April 19, 2014 | 1714 users online

Fragrances - Burberry - Burberry Classic EDP

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by AllyDean

This has been my favourite scent since I've discovered perfumes in high school and I'm still using it now! Even though I've dabbled with other scents, I still go back to this one and when my local department store stopped stocking it, I went out of my way to look for a store that did. This perfume is great as an everyday scent, it's light enough and not too overwhelming.

However, due to the lightness of the scent, I find that it also fades faster than heavier scents.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Meleana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Too bad some people just can't wear this because of their body chemistry. Smells terrific on me! It reminds me of a faint, sweet maple syrup scent or something soaked in honey. One of my favorites during the winter and early spring, as I don't think of it as a light fragrance.

I still have a large amount of this because I got the large bottle, but I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by JaanBlack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't go into "notes" and all of that but I'll say that it reminds me of a softer, sexier more modern version of "Design" by Paul Sebastian...it's not too floural, a little more woody and something else...either way, I looove it and it's my fav besides Coco's "Mademoiselle" (winter) and Issey Mikaye's "L'Eau d'Issey" (spring/summer) and I can wear it any season :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Kysyona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH THIS PERFUME!! It is not that hard to find a ''security blanket'' among winter perfumes, since most of them contain either musk, or amber or vanilla, or even an ultimate mood enhancer patchouly...But what do we do in spring, when all of those winter-perfect ingredients become just a little ''over the top'' for daywear and a tad stuffy in the gradually warming air? - well, the solution is right in front of you: a peaches-and-cream treat which I am tempted to have a sip of every time I spray it ( generously, since i like a decent silage )!! It has the aura of a hazy now-it's sunny-now-it's-not morning around 7-8 am in early spring... it is drinking your first warm cup of whatever floats your boat, still sleepy-eyed and wrapped into an ages-old woollen blanket... and this feeling stays the whole day, like a protective shield. On me it actually develops a slight medicinal note which I happen to enjoy: it feels vitamin-rich, but pure at the same time ( until now it's been either or, but never in one bottle ). And people notice this effect. I was told that one wanted to snuggle up to me and hug for ages while I wore it, and that it was extremely feminine without being sweet: this is actually THE amazing part, because it seems to be ''sugarfree'', which is such a relief nowadays.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I LOVE this fragrance. I cannot say enough good things about it. It's warm, rich, and has hints of vanilla. It kind of smells like Bailey's (the alcohol beverage). This lasts a long time on my skin, & I would highly reccommend this. With fragrances, always always always try it out on your own skin first, before buying because everyone does have different body chemistry. What smells good on someone else, may not smell great on you...& vice versa.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by sillage

I love original Burberry for Women Classic! (pebble-shaped bottle) It's my favorite Burberry ever, by far, Brit EDP being #2 (meh on Burberry Body, too sharp & ragged, with that weird green absynthe note). The Burberry London in rectangular plaid bottle was far too floral for me -- I love orientals, and Burberry for Women Classic is a vanilla oriental.

I still have half of my original Burberry 3.4oz bottle, which I bought *many* years ago -- and it's a deep golden color -- so I guess you could call it the "vintage" formulation. Burberry for Women was second to Allure EDP in my favorites list about 10 years ago .

The Burberry for Women Classic on dept store shelves today is much paler in color, so I assume it's been reformulated & the scent possibly watered down. I took a cursory sniff of the tester at Dillard, and yep, smells like the original, only lightened up. Possibly the notes have been changed too:

Fragrantica.com says: "It starts with succulent and fresh burst of fruits; peach, apricot, cool pear and black currant. The heart is woody-floral; composed of clear and sharp notes of jasmine gently harmonized with the notes of sandalwood and cedar. The drydown is made of musk and vanilla."

Here are notes, per Parfumo.net:
Top Notes: Green apple, Peach
Heart Notes: Precious woods, Jasmine
Base Notes: Musk, Vanilla

To me, my own bottle smells like Peach, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Musk -- rich & smooth, with a slightly boozy quality. The fruit isn't particularly noticeable to me (which is a good thing since I don't like fruity) -- it just serves to lighten & sweeten the deeper notes a bit, but the focus is on the deep rich basenotes.

Burberry for Women Classic is one of my all-time favorite Fall scents, since it's so warm & smooth, combining wood with vanilla (as Allure does too) -- wood & vanilla being my favorite note combination, along with musk. I suppose when I finally drain my deep golden-colored liquid, I'll have to replace it with one of the new pale bottles. It's a shame that everything that used to be rich & deep & luscious is going fresher & paler.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by astraltraveler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Classic is right. Funny, I don't get much vanilla from this fragrance. I do get vanilla from Fancy Love though. Burberry Classic has a crisp, green yet warm, peachy-cedar and soft kidskin leather vibe. Very unisex smelling. Has a tomboy crispness to it. You can wear this anytime. It lasts a long time in a soft, whispery way on my skin. Been through a dozen or more large bottles of this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have worn this for maybe 4 years now and really love the scent. It is clean but extremely cuddly. After a while, it dries down into a warm, sweet fragrance. Unfortunately, there is ZERO staying power with this stuff. I find that it lasts *maybe* 30 minutes on me. I have tried everything to get it to stay longer, layering with lotion, you name it. *sigh* I guess I will stick with my perfume oils.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this Burberry fragrance completely on a whim. I had depleted my Hanae Mori Butterfly and picked up one of those Sephora fragrance samplers, but was on a hunt for a casual everyday scent or something to continue to pair with my Demeter Angel Food Pick Me Up Spray. I purchased this for $15-19-ish at Ross and actually mistook it for the Burberry Brit, but figured that it was inexpensive enough for me to crank open and try out. I wasn't too fond of it initially, but did eventually realize that it did mix well with Angel Food and meld well with my body chemistry. It's definitely a "sweeter" scent - with some vanilla tinged fruity undertones. As other reviewers have mentioned, there's an ever so slight bit of spiciness to it, but that does tend to be dulled when I mix it with Angel Food. I feel that this tends to smell better after a couple of hours of wear. While I do think it's a great fragrance, I still prefer Butterfly as my Holy Grail, so once I've used up the bottle (maybe six sprays left?), I probably won't repurchase - especially at full retail price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by IsabellaDubose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Definitely a classic.

Opens up with a burst of saltiness and sourness, probably due to the top notes of blackcurrants and green apples. Then, after 20 minutes or so, peach and cream comes into play, giving a beautiful romantic feel to this fragrance. There is also a hint of muskiness and woodiness, which gives you the feeling of stepping into a forest. The dry down is woody and mildly sweet due to the vanilla.

Lasts over 12 hours on my skin that eats up fragrance. Definitely a keeper.

I can get a 100ml (3.4 fl oz) size for S$58++ here, which is around 50USD.
Please note, I was testing it at malls and realized the newer versions smell diluted or lighter. Must be a reformulation!