November 23, 2014 | 2028 users online

Gels/Soaps - Bath and Body Works - Sweet Pea Shower Gel

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by wynterandkaylinsmommy123

Ok i love bath and body works but this is horrible. It doesnt lather well at all and the smell doesnt stay after you leave the shower. I have a body wash that i got at the dollar tree that lathers and smell stays longer than this. But thisis the only one i have tried so im not sure if the others work better. But i hope they do because i dont wanna buy another one just to waste my money for it to sit in the bathroom cabinents

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by marsqurine

I like this shower gel :) This has a recommended price of USD$5.50 for a travel-sized 118ml bottle. Bath & Body Works offers unique fragrances in their affordable line of bath items, and they have sales rather frequently on their website. As stated on their website, 'Our original, award-winning Sweet PeaŽ fragrance is a fruity floral scent that evokes the intoxicating, floral-infused breezes of the Mediterranean. Key fragrance notes: Sweet Pea Petals, Watery Pear, Freesia, Fresh Raspberry, Soft Musk. Enjoy in the shower or bath. 3 oz. bottle is approved for airline carry-ons. It is infused with real sweet violet extracts. I had the 4 fl oz squeeze bottle, which lasts me for three months and I used it rather frugally as this brand is unavailable locally. Honestly, I had no idea how sweet pea smells like but it has a sickly floral scent, which I enjoyed initially but I realized that I prefer fruity scents which I can easily distinguish what it is. The smells wears off quickly after you step out of the shower. It comes in a translucent yellow gel but unlike some other users of this product, it does not leave my skin dry. Maybe it is because I live in a tropical climate and most of the time using body lotions after a shower is unnecessary. I dropped this on the floor accidentally and the plastic cap cracked, and I had to remove it when I want to use it, which can result in wastage when pouring out the shower gel. I will recommend this to anybody who likes sweet floral scents, and I will enjoy and use this up but not repurchase this because I prefer fruity scents :)
Ingredients: Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, TEA-lauryl Sulfate, Lauramidopropyl, Betaine, Oleth-10, Fragrance, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauramide MIPA, Lauramide MEA, Aloe, Sodium PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Chloride, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyquatemium-7, Peg-6 Capric Glycerides, Triethanolamine, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, PEG 20 Sorbitan Laurate, Polysorbate 20, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Retrastaearate, PPG-12-Buteth-16, Dipropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol,Triethylene Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, BHT, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazoilnone, Methylisothiazolinone, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Linalool, Ext, Violet 2, Red 33, Red 40, Yellow 5

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bath&BodyWorks' Sweet Pea Shower Gel is a fruity-floral body wash that's said to smell like sweet pea and juicy pears, a Bath&BodyWorks Classic. I purchased it in store for $3.33 on a 3/$10 deal. The 3 fl oz travel size usually goes for $5, and the regular 8oz size goes for $10.50. Bath&BodyWorks products are not tested on animals, and are made in the USA.
Packaging is the same curvy shape as the rest of Bath&BodyWorks' Signature Collection. The bottle is made of clear plastic and has a pink plastic cap. The packaging is recyclable.
Sweet Pea's label is very appealing. It features a bright orange and pink flower against a green background. I really adore it. It caught my eye in the store and totally sold me.
The gel is thin and pink. You don't need very much of it to wash your whole body, because it lathers extremely well. This shower gel's formula isn't anything special, honestly. It just keeps you clean and smelling good. It isn't moisturizing, drying, exfoliating, or irritating.
Bath&BodyWorks says Sweet Pea's scent notes are Sweet Pea Petals, Watery Pear, Freesia, Fresh Raspberries, and Soft, Delicate Musk. Its apparently blended by master perfumers. Sweet Pea is slightly strong, and very fruity, with a hint of floral-ness. There's also a zesty sourness to it. This is the kind of scent I love! The base of Sweet Pea is definitely floral, but the fruitiness is what really catches your attention. Its easy to pick up both the raspberry and pear, they blend together great. I can't pick up any musk. Actually, I lied. If I take a super deep whiff of Sweet Pea I can smell the musk, but only a tiny bit. It's certainly delicate like they said.
The scent of Sweet Pea is kinda strong, but also light if that makes sense? It's a great summer scent, I can definitely see this shower gel being very pleasant to use in a cold bath on a hot July or August day.
Sweet Pea lingers on the skin for a couple hours. If layered with the matching body spray and/or lotion, it'd probably last all day. I also think Sweet Pea could mix well with a scent like Charmed Life.
I really like Bath&BodyWorks Sweet Pea shower gel. The gel lathers well, a little goes a long way. The scent is fantastic. The packaging is really pretty. When purchased on one of Bath&BodyWorks' frequent deals, its also a very good value. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about Sweet Pea. Not many other people must have anything bad to say either, its one of Bath&BodyWork's most popular scents and is available in 37 different products. I definitely recommend this scent and will likely purchase the body spray, and perhaps repurchase the shower gel. Sweet Pea is full of fruity-floral win.

this shower gel appears to be paraben free, but does contain a slew of other chemicals, as well as Red 40 dye, which some may object to.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Catttt

Very tangy. I would think this was a bottle of B.O. if it didn't have a Bath and Body Works label on it. For reference, Ralph Lauren Romance and J. Lo Glow also smelled like sweat to me so maybe it's just my nose.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by SmallerFries

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I didn't really care much for this shower gel at all. It doesn't really lather that well and was a little thick to work with. Also, the scent was too light and had no lasting power after you step out of the shower. I won't be buying this one again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this stuff, I find the scent to be very relaxing and soothing. It's perfect for summer when you just wanna feel fresh and light. It lathers very well and I actually use it to shave.The only drawback is that it isn't so moisturizing, but I just use some lotion and I'm good to go.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Lilsingsong3

I love the the fragrance-It's really sweet and floral, but overtime, the fragrance will wear off quite quckly. The staying power is not good at all unless you layer the scents. Overall, it's pretty good but I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2010 1:08:00 PM More reviews by alexlovesmakeupfun

nice lather but scent isn't strong enough for me :/

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Cinnabuns

At first, this was one of my favorite scents, but now it's startting to make me sick when I smell it. This was an excellent floral smelling product, but I'm not sure what happened. I used all of the shower gel, but I wasn't able to finish the lotion.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2008 10:41:00 PM More reviews by delinquentdaisy

I bought this shower gel during BB&W's semi-annual sale. When I smelled it in the store, I liked it because it reminded me of Sun-Ripened Raspberry, which I used to love when I was younger. However, when I used this in the shower, it smelled nauseatingly sweet and I could not wait to get rid of it. Yuck. Needless to say I will not repurchase