August 29, 2014 | 967 users online

Concealers - Physicians Formula - Gentle Cover Concealer Stick (Yellow)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Sam3215

This concealer has the most natural looking coverage. Works great. Hard to wash off though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by pookiedoll80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this concealer on my hyperpigmentation spots and sun spots for at least 15 years. If you are like me and like something that looks natural then you might want to try this. But it takes some patience to apply. I apply my moisterizer and whichever products beforehand and then I use a concealer brush and gently pat/blend on any discoloration I have on my face. This concealer cannot be used alone b/c of the color. The yellow color which may be scary for some but really hides all the color from your imperfections. So I then apply powder over my entire faces and it blends in very very well. It has good staying power, it never makes me break out. Has no acne causing ingredients. I would say it takes a little more time to apply this then maybe a liquid concealer but I think the results are better and this is better for your skin if you have acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 5:55:00 AM More reviews by MissCan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amaazzingggggg!
I have natural yellow tones in my skin - I'm part asian - and this covers up dark circles fabulously!

It's like a soft lip stick when applying and I softly blend it in to my skin.
I will apply this before my liquid foundation and then after i have applied concealer - only if i notice any grey coming through under my eyes. Then apply powder lightly.

It lasts for ages! I got this almost a year ago and will probably run out mid year. I got the cube concealer as well but i find that really dry and not so great to apply.

AWESOME product!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by eclecticgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

It is very thick and cakey but the color pay off is not very good. There are better more inexpensive brands but it's alright for the under eye area. Just warm it up with your fingers first.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by rainkiss10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like it but there are other brands better. It cakes depending on the foundation or bb cream you use underneath it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

Love P.F. products but this was a complete waste of time & purchase.The concealer was really sheer on & didn't cover anything.I did return this.Purchased another Yellow concealer with alot more coverage & worth the mony.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by ssullivan173

Ok soooo, I bought this about 2 years ago. I was looking for an everyday concealer and this was one of 6 I bought. this got a big F. I threw it w/my returns ill never get to since I lost the receipt bag and forgot about it.
I brought it out again last week and I LOVE IT. I have been looking for a concealer that was yellow enough, in nc20 ish and even mac concealers (in these light shades) have too neutrally tones to match my foundation & cover my circles.
I LOVE this now. it has to be used as a correcter not a concealer. a correcter neutralizes-(think color wheel)-

Purple circles need yellow
Blue circles need peachy/pinky(orange based)
Redness on face needs green

I think a lot of people try to use this as only a concealer and that may work for a few but its not designed for that. I don't think people would complain a green concealer didn't match their skintone but since this is yellow people treat it differently.

Just like a green concealer, which must be thoroughly BLENDED over redness & acne, this must be BLENDED over purple circles. it simply neutralizes the severity and makes things easier for your concealer. (You use less concealer, look less cakey, etc)

I'm sure phsycians formula and other cosmetic companies have decided their are more purplish circles under eyes than bluish, and personally I have no idea if that's true. because your dealing w/muted colors (noone has royal blue bags under their eyes) its hard to differentiate if you have purple or blue bags. the best thing to do is try peach and yellow and see what works for you and what leaves that grayish tint. the good news is once you know you know and the color you need for correction should be universally the same regardless of brand.

*tips:
After you blend your corrector, whatever it is, apply some concealer to cover any remaining issue. be sure though to pat your concealer so it doesn't remove your corrector and be sure to let your corrector set before using concealer.
Certain types of correctors like liquids, may need a MINISCULE amount of powder before concealer

If you need a peach correcter, skip the high end brands. the biggest drugstore concealer/foundation complaint is "its too peachy." use that to your advantage and use a drugstore concealer as your corrector then you can use any concealer that matches your skintone as coverage will be less of an issue. (olay/covergirl's new stick looks orangey and may work for this purpose but I haven't tried it.) maybelline is usually more orangy and covergirls more pinky in my opinion but that's a generalization.

Play around w/correctors but I find it usually works better than layering on 5coats of concealer since my skins so pale my dark circles show through everything. w/correctors I only need 1 coat of concealer since the corrector is neutralizing.

This is a very nice yellow, I can almost wear just this. if you need yellow, highly recommend it. just moisturize first as it drags a little but its still creamy and like another review says, it sucks you can't twist it down all the way so lift the cap off totally straight! good luck!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by clp53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Terrible product.. Bad with oily skin , I find my eyeliner and eyeshadow end up melting into this.. Other concealers haven't done this. I like that it's a stick and it's heavy coverage. Just no no no for oily skinned ladies

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Griffin13

Purchased this product as I was just getting into makeup and was buying nearly all product from groceries/pharmacies and desperately wanted to get rid of under eye circles. I am no "pro" by any means however..
Does not cover my dark (blue-ish purple) circles at all. I have found correctors in peach work wonders (bobbi brown, erase past, etc) but was initially suggested this before I discovered that. Super waxy. Not very blend-able, it just disappears! Thought id try it out for "contouring" but for all of the above reasons it did nothing for me. Gone by the end of the day even with powders, primers and setting sprays. My under eye area is pretty normal, I get minor oily spots mid day in my t-zone, minor dry-ness beside my nose. Just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So far, I really like this for dark circles that are in the corner of my eyes. It's sheer, which I like, as I don't need much. Stays on well, too. I don't really blend, I tap it with a concealer brush. I hated my L.A. Colors light loose powder, because I think it's a bit too yellow, well, I now use it along with this yellow concealer and together, they work GREAT! Can't tell I have dark circles anymore! Anyway, it's a creamy formula so it is easy to apply. It's also easily buildable. Great drugstore find.