August 23, 2014 | 1117 users online

Treatments (Face) - MD Formulations - Facial Creme

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by charls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

How does this product only have 11 reviews????? It's my holy grail skin product!!!! I have been using the Facial Creme (now called Continuous Renewal Complex) for at least 7 years now and I've gone from having pimply, heavily combination skin as a 20 year old (where I wouldn't leave the house without a tonne of makeup to "patch" my blemishes), to having almost porcelain skin (could go completely without makeup). I was about ready to get a dermatologist to do whatever they could to my skin and fork out thousands of dollars, but my mum recommended me to see a cosmetic therapist and she recommended me MD Formulations when I was 19 or 20. I really don't know why their products are not more popular, because they work!

This product has cleaned out my pores and shrunk them so tiny that I can't even see them on my nose anymore. No more blackheads, and it has helped incredibly with my skin congestion.

I use this product every night without fail with a deep hydrating moisturizer and I can't live without it. If I'm spending any amount of time away from home, it comes with me. For me, it's worth every cent and I will continue to use it forever. For a time I did try converting to the Paula's Choice equivalent, but there is no comparison. MD Formulations is far superior, I don't know why but I don't get results using other brands.

Packaging is just a small tub, never leaks. The creme is quite thick in consistency, not runny at all, but applies thinly to the skin. A little goes a long way. A 50ml tub lasts me quite a few months. If you're concerned with cleanliness, you can scoop a blob out with a Q-tip/cottonbud.

This product is for dry to normal to combo-dry skin, for normal to combo-oily, there is a gel equivalent. I think it's the continuous renewal serum.

I wear at least an SPF15 foundation everyday in Winter, and at least an SPF30 foundation everyday in Summer. Without sunscreen, sunburn is almost instant while using AHA and BHAs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 10:54:00 AM More reviews by susie03

This is called Continuous Renewal Complex in the UK now. I've been using it for 2 months, in conjunction with the facial cleanser this potent 14% glycolic cream has made a significant improvement to my skin. It's firmer, plumper and more even toned. A number of people have commented. I can even look in my vanity mirror in the car in broad daylight without cowering!
I only use it in the morning and I need a moisturiser on top. It stings slightly on application when you first start using it but no redness or lasting irritation.
My only gripe - other than the price - is the packaging, this is in a jar, I'm thinking of getting the Serum (lotion) next time as it comes in a pump though only 12% glycolic. Can't take off a lippy though as this has delivered such great results!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by mypsalms

I think this is one of those products that when you do found 'it', you'd made sure you have it handy. This light cream-lotion actually helps to soothe and calm down pimples/acnes. Recently I do a 15 days body detox. Something in the pills caused my skin to break out like when I was a teen( red-huge-painfull acne)!! My doc said it has something to do with my hormone and told me to stop the detox program. My facialist gave me a sample of this cream and it dried out my existing break-out and moisturize my skin at the same time. I'll have this in my keep from now on. oh.. I'm now using this for a week already, I saw result overnight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2008 7:11:00 AM More reviews by Hilarie86

I'm a huge MD Formulations fan, this brand really saved my skin a few years ago. I use Facial Lotion in the summer, but since winters here are cold and my skin a bit drying I use this during winter/fall. I'm acne prone and this really helps my skin stay smooth, pure and acne-free !
The packaging reminds me of something you can get at at the pharmacy, but as long as the product works it doesn't matter. Should not be worn alone if your skin is dry, I always use moisturizer on top of this. I'm in a long term relationship with glycolic acid products, this is definately a HG! Amazing stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2007 11:25:00 AM More reviews by shoobysue1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This cream is great for my combination acne prone skin, I only use it at night though, it seems to help prevent spots and blackheads and any I do get come straight to the surface for me to pop - great stuff! I stopped using this for a week and my skin started to get bad again so I'm back on it and won't be wthout it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2007 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a drug which I can't really quit using... My skin is dry, quite thin, and normal exfoliators only add insult to injury by making it even more flaky than before. But this cream is my lifesaver. I use it morning and night under a regular moisturizer for my skintype, and I find it helps the moisturizer penetrate better, so that I can get away with using products for slightly dry skin, instead of the industrial strength moisturizers I always had to rely on before. I recently had a break from glycolic acid for almost a month, and my skin again started acting crazy; it was as dry as a desert, and nothing helped. But only a few applications of the Facial Creme has brought my skin back on track. I will continue using this unless something even better shows up.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2007 3:03:00 AM More reviews by mena14

Most glycolic acid products are awesome but this is my favorite. It's pretty much entirely gotten rid of my acne. And before this product any zit I'd get would leave behind a brown hyperpigmentation spot for weeks! With this product, it goes away in a few days. Gives me soft, perfect, glowing skin. I get compliments all the time. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2006 7:42:00 PM More reviews by maithuy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this cream, it helped my problem skin. It's very moisturising too, I used it only at night. I also love MD Formulation suncreen too, I think their suncreen is the best, non-greasy and SPF 30. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2006 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Pickiis

I'll start by saying i've only tried a sample of this, but i have already order a full jar, have fallen in love with it. One day i was looking for something in my drawer and found this, i dun even remembered where i received the sample from, and since my skin has been very congested and dull lately, i've decided to give it a go. Mind you, i've been staying away from glycolic product for many many years, used to use neostrata and it was too strong for me and sometimes irritated my skin. Well, MD didnt. in fact, i loved it on my first go. although, it is a glycolic product, it seemed to calm my skin a little, which never happens to me with glycolic product. the first morning, i woke up with calm, clear, hydrated and smooth skin and same result with every other nights i used it. the biggest bonus was this cream reduces the size of my acne overnight. Bigger ones became smaller, smaller ones doesnt even pop up from surface, it just heals. Again, this happened to me not only one night but all the other nights. The sample i received lasted me around 8 days. Without doubt, one of the most surprising cream i've ever used, especially i started without any expectation. Im hoping with continue usage i'll have less acne and hope it'll reduce my light acne scars, which i havent noticed only by trying the sample. Will update.

UPDATE: my skin on my upper cheeks cant tolerate this when use everynight, so i've been using this as acne treatment, which still works very well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2006 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Flummig

This didn't work for me at all. I have changed to Facial lotion instead and that works so mutch better. I have combination skintype with blemishes so it can be that the product wouldn't work for that kind of skintype. Otherwise it can be a good cream for dry skin.