughout the day, but I love it so much that it is worth it, and it is so tiny so takes up no space in my bag. And this is without setting it! If you set it with powder, or have normal to dry skin, I am sure that it wouldn't budge. Definitely buying another, delighted that it is still available as I thought it was being discontinued a few years back. For reference, I am a redhead that wears N2 in MAC F&B.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by YuraK

I love it that this CBB is still available in mac pro stores- I thought it was discontinued.

It's such a nice coral pink that blends like a dream. It's hard for me to find blusher that's not peach that suits me well, but this one suited me, and I feel it would suit many skin tones.

Depending on how much you apply (and believe me, you only need a tiny dab for building) the colors ranged from peachy pink to watermelon-coral on my skin. I don't usually wear that much make-up, so I use this normally for the slightly flushed healthy glow you get after you lightly work out for ..more than 30 min but less than an hour. You literally need a tiny dab or two for that look. It blend wonderfully so you don't have to worry about this smudging or streaking or balling up like some of the low-end cream blushers do. (I know this is bad but I just use my finger to apply)

As for lip, I usually: lip-balm -> virgin isle -> lip gloss (transparent)

You can skip the lip gloss part. It's such a pretty mercurial color that changes with the lighting. It literally ranged from light peach to coral pink to watermelon pink, depending on the amount applied and lighting.

If I lost this, I would probably purchase again. I don't know how long this will last me, but probably forever because I only need tiny dabs at a time and there's enough to last me a while.

I would definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Another beauty that I've eyed for a long time but only recently purchased. My bad! I should have picked this up a long time ago. As I sorted through the magical little black cardboard box that they send online orders in, and peeled back the black tissue paper, my heard did a little pitter patter when I saw it. I'd seen it in person, but somehow a brand new one, viewed in more natural lighting made it all that much more appealing. It's a gorgeous bright orange/red/coral. So bright and cheery, it's like happiness in a pot! It just screams Summer! Super pigmented as well - you barely need to touch it to get enough to tap on your cheeks, and I found it blends like a dream. At first I thought I'd ruined my application because I got a dark spot right where I started to apply it, but it blends out perfectly. I'm a C3/NC30 and I love these bright corally shades. Looks really natural on the skin and wears well. (I'm norm/combo). I just can't find anything to complain about other than a slight packaging concern. I know that these can dry out, albeit very slowly. They can and do get firmer and stiffer over the years, but we are talking years - at least that's how it's been with my older CCB's, but if you love it, it will probably be long gone before that ever happens. This right here, should be considered a staple. If you like beautiful bright pops of colour, or even if you love a sheer hint of one, don't pass this by like I did for so long. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh, my. I bought this after reading reviews by others with my (or close to my) skin tone (NW20). I have always worn blue-based powder blushes and as I've gotten older, it's as if they make me look dirty and/or tired. So, this is my first serious attempt at cream blush (I may be in my 50's, but I have horribly oily skin), and this is the first time I have ever attempted to use a color as bold and as "out there" as this. It's awesome. It is the first blush that looks like a natural, "in from the cold" flush. I barely pat my index finger on the product, make a couple of dots on each cheek, then blend, blend, blend with a small ELF stippling brush. I set it with a very light dusting of Laura Mercier pressed mattifying powder. It stays on all day. I will (and I really mean this) will probably pitch my other blushes, except for my Bare Minerals Faux Tan. Seriously. I wish I could find an eyeshadow and a lipstick that work as well for me as VI. I would be truly happy. (I tried it on my lips, but the color makes my teeth look yellow.)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by stillhot

Lately I've been having a love affair with cream blush. There's something about summer and a little bronzer first then just a hint of color on the cheeks.... ...beautiful. Had loads of pinky shades, and I find red a bit harsh...don't like Benetint...feel like it highlights pores. Was working with another MUA, and she used VI on every single person...often using a powder blush over for staying power. I was blown away by how lovely and individual each woman looked. Couldn't wait for the next day to motor over to a MAC Pro store. Knew I had to have it because it was 100 degrees right now where I live, and yet I still had to go to get it.

I dot the smallest amount on the apple of cheeks, then dab it out with a beauty blender. A swipe of bronzer, bit of highlighter, and I feel I can fly. (I think the heat's getting to me)!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by christina001

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my new favorite cream blush. It looks way darker than it goes on (my lighter-end medium skin colour, NC25-30). What it is on the lips and cheeks is a lovely classical, rather light coral. On my very pigmented lips, this is a perfect subtle coral. Not orange, not pink. Compared to my other favorite coral lip/cheek product Calypso Coral Pot Rouge by Bobbi Brown, this one is peachier and lighter while still being "classical coral" on me, while Calypso is a darker, slightly more pink leaning coral.

When I apply Virgin Isle on cheeks and lips, the effect is a marvellous, coordinated, youthful glow. Very "mermaidy" (I may think that because I saw sharonmakeupartist suggest it in her mermaid inspired look - she ended up using Costa Chic as a blush and lipstick because Virgin Isle is a pro product; if you love corals you can easily justify buying VI on top of Costa Chic, because the latter looks very different/frosty/more neon on the lips).

Totally recommended. got it off ebay (a Canadian seller specializing in Mac, makeupemporium I think).

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 8:15:00 AM More reviews by hollydolly24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

really beautiful colour! ive had it years and use it alot and still loads left as u only need a tiny bit its probably my favourite mac blush

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Lojona

I never thought this would good on me. I'm an NC30 with slightly olive/golden skin and this looks amazing on me! Like I've just been for a run and my cheeks are a little flushed. One swipe with my finger on each cheek.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an orangey looking cream. I use it for my cheeks as a base, to help set in my peachtwist blush. I use a tough stubby chubby blending brush to use this. It adds a really nice intense color to my cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great product - versatile, a little goes a long way, and the color works on different skin tones.