September 1, 2014 | 1975 users online

Fragrances - Burberry - Burberry Classic EDP

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by nnana

This is a special fragrance for me. Its my 'go-to' scent when all others fail. This scent brings so much memories and I adore how it lingers on my body without being too overwhelming or cloying. Its definitely sweet, musky, sexy without being too heavy. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 5:41:00 AM More reviews by claregriffin

I bought this after spraying it in a department store. The scent lingered on my skin for ages and smelt really musky which I really liked. I bought a bottle online for about 19 for 50ml's and although I do like the dark scent its not something that I smell on myself and although my husband seems to really like it, personally its nothing that stands out. I love a bold perfume that leaves a lingering scent when you walk into a room (not everyone's cup of tea I know) but I just like a fragrance to be noticeable and I didn't get it with this. I now use it to wear to work and occasionally someone will say that I smell nice but I don't think I would bother buying again. The scent is quite dark and woody, definitely not fruity. Has a musky lingering smell but not great sillage. Its definitely not horrible in anyway and smells quite classy but just doesn't have that punch that I like!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by kansha0509

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this as a gift and it probably isn't something I would pick for myself. It's warm, not cloying or overly heavy, and has lovely subtle and sweet undertones that do not overpower. It has a faint alcohol-ish smell adds to its warmth, but it isn't unpleasant. One thing that strikes me about this perfume is that it's city chic - modern, confident, and mature. Not age wise, but more of the kind of personality it brings to mind. It's not the kind of thing I would wear to college or casually - that would require a more natural and laid back style. This scent is not your typical fruity one, it has depth and is superbly blended and the notes complement each other. It's a wonderful perfume, but I see it more as an office or business meeting kind of scent - bold, feminine, confident yet at the same time balanced and not distracting. It would also go really nicely on the first few dates - not overly sexy, but poised and charming. It has a classic feel to it. I'll probably buy it again - in a few years when I have occasions that would suit it better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by AllyDean

This has been my favourite scent since I've discovered perfumes in high school and I'm still using it now! Even though I've dabbled with other scents, I still go back to this one and when my local department store stopped stocking it, I went out of my way to look for a store that did. This perfume is great as an everyday scent, it's light enough and not too overwhelming.

However, due to the lightness of the scent, I find that it also fades faster than heavier scents.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Meleana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Too bad some people just can't wear this because of their body chemistry. Smells terrific on me! It reminds me of a faint, sweet maple syrup scent or something soaked in honey. One of my favorites during the winter and early spring, as I don't think of it as a light fragrance.

I still have a large amount of this because I got the large bottle, but I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by JaanBlack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't go into "notes" and all of that but I'll say that it reminds me of a softer, sexier more modern version of "Design" by Paul Sebastian...it's not too floural, a little more woody and something else...either way, I looove it and it's my fav besides Coco's "Mademoiselle" (winter) and Issey Mikaye's "L'Eau d'Issey" (spring/summer) and I can wear it any season :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Kysyona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH THIS PERFUME!! It is not that hard to find a ''security blanket'' among winter perfumes, since most of them contain either musk, or amber or vanilla, or even an ultimate mood enhancer patchouly...But what do we do in spring, when all of those winter-perfect ingredients become just a little ''over the top'' for daywear and a tad stuffy in the gradually warming air? - well, the solution is right in front of you: a peaches-and-cream treat which I am tempted to have a sip of every time I spray it ( generously, since i like a decent silage )!! It has the aura of a hazy now-it's sunny-now-it's-not morning around 7-8 am in early spring... it is drinking your first warm cup of whatever floats your boat, still sleepy-eyed and wrapped into an ages-old woollen blanket... and this feeling stays the whole day, like a protective shield. On me it actually develops a slight medicinal note which I happen to enjoy: it feels vitamin-rich, but pure at the same time ( until now it's been either or, but never in one bottle ). And people notice this effect. I was told that one wanted to snuggle up to me and hug for ages while I wore it, and that it was extremely feminine without being sweet: this is actually THE amazing part, because it seems to be ''sugarfree'', which is such a relief nowadays.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I LOVE this fragrance. I cannot say enough good things about it. It's warm, rich, and has hints of vanilla. It kind of smells like Bailey's (the alcohol beverage). This lasts a long time on my skin, & I would highly reccommend this. With fragrances, always always always try it out on your own skin first, before buying because everyone does have different body chemistry. What smells good on someone else, may not smell great on you...& vice versa.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by sillage

I love original Burberry for Women Classic! (pebble-shaped bottle) It's my favorite Burberry ever, by far, Brit EDP being #2 (meh on Burberry Body, too sharp & ragged, with that weird green absynthe note). The Burberry London in rectangular plaid bottle was far too floral for me -- I love orientals, and Burberry for Women Classic is a vanilla oriental.

I still have half of my original Burberry 3.4oz bottle, which I bought *many* years ago -- and it's a deep golden color -- so I guess you could call it the "vintage" formulation. Burberry for Women was second to Allure EDP in my favorites list about 10 years ago .

The Burberry for Women Classic on dept store shelves today is much paler in color, so I assume it's been reformulated & the scent possibly watered down. I took a cursory sniff of the tester at Dillard, and yep, smells like the original, only lightened up. Possibly the notes have been changed too:

Fragrantica.com says: "It starts with succulent and fresh burst of fruits; peach, apricot, cool pear and black currant. The heart is woody-floral; composed of clear and sharp notes of jasmine gently harmonized with the notes of sandalwood and cedar. The drydown is made of musk and vanilla."

Here are notes, per Parfumo.net:
Top Notes: Green apple, Peach
Heart Notes: Precious woods, Jasmine
Base Notes: Musk, Vanilla

To me, my own bottle smells like Peach, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Musk -- rich & smooth, with a slightly boozy quality. The fruit isn't particularly noticeable to me (which is a good thing since I don't like fruity) -- it just serves to lighten & sweeten the deeper notes a bit, but the focus is on the deep rich basenotes.

Burberry for Women Classic is one of my all-time favorite Fall scents, since it's so warm & smooth, combining wood with vanilla (as Allure does too) -- wood & vanilla being my favorite note combination, along with musk. I suppose when I finally drain my deep golden-colored liquid, I'll have to replace it with one of the new pale bottles. It's a shame that everything that used to be rich & deep & luscious is going fresher & paler.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by astraltraveler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Classic is right. Funny, I don't get much vanilla from this fragrance. I do get vanilla from Fancy Love though. Burberry Classic has a crisp, green yet warm, peachy-cedar and soft kidskin leather vibe. Very unisex smelling. Has a tomboy crispness to it. You can wear this anytime. It lasts a long time in a soft, whispery way on my skin. Been through a dozen or more large bottles of this one.