LUSH Ultra Bland

Almond Oil , Rose Water (Rosa centifolia), Beeswax (Cera alba), Honey, Fresh Iris Extract (Iris florentina), Glycerine, Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Tincture of Benzoin (Styrax benzoin), Sodium Borate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 10/5/2015 4:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Prior to this I had been using the Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm which costs £38 a pot. I hated myself for spending so much on cleanser but at that point it was the best thing I had used to clean my skin.

However after hearing great things about Ultrabland I decided to give it a try and I'm so glad I did. It's a fraction of the cost of the Emma Hardie balm and it works miles better in my opinion. It's easier to apply as you just take it from the pot straight into your face without the need to wet your hands first. It feels lovely and thick on your skin and you don't need to use too much product. I smear it all over my whole face and eyes. I then use a muslin cloth to remove it from my face and to be more gentle on and around my eyes I use this amazing super soft cloth I got from body shop. The cleanser wipes away really easily with both cloths leaving my skin completely makeup free and looking so clean and refreshed. Far more than it ever did with the Emma Hardie balm. Every time I use this my skin is so soft and looks glowing with health after. I use it every evening to remove my makeup. If I have more time I will leave it on a little bit before removing it to give it a chance to really soak in and remove all the dirt and impurities. For me this is my HG makeup cleanser.

on 9/13/2015 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have Rosacea skin and I use several cleansers depending on what my skin feels like. I noticed other reviewers describe rubbing this cleanser off. Yikes, if I did that I'd be on fire!

I use this cleanser in the winter when my skin is dry and irritated. I apply it with my fingers and massage it gently into my skin. I then take a warm (not hot), wet washcloth and hold it onto my skin and let it 'steam' a little bit and then gently wipe that section of my face off with the washcloth. I repeat usually two or three times for the rest of my face.

Washing this way gets rid of all makeup and leaves my face clean and moisturized. The 'steam' aspect helps clean out my pores but does not remove blackheads completely. I use something else for that. I like the scent. As others have described it as 'honey' and its accurate.

Since using washcloths this way makes for a lot of oil in the cloths, I bought separate washcloths specifically for this purpose and wash the bejeezas out of them. It doesn't seem to matter if some of the oil remains in them after washing. When they get too oily, I'll replace them.

I use the same process with olive oil which is less rich than the UB. There is no 'film' left on my skin, only some light oil which I want there in the driest time of winter. Its a bit of a production time-wise but it feels so good that I don't mind.

on 9/10/2015 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was solely just using Bioderma to cleanse my face to remove my makeup, but I found it to be drying on my skin especially in the colder months so I was finally convinced to use a cleansing balm as a second cleanser.

After obtaining a sample of this from Lush and using it for about two weeks, here's what I thought of Ultrabland overall...

- It does what it says - effectively removes makeup. No frills, nothing. It does the job.
- Despite the high beeswax content and its other moisturising ingredients like honey, rose water, almond oil etc. I was scared it would make me breakout because my skin is very breakout prone. Ultrabland DID NOT make me break out after prolonged usage. No bad reactions at all!
- Doesn't dry out my skin. It's very nourishing for something that aggressively removes makeup.
- Easy to use. I swipe some of Ultrabland on my dry face, spread it out errwhere then use a wet, warm flannel to wipe off the makeup. Flannelling off my makeup isn't as much of a hassle as I thought at all. I actually like doing this now because my skin feels like it's been exfoliated too.
- It smells nice! Tbh I don't care if a skincare product smells bad, as long as it works. But I still like the smell of Ultrabland. It smells like honey-flavoured yoghurt.

- I've yet to buy an actual tub of Ultrabland, but I know it's expensive. Around $30AUD for the bigger 100g tub.
- Leaves a sticky film. I mean, look at the ingredients. I personally don't care about the sticky residue anymore because it seems to not be doing anything bad to my skin and making it break out. Plus, all the residue gets removed upon showering. But I know most people don't like cleansers leaving a residue, so be warned.
- I haven't really seen any significant skincare benefits upon using Ultrabland. Because of this, paying $30 for it seems a bit... ehh...

However, despite the above cons... I will repurchase! My sample just ran out and I feel like something significant in my skincare routine is missing already! I will repurchase because for me, the pros outweigh the cons. After all, the main reasons I wanted to try Ultrabland was to incorporate a second cleanse into my skincare routine using a product that won't dry out my face, won't make me break out and will get the job done. Ultrabland did this! I just wish there were more skincare benefits since the price is a bit high for something that does something pretty simply. I took away one lippie because of the price.. haha.

on 8/19/2015 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love Lush but this was such a waste of money! It was so hard to spread on my face, didn't feel like it cleansed at all and left a horrible residue on my face when I rinsed off. I'm happy I got the small size instead of the full one, but it still was a waste of 17 dollars!

on 8/16/2015 12:30:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Seems to be working nicely. I have combination skin. The oilyness isn't bad but I get a bit shiny in the TZONE and my jaw and cheeks are dry. The problems I face with my skin are blemishes and sensitivity. Most of my blemishes are hormone related. I find that the super strength acne solutions are way too stripping and harsh and dry out my skin. I find gentle products help keep my skin under control. This cleanser is a weird consistency to get used to but alongside a makeup wipe and a toner it works great for gently removing makeup and grime. I love the smell and it is very gentle on my skin and seems to be working at keeping spots at bay. Overall a nice product gets a 4 star because I have only been using for a week.

on 8/5/2015 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I really love this cleanser. I use it everyday in conjunction with my Coal Face soap bar sample.
It smells like sweet honey, and it's really thick and creamy. I though it would break me out, but honestly it's really further perfected my skin. I get few zits, and less dry flakies and such along my t-zone. My only problem is the price, but Lush overall is such a expensive luxury. However, I'll try to make sure I keep this, because it's worked so well for my combo skin.

on 8/4/2015 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

At first I loved this, I thought Holy Grail for sure. I believe I used it around a month or so, I used a whole pot up anyways and am on my second pot.

BUT I started realizing that my skin texture was getting that " orange peel" kinda look to it. Also, I noticed that when I used this my face was CRAZY RED. I first thought it was because of the rubbing motion you use to take it off.
I was wrong it was def this 'cleanser.' Upon switching cleansers, my skin texture isnt bump irritated anymore.
If your skin isnt irritated this is a pretty convient cleanser, which will not dry out your skin.

( if your skin is sensitive try using " Soy" cleanser which you can get in sephora, its literally life changing for sensitive skin)

on 8/2/2015 10:31:00 AM

I've purchased this product three times already, I love it! I went into Lush and asked one of the lovely employees what would work with my combination and acne prone skin, and she recommended Ultrabland and a toner, face mask, moisturiser and another cleanser. This time, I only got the Ultrabland, toner and the face mask. But then I got the moisturiser and cleanser on different occasions. This product is very creamy and very oily and at first, I thought it'd be terrible on my skin as it gets pretty oily. But I was SO wrong! It takes my make up off easily, leaves my skin smooth and soft, and doesn't make me breakout. I use a wash cloth to remove it and sometimes it can be difficult to completely remove as it's very thick, but that isn't really a problem to me. It's perfect for any skin type, whether it's oily, dry or sensitive. I will always continue to use this product.

on 7/21/2015 5:53:00 AM

Awful, it broke my sensitive acne-prone skin out terribly and it always left a waxy residue on my skin which may be what caused the issue. There are some good ingredients but they just weren't effective. I can't explain fully why it was so awful but it just didn't work out for me at all. The assistants at LUSH were kind enough to refund me for it as they could see the damage and they recommended the Herbalism cleanser which is so much better and doesn't break me out but can make you look slightly dull though.

on 7/3/2015 6:38:00 AM

Love this. My skin is far too fussy for everything on the market. But this
You only need the tiniest amount. I think people complaining on here about it being too greasy are using too much. Give it a swipe with toner and you're good to go
I wash my face twice a day morning and eve so will be purchasing another tub :)

Fab shop assistants

Fab product

Could be a little cheaper but for the results I won't complain ;)