April 18, 2014 | 752 users online

Eye Shadow - Boots - 17 Eyeshadow (singles)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by kaatiex

Seventeen Solo eyeshadows are available online at Boots for only 3.89. I have 8 of them and think they are a fantastic, good quality, cheap find! The texture is lovely (save for one glittery shade that I own), they are pigmented and apply well, lasting a good 6-8 hours over primer.

There are 16 shades in the range I believe, and they have a great selection when it comes to the colour spectrum- they have everything from neutrals to brights!

These are bigger than the size of MAC shadows so contain a lot of product - I can't see me needing to repurchase any of these any time soon.

I really like the packaging - the eyeshadows are contained within black screw top jars. The packaging does not feel cheap considering the price. My only issue is that it is a little bulky.

Pros:
Great shade range, pigmented, long lasting over primer, huge product for a very cheap price, good packaging.

Cons:
The glittery shades can be duds when not used over a sticky base/primer, packaging could be less bulky.

Overall, I highly recommend these eyeshadows, you really can't go wrong for under 4! My favourites are Ivory Coast, Statuesque, Rose Quartz and Gold Emerald.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Southwards

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I currently use Mardi Gras-a shimmery brownish-gold, which is good for day time wear, or with minimum make up. These individual pots are fairly cheap, as has been mentioned, and they go on nicely, so you can have as much or as little colour as you want.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I have four of the Boots 17 Solo Eyeshadows. In the UK they cost around 3.90GBP each and come in shimmer and matte shades. The colours I currently have are Gold Emerald, Rose Quartz, Statuesque and Violet Rock (which is matte).

Colour pay-off for these can be quite varied - the shimmer shades seem to fare better than the matte ones, which I find I have to scrub at quite hard with an eyeshadow brush or my finger, to really get any colour up. In contrast, the shimmer shades have a creamy texture and transfer to the brush much easier, with far better colour pay-off.

As for the colours themselves - Gold Emerald is a lovely, light shade of green with gold metallic flecks in; Rose Quartz is a soft, shimmery pink shade which, along with Statuesque, is the softest of the four colours and the easiest to apply. Statuesque is a soft shimmery brown, whilst Violet Rock is a deepish shade of purple (and the most disappointing).

For the price these are pretty good, although if you're thinking of trying them, I would recommend the shimmery shades over the matte ones (particularly Rose Quartz which is LOVELY). The range has a good number of shades in the UK, and Boots always seem to be releasing new ones (including some limited editions), so they're definitely worth a look.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Vadzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love these eyeshadows! My favourite is Statuesque, which is similar to UD's toasted. They blend beautifully, quite pigmented and soft. Not chalky and lots of colours too. Will defo buy more colours.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by astarael02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love these! They're so cheap, and so pretty! The darker ones and the brighter ones are very pigmented too (although not as much as MAC obv. But definitely good!), and they're good for buying colours you're not sure about but want to try out, or brighter ones that you love but might not wear that often so don't want to spend loads of money. The more neutral and lighter ones aren't as pigmented, so they're good for easy makeup days when you don't want to do much blending, but for neutrals that I want to show up and stay a long time I go to other brands instead.

My favourite colours from this range are Darkness, Statuesque, Chalice, Spirit, and Ivory Coast as a base.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by hybrid756

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love these little things.

I usually use Mardi Gras, a goldish brown which is shimmery but not garish looking, great for daytime with a good foundation, a coat of mascara and some lip balm. Throw a bit on with a brush and you're good. I have terrible luck with eyeshadows lasting, but this does better than most. If I use powder underneath I can go all day without reapplying. Doesn't end up all over my face. The shadow stays in the pot and doesn't crumble and fall out all through your favourite bag (I love urban decay shadows but this was my big complaint with them - so I would probably use these instead!). Awesome range of shades. Cheap in the shop, but you can pick up other colours online for a fraction of the price if you want to experiment on the cheap.

Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Aether

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As others have said, brilliant value for money (3.49). I own several of these, and my most recent purchase was Staturesque - a very shimmery light pinky brown on the back of my hand and a deeper, quite warm colour on my eyes. One of those colours for those lazy work days when you can't pick a colour and just want one that will go with whatever you are wearing and get of the door! Goes on very smoothly, doesn't end up on my cheeks. I do need to reapply halfway through the day but I've got really oily lids. No comparison to MAC etc, but these are perfect if you want to try a new colour and don't want to spend loads doing so.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by lht21

The dark eyeshadows are definitely worth the cheap price, very pigmented with great colour pay off.
I find the lighter ones harder to work with, but love Ivory coast as a base.
They have also introduced some glitter shadows too,

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2010 11:04:00 AM More reviews by sunniedaiis

I really like this. It stays on for longer than other eyeshadows.
I have this in red and it look really gorgous, I love the choice of colour, but it would be cool if they bought out some glittery eyeshadows as well. It's so cheap, I love the Boots 17 range!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2009 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Ylva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this shadow in Ivory Coast, which is a very pale, matte beige color. I found that it works very well as a base shadow and the quality is way better than I expected considering the low price. I keep returning to this whenever I run out of eyeshadow. As a reformed makeup snob I can highly recomend this.