October 24, 2014 | 1804 users online

Blush - MAC - Virgin Isle Cream Colour Base (CCB)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Another beauty that I've eyed for a long time but only recently purchased. My bad! I should have picked this up a long time ago. As I sorted through the magical little black cardboard box that they send online orders in, and peeled back the black tissue paper, my heard did a little pitter patter when I saw it. I'd seen it in person, but somehow a brand new one, viewed in more natural lighting made it all that much more appealing. It's a gorgeous bright orange/red/coral. So bright and cheery, it's like happiness in a pot! It just screams Summer! Super pigmented as well - you barely need to touch it to get enough to tap on your cheeks, and I found it blends like a dream. At first I thought I'd ruined my application because I got a dark spot right where I started to apply it, but it blends out perfectly. I'm a C3/NC30 and I love these bright corally shades. Looks really natural on the skin and wears well. (I'm norm/combo). I just can't find anything to complain about other than a slight packaging concern. I know that these can dry out, albeit very slowly. They can and do get firmer and stiffer over the years, but we are talking years - at least that's how it's been with my older CCB's, but if you love it, it will probably be long gone before that ever happens. This right here, should be considered a staple. If you like beautiful bright pops of colour, or even if you love a sheer hint of one, don't pass this by like I did for so long. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh, my. I bought this after reading reviews by others with my (or close to my) skin tone (NW20). I have always worn blue-based powder blushes and as I've gotten older, it's as if they make me look dirty and/or tired. So, this is my first serious attempt at cream blush (I may be in my 50's, but I have horribly oily skin), and this is the first time I have ever attempted to use a color as bold and as "out there" as this. It's awesome. It is the first blush that looks like a natural, "in from the cold" flush. I barely pat my index finger on the product, make a couple of dots on each cheek, then blend, blend, blend with a small ELF stippling brush. I set it with a very light dusting of Laura Mercier pressed mattifying powder. It stays on all day. I will (and I really mean this) will probably pitch my other blushes, except for my Bare Minerals Faux Tan. Seriously. I wish I could find an eyeshadow and a lipstick that work as well for me as VI. I would be truly happy. (I tried it on my lips, but the color makes my teeth look yellow.)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by stillhot

Lately I've been having a love affair with cream blush. There's something about summer and a little bronzer first then just a hint of color on the cheeks.... ...beautiful. Had loads of pinky shades, and I find red a bit harsh...don't like Benetint...feel like it highlights pores. Was working with another MUA, and she used VI on every single person...often using a powder blush over for staying power. I was blown away by how lovely and individual each woman looked. Couldn't wait for the next day to motor over to a MAC Pro store. Knew I had to have it because it was 100 degrees right now where I live, and yet I still had to go to get it.

I dot the smallest amount on the apple of cheeks, then dab it out with a beauty blender. A swipe of bronzer, bit of highlighter, and I feel I can fly. (I think the heat's getting to me)!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by christina001

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my new favorite cream blush. It looks way darker than it goes on (my lighter-end medium skin colour, NC25-30). What it is on the lips and cheeks is a lovely classical, rather light coral. On my very pigmented lips, this is a perfect subtle coral. Not orange, not pink. Compared to my other favorite coral lip/cheek product Calypso Coral Pot Rouge by Bobbi Brown, this one is peachier and lighter while still being "classical coral" on me, while Calypso is a darker, slightly more pink leaning coral.

When I apply Virgin Isle on cheeks and lips, the effect is a marvellous, coordinated, youthful glow. Very "mermaidy" (I may think that because I saw sharonmakeupartist suggest it in her mermaid inspired look - she ended up using Costa Chic as a blush and lipstick because Virgin Isle is a pro product; if you love corals you can easily justify buying VI on top of Costa Chic, because the latter looks very different/frosty/more neon on the lips).

Totally recommended. got it off ebay (a Canadian seller specializing in Mac, makeupemporium I think).

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 8:15:00 AM More reviews by hollydolly24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

really beautiful colour! ive had it years and use it alot and still loads left as u only need a tiny bit its probably my favourite mac blush

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Lojona

I never thought this would good on me. I'm an NC30 with slightly olive/golden skin and this looks amazing on me! Like I've just been for a run and my cheeks are a little flushed. One swipe with my finger on each cheek.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an orangey looking cream. I use it for my cheeks as a base, to help set in my peachtwist blush. I use a tough stubby chubby blending brush to use this. It adds a really nice intense color to my cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great product - versatile, a little goes a long way, and the color works on different skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by TootsDiva84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Great color! I ran out and bought this the day the collection comes out because i was searching for an orangey color to add to my cheeks to provide some glow. When i saw this i didn't even try it on just purchased it just like that. I am a huge fan of cream blushes because they are so easy to put on and are build-able to create drama. This is so easy to use and just looks great on about anyone who wears blush properly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Melly5891

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love this
i little dab goes a LONG way :] i used it for the first time today when i bought it a few weeks ago, it gave me a beautiful coral but natural looking flush i loved it. i would not buy a back up just because it will last me forever it seems.