Mary Kay Signature Lipstick in Raisinberry

3.9

on 10/17/2014 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love MK lipsticks! This is a brown-plummy frost w a hint of red. It's conservative but at the same time not boring or too "mature" like an old gramma or anything. It's simply lovely! It's one of MKs more complex colors. I've got a small stash of MK lipsticks & I like them all that I've tried.

on 10/3/2013 1:14:00 PM

If I do drugstore lipsticks, I do revlon or NYX. If I do department store lipsticks, I am a MAC'er. I got a tube of this from a friend (who is a MK rep), and it's the perfect blend of brown and plum. I cannot find another color to dupe it. Other colors are either too purple or too brown. This one is just perfect, and it is a creamy lipstick that lasts hours, even through a meal. I would buy this color again when I run out, just because I haven't found another like it.

on 3/29/2013 10:04:00 PM

raisinberry is one of my favorite lippies. the color is a perfect plummy berry. my lips are quite pigmented and this adds quite a bit of oomph without looking too goth. one of the few stronger colored lippies i can get away with wearing to work. i also love the texture; it's moisturizing but thick enough not to migrate everywhere. would repurchase.

on 10/1/2012 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Okay, absolutely love the color with my red-hair (I got complements last time I wore is). The lipstick itself is rather so-so, nothing special. Will not purchase again, but will finish up what I have of this color. Just not very long lasting or moisturizing. I'll stick with my go-to lipstick for now, (Real Purity brand), but always looking for other lipsticks as well.

on 11/16/2011 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I know a lot of women complain about Mary Kay lipstick being dry and the color selection being off...but, I LOVE their lipsticks. I am African- American w/ caramel color skin, black hair, and dark brown eyes, and their color is perfect for me for several reasons. One, the color is true to what it actually appears in the package. I have several Clinique & EL lipsticks & they all look great in the tube, then when you put some of them on the color turns too pink/too red/ too orange, etc against my skintone. I waste a lot of $$ b/c I have to throw it out. Second, Mary Kay lipsticks are long wearing. Sure they are a tad drier than most (but not to the point of being uncomfortable), but the formula is long wearing. I'll take that any day over a too- moist color that slides around. These babies stay put. Top off w/ a pretty gloss and you get the best of both worlds-- creamy, full coverage with some shine.

This color, Raisinberry, is super pretty. I have been a fan of Downtown Brown by Mary Kay since 2003. Raisinberry is like the more plummy version of Downtown Brown. It is a sweet symphony of frosty, plum, rose, brown for warmth---not too cool, not too warm, pretty sheen...yum! I just recieved this in the mail today (ordered online) and it is a pretty, neutral, yet polished daytime shade. It looks great with my brown and taupe eyeshadows as well as the cooler plums and grays. I can see how it would be beautiful on a range of skin tones.

So....try this if you like a medium coverage lip color that stays true and lasts long. You won't be disappointed.

on 7/8/2010 6:19:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I regret buying this product. I would prefer to have stuck to the maybelline moisture extreme lipsticks, this lipstick, although relatively new has the texture of a lipstick you might find in the bottom of great grandma`s toiletries bag, at least 30 years old. I`ve used dollar store lipsticks better then this! I do like the color however, it`s true to its name and has a subtle metallic shimmer to it. But the texture is beyond horrible, so it just doesn`t do it for me.

on 9/14/2009 4:26:00 PM

I liked the color, but found the formula far too drying for me, even with lip balm underneath. Probably won't try MK's lipsticks again unless they reformulate them.

on 12/21/2008 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I really love this lipstick. It stays for a good while, and the colour looks great. Not only that, but my mom and I both use this lipstick, and it looks great on both of us even though her skin is lighter than mine!

on 11/11/2008 6:36:00 PM

Unbelievably dry!! This is called "creme lipstick", which leads you to assume it's moisturizing and smooth. Not so. While the bronzy-berry shade is passable, the dry texture is bizarre. Within seconds, it makes my 27-year-old lips age 40 years. The transition was so extreme, it made my coworkers laugh... until they found out I spend almost $17 CDN on it. It dries, feathers and fades in patches. You can find a great, moisturizing, long-lasting and flattering lipstick at the drugstore for less than half the price. Disgraceful!

on 3/30/2008 12:48:00 AM

Love this color!! I don't find it extremely dry either. It has good staying power and works with so many skin tones. I always use it as a base color and then change it up a little with a touch of gloss.

Popular Lipsticks