July 30, 2014 | 2045 users online

Loose Powders - Stila - Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2008 8:24:00 AM More reviews by dancinxelise

I have the hydrating powder and it works very well for me. I have fairly dark skin so the colour works well for me (actually Stila colours always work well for me) but for a one-shade-suits-all formula I can't see it suiting all shades because it's not really translucent =S Anyways as a powder I think this is brilliant. It doesn't irritate my skin (I had a bad experience with a powder foundation before where I found that it really broke me out) and makes my skin feel fabulous for hours and hours =) Really lasts the distance and stops my oily skin from feeling, well, oily. I love it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2008 5:33:00 AM More reviews by Harlot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a review of Stilas NEW Hydrating Loose Powder. This is a strange powder. It comes in one shade so you`d expect it to be translucent or at least be workable with many skin tones, but it`s not. I have medium/fair complexion. I brushed it on my dry forearm in the store, and it looked fine, but after dusting over a dewy face it turns orange! That`s right- a brownish orange tone. I then put some moisturizer on my forearm, waited a few minutes, and dusted over that- this time my arm turned a dark apricot color . Ask for a sample before you purchase this powder. This powder goes back to the store tomorrow...

A suggestion for buying face powder: apply a moisturizer to your arm in the store, THEN dust the tester powder over that area. That will give you an idea of how it reacts over moist makeup. Often times powders look completely different on totally dry skin versus slightly moistened skin...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2008 6:05:00 PM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a review for Illuminating Treatment Powder. I couldn't find another place to review it so here goes. This is a very strange product. The first time I tried it I thought my powder brush had somehow gotten wet and switched brushes. After it happened again I realized it was the product. It has this strange wet feeling when it goes on and is very granular in texture. I tried it over makeup and it kind-of balled up and mucked up my face. I am not sure what this is supposed to do but I don't think I like it. The site claims it is a best seller in Asia but I am perplexed. I would love to be enlightened if it is just me. Anyone else out there used this?

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2008 1:08:00 AM More reviews by cheesemonks

Really like the powder, got it for a steal but would NEVER pay full retail for this. Controls my oilies well. Doesn't make me look too powdery or ashy and sets my foundation nicely....but. what the hell is with the packaging???! I thought the shaker was cute at first, but now it is completely impossible to travel with. Very annoying, especially since I like the product. took 1 lippie off for the stupid shaker top.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2007 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Crescent_Shadow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I LOVE this powder! I was initially sceptical due to quite a number of negative reviews, but curiosity get the best of me and I bought it via strawberrynet. I'm PPP NC/NW15, and I use this in Fair. The powder is literally white, but it blends well and brightens my face. It's very finely milled, never heavy or chalky or cakey. I'm dry so I don't need oil controlling properties. It doesn't oxidize at all too! This product is far better than T.LeClerc and Shu Uemura, and I got it for half the price of TBS loose powder. What more can I ask for? Well maybe except for the packaging. It's a very cute shaker bottle, and I don't find it a trouble for everyday usage, but it's seems like a bad idea to travel with this. I tried it once and powder shattered on my makeup bag. Still, I love this product, and wonder why this doesn't get higher rating like NARS loose powder, since I find the two are comparable. Both have awesome quality. NARS seems to be better in terms of coverage, but I like Stila's Fair shade a bit better than NARS's Snow. I will certainly repurchase Stila loose powder if I can get my hands on it, but Stila is not available in Indonesia and if I remember correctly, this product has long been removed from the official website and Sephora. Has it been discontinued? If it is so, I'm very disappointed, and strongly hope that they will bring it back.

Price: US$18 for 28gram at strawberrynet.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2007 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Vivian2

I use this powder in light and it is a great shade for me. It is a sheer coverage powder but looks nice over any foundation. It really lasts well throughout the day as well. I only need to blot once when wearing this powder. Which is a miracle for me. I think that the packaging is cute, it's different.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2005 10:39:00 PM More reviews by jessicamo

i bought this on ebay or $5 because i liked the packaging.i usually use t. leclerc in nicre, but this is great for $5. it's in the old packaging ( a cylinder with a twist top), so i can travel with it, unlike t. leclerc. the fair shade makes my skin look porcelain. what a find.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2005 2:06:00 AM More reviews by ningy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have read negative review about this and was wondered so I give it a try. This actually not bad goes on smoothly, It's does cover the big pore, I have medium shade which very complement to mine 30-40 watt. The staying power is less than Px custom blend and BB (which good for the first 2 week I used) I normally i don't touch up, just blot the excess oil and the powder still there. It's don't cake like Px all skin powder.
The shaker package is cute, but It would be better to gave a pot to pore the powder in it. anyway i dont' have problem with that :)UPDATE!!! This powder cause breakout, absolutely no no.. for ance prone skin..I want to love this product, but this just not working for me :( won't buy this again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2004 11:41:00 PM More reviews by AsiaChick

This powder looked natural on me along with the Complete Coverage Foundation. I love how this is yellow. I also like that this is a little cheaper than a lot of powders ($25 for 1 oz). While the shaker bottle is cute it's not very practical for me, so I'm gonna have to find something to put this stuff in.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2004 11:44:00 PM More reviews by ilovestuff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

First, let me say that I love, absolutely adore the packaging! As with most Stila products, that was the big draw for me.

Now on to the nitty gritty...I am not impressed with the "staying power" of this powder. I have an oily t-zone and my nose is shiny within about 30 minutes of applying this. No matter how much or how little or what method I use to apply it, it just won't stay! What's the deal? What's the point?