April 20, 2014 | 1640 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Make-up Remover Cleansing Towelettes

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by diana33dayman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

works so well. i keep this in my gym bag and at my office. i use this before i retouch my makeup, before exercise, and remove makeup all day long.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by baldymonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Cons: They contain fragrance, leave a residue, and will only work on eye makeup if you press really hard, which sometimes results in stinging from the fragrance.

Pros: You can get a really good deal on them at Costco, and the fact that they're only on my face for about thirty seconds before I follow up with a cleanser makes the other stuff more or less okay.

Seriously though, watch out for your eyes. IT BURNS US.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by mrsegg

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These towelettes are heaven sent. They remove all of my makeup- eye and face- with no irritation or redness. I have very sensitive skin and eyes due to rosacea and have had no problems. Highly recommended.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by mogwai

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not great at removing waterproof mascara. Smell horrible and leave a residue. Went in the garbage. Do not buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by makeup9111

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far so good. They smell good too! Takes off my "budgeproof" makeup with ease, it's pretty gentle. It does leave a residue, so I plan on only using these before I follow up with a cleanser, but in a pinch these will get you out of a bind... and your makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Emma241

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I probably shouldn't be writing a review on this product, as I have only used them once and it was many many years ago. Therefore, I can't write a very thorough review about them. However, I do distinctly remember one thing I didn't like about them, and that was the fact that they made my skin feel really greasy and gross after using them. I have really oily skin as well, so it was not great. I can't comment on how well they removed my make-up, as I don't remember. But, I am not willing to repurchase them to find out, as my memory of the way they made my skin feel afterwards is enough to make me not want to buy them again. I am currently using the Biore make-up removing towelettes, and they are my favourite make-up wipes ever (so far).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by MiMiHere

What more can you ask for? Great towelettes as I use them on the go, at the gym, at the office, and at home!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by jaaanet2

First off, thank you Neutrogena for making these wipes. These are the only wipes I ever use to remove my make-up. Now these things actually work! They remove just about every trace of make up, I even use them to remove my eye make-up and it seems to do just fine and I wear waterproof of everything, so that says a lot. They are soft and have never irritated my skin and they always stay moist even though I am not a fan of the packaging. I know they do have like the tiny bucket of these, but it's too pricey for me so i just stick to these re-fill packets. Anyway, I do love these wipes. Now I have tried some of the other Neutrogena wipes, I believe the pink grapefruit and the night calming one, but I like the originals better. I do want to try the deep clean oil-free ones, so if anybody has tried those, let me know please.

Overall very satisfied with this product and will continue to buy them.

Oh and I use this as my first step too my night routine, meaning I do use a cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. So I don't rely on it to fully cleanse my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by kellylynn93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Where was I before this product? Yes, this is a rave review. In fact, this is one of my HG products. I find that these wipes take off a majority of my makeup. When I'm taking my makeup off at night I use these wipes first. I find that these wipes take off a majority of my makeup. Then, I continue with cleansing, toning, and moisturizing. I'm not particular about the fragrance of this product (it doesn't bother me).

I have normal to dry skin. My skin hasn't broken out from these.
Definitely going to repurchase. :]

The only thing that I would change is the packaging. If you don't close the sticky enclosure secure enough, it'll dry out the wipes.

P.S.- I wouldn't use this makeup wipe alone to take off makeup. However, it's a great first step in my night time skin routine.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by kirito

I bought the pack of 144 wipes from Costco, since everyone says that is a much better deal than buying individual packs from the drugstore. I never used makeup remover wipes on a regular basis; I carried the travel pack of Green Tea Makeup Remover Wipes from the Face Shop with me, but at home, I always removed my makeup using the Nature Republic Herb Dressing White Honey Cleansing Water and a cotton pad, which got off all my eye makeup (yes, including waterproof!) without leaving me oily.

I think these makeup wipes are okay. It took much longer to get my eye makeup off with the Neutrogena wipes. I almost had to scrub my eyes to get the mascara off, which is something I never have to do with my Nature Republic Cleansing Water. The wipes remove face makeup and eye makeup such as eyeshadow well, but as for waterproof mascara and even eyeliner, I don't think this cuts it.

For traveling, I think these wipes are great, since carrying around a bottle of traditional remover can be a hassle. However, for use at home, I would rather just use my cleansing water. It is so much more efficient than scrubbing off the mascara with a wipe. Perhaps non-waterproof formulas are easier to remove, but for me, I'm going to stick to my old method of removing my eye makeup.

Also, regarding the packaging, I don't like that it only seals with a sticker type of closure. I believe some packages come with a plastic, snap-close top, but mine does not. I'm afraid that irregular usage will cause the wipes to dry out.