October 24, 2014 | 1815 users online

Body Scrubs - Bath and Body Works - Pure Simplicity Cocoa Scrub

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2008 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

This smells like hot chocolate. I LOVE IT!! My skin feels so soft after usng this scrub. I love the texture and the size of the granules is just perfect. You don't get that oily feel that some scrubs leave you with. I hate this has been discontinued. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Ruby2003

I love this scrub! I cannot believe its D/C. I managed to pick up 2 at the SAS to try it and fell in love immediately. Of course when i went back to buy more they were all sold out. My skin has never felt so smooth and soft before. Large amount of product in tub form. Priced somewhat high regularly but @ 90% off during the SAS it was a real steal...hence why they were all gone when I went back. Only drawback is that its a tub and application can be tricky in the shower without getting water in it. Will be looking for it again in the winter or via swap.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2007 2:48:00 PM More reviews by ivorycanvas

My absolute favorite part of this product is the scent. Not too sweet, but a beautiful blend of cocoa beans and cinnamon. I use this in the shower and it makes my skin feel super smooth and re-energized. I highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2007 4:06:00 AM More reviews by IllumiGem

I too love this scrub! It's the best thing I've ever bought from B&BW. The scent in itself just gets me excited about using this product. The granules are perfectl in texture...not to rough, not too gentle and my skin feels super smooth after using this. If available I will definitely be stocking up on this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2007 12:14:00 AM More reviews by monroegirlie

I LOVE this scrub. LOVE. I am a scrub addict, and will purchase any kind, anywhere. The scent alone is addicting! It smells like I'm being lathered in a huge cocoa field...oh right :) back to the review! Pros: it lathers! What scrub does that? So you can easily see where it has been applied. It has an enticing aroma- good enough to eat! My skin is left silky-smooth, with no rough spots (elbows and knees included!). Cons: Hmm can't think of any! I wish it came in a tube, so that I wouldn't waste so much scooping it out only to find half of it ends up on the bottom of the tub :( Would definately repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2006 9:00:00 PM More reviews by originalgeek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this. Score two for Bath and Body works coming up with scrubs I love. The first was the coffee based True Blue scrub, and this one is my new favorite. A dense creamy base that washes off easily, with perfect scrubby grains. I use this as a prep to shaving. Too bad I think they're cancelling. I'd buy it on Ebay if I had to.

Also, it smells awesome!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2006 2:18:00 AM More reviews by lisabell10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this at the last sale (at Xmas) and just broke it open last night. It is Sooooo Goooood! I wish I'd tried it sooner! The texture is like no other scrub I've tried; rinses clean and is not "too" scrubby, but gets the job done. Rather than the mint people describe, I detect a bit of a cinnamon note -- whatever it is, it's YUM!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2006 4:32:00 PM More reviews by lizhorvath

I love this scrub. Its texture is similar to whipped butter, although it feels more like thick chocolate cream as I massage it onto my skin. As I abhore the sugar/salt scrubs that leave you coated in oil, I adore that this scrub leaves my skin soft, smooth, and fresh-feeling. The formula contains small gritty scrubbies that do a good job of removing dead skin while the creamy base soothes and smooths the skin. The scent is out of this world; as other reviewers mentioned, it is not a "foodie" chocolate, but more of a sweet creamy milk scent mixed with cocoa. The scent also contains a cool "minty" note ... it doesn't seem to be mint exactly, but maybe something more like juniper or eucalyptus. The scent drove me to pick up the body cream, body balm, body wash, and bath soak in this line. I bought them for $6 each at the semi annual sale, but ... does this mean that the cocoa line will be discontinued? Say it isn't so, B&BW!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2006 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Lukalove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WELL HERE THEY GO AGAIN...BATH AND BODY WORKS HAS DECIDED TO DISCONTINUE YET ANOTHER ONE OF MY FAVORITES. IF YOU LOVE THIS LIKE I DO YOU BETTER GO OUT AND STOCK UP SINCE THIS WILL SOON BE GONE ALONG WITH THEIR OTHER PURE SIMPLICITY BODY PRODUCTS. I CANNOT STAND THIS ABOUT B&BW!!!!!!!! BOOOOOO!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2006 10:10:00 AM More reviews by SugarBear75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the way this scrub feels. It has just the right amount of scrub to exfoliate without being too harsh. The texture of this scrub is perfect. The smell is okay, especially if you are in the mood for a Milky Way candy bar.