December 20, 2014 | 934 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Make-up Remover Cleansing Towelettes

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by luusk1125

These makeup wipes are irritating and has a strong smell and leaves a sticky residue. These made my face sting and turn red. They are not wet enought to take of makeup you have to use alot and the constant rubbing irritates the skin. The tugging around the eyes is not good. Baby wipes work better and are less irritating.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by daisyismydog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, I love the box and I use it to store samples. Unfortunately that's probably the only thing I really enjoyed about this product.

I had heard good things about them so I bought a giant Costco pack. I don't find this any more effective than a baby wipe which I actually prefer as they're cheaper and they don't sting. I also just am not a fan of the tugging that comes along with wipes and I was hoping that since these claim to "dissolve makeup" that they wouldn't have that problem. They do. It doesn't quite get off a full face of makeup (and I don't even regularly use primer, powder, or setting spray) and has difficulty with even one layer of foundation. Plus, as other reviewers have mentioned, there is a scent which is simultaneously baby-like and grandmotherly. I've mainly been using these for my arm when I've done swatches to use them up.

If you're looking for something that completely takes off all of your makeup, I would look elsewhere. If you're looking for something that takes off most of your makeup for times when you're just about to pass out and this is all you can do, it's not a bad option but personally for me baby wipes are just as effective and cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by bujiyama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Usually I like Neutrogena products, but these towelettes have a strong perfume smell that was unpleasant to me, and they irritated my skin. I have enough trouble finding makeup that won't irritate my skin or make me breakout, so I don't need a cleanser to add to this dilemma. It does remove makeup well, but my Almay Longwear & Waterproof Makeup Remover Pads are scent-free, gentle and get the job done. Regular cold cream works better, too. I won't buy this one again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by courtneyblake

Love the smell, love the way they clean my face. But they make my face burn and I feel like they dry my skin out. I think my skin is just a little too sensitive for these, but they truly are awesome for cleaning makeup. I probably won't repurchase. I will have to find something a little better for my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by LokaLopez13

These are the ONLY wipes that do the job! Takes off what there wipes done like waterproof mascara and you don't have to rub

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by AddiNoRegrts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate them!!!!!!!! I know hate is a strong word but I do! At first they felt hydration which was a plus because during the winter my face get a bit dryer! But after my face started to burn, and got red blotches! The next day my eyelids were dry and scaly, my face also felt dry and it burnt. I had irritation bumps all over my cheeks. My face looks horrible , it's been a week and it's sorta getting better. Never again!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by scm240

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love these and have used them my entire makeup-wearing life. I can't imagine how many packets I've gone through. They're effective and dependable in taking off every stitch of makeup on a daily basis. I have never had a problem with them and would recommend them to anyone seeking a makeup remover.

I only wish they were fragrance-free, which is why I held off a lippie. It's not an overwhelming smell, but if your skin dislikes fragrance, just rinse your face after using them.

ETA: SUPER URGENT UPDATE GUYS: The formula has changed, unbeknownst to me literally like four days ago. I always stock up on products that my HG -- or ya know, because Costco -- and this was one of those items. I would get a new package when I needed them from the closet (they even had the patent pending sticker on them). However, with an Ulta discount I got a new pack and...THEY'VE CHANGED. For the worse. And I've never been in this position before! I need a makeup remover like...tonight!

Basically, what was so great about these before, do not exist. They're highly and obnoxiously fragranced, my skin felt oily after using, and my eyes stung. I guess I should have known mine were sitting on the shelf for a while, but I didn't think the formula would change. What a bummer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2014 8:39:00 AM More reviews by racheljones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by kookiekrumb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I ran out of my Ponds wipes, I picked these up on sale. Work way better than ponds in regard to removing stubborn eye makeup. I am breakout prone, yet, unlike other reviewers I haven't had issues. I wish they didn't have that "baby wipe" smell, but other than that I am going to stick with these for removing makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by yguo001

Breakout! Breakout!!! It works well for removing face make up, but for eyes, forget about it. I actually a kind of like it until it gives me bad breakouts. The type which it will be on your face for a month or two. will never use them again. I have the same type of reaction when I was using M.A.C. makeup removing wipes. they kind of have the same feel.