April 24, 2014 | 1834 users online

Shampoo - Kiss My Face - Miss Treated Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by oceanmythos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

As someone who is no stranger to dye jobs and who also works outside most of the time, my hair is paying for it by always being dry and thirsty. A lot of organic moisturizing shampoos are a crapshoot for me because they often leave my hair feeling heavy and filled with product, even after rinsing. This shampoo, however, is a quaint blessing. I've been using it for about two weeks and during that time, I haven't had to use a conditioning agent at all! (with other shampoos, I'd treat my hair afterward with jojoba oil.) When I'm in the shower, I'll soap my hair and let the shampoo sit on it for about two minutes before rinsing and this seems to make a difference in the moisturizing power.

It's a bummer that this shampoo is getting so many negative reviews; it's really helped my hair so far. I enjoy the smell, too: clean, fresh, and not too perfume-y. I've never been one to be be bothered by essential oils; rather, I encourage their presence in my bath & body care. As long as my hair continues to feel this soft and healthy, I'll keep buying this particular brand.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

I love the conditioner in the Miss Treated set but the shampoo is too drying. I used the Whenever first and liked it but I like the Miss Treated scent more so I tried the shampoo. This one makes my hair crunchy in comparison. The Whenever scent is ok and it reminds me of dishwashing liquid but I'll probably buy that one again next time instead of Miss Treated shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by empiricallyVain

I bought this because my hair is damaged and I wanted something that would not strip my hair as much, yet clean it up nicely in the shower. I have the ole greasy roots dry ends syndrome. I have been aware for a long time now that all that great lather is usually stripping your hair, speaking as a former heavy lather addict that is, it can be a hard habit to break. I love this shampoo, it does lather (though not crazy amounts, but adequate) it doesn't leave your hair squeaky clean (this is a good thing) I find my hair is less greasy over the day than with "traditional" shampoos as my scalp is not fighting to replace oils after I use it. My hair is more balanced from root to tip. I use a treatment conditioner after this so maybe that makes the finished difference for me, but I love this shampoo, I think it smells nice, Ill buy again and again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by XOXfallenangel

I bought this product a year ago because I was looking for a shampoo that was SLS free and this seemed like a good option. I paid $8.99 for it at a drugstore because it's really hard to find at my local Wal-Mart. The bottle lasted me a few months , it doesn't lather because it's SLS free. The first few washes left my hair moisturized, but after that it began feeling rough, curly and frizzy and my scalp got so dry and started flaking. I wouldn't buy it again

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by mondrew

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This shampoo doesn't leave my hair feeling all dry and rough after I've rinsed it out, unlike regular shampoos. It leaves my hair looking healthy and shiny, but then the condition of my hair wasn't too bad anyway, just in need of a trim and a bit dry.
It is expensive, but I guess that makes me more concious of how much I'm using and I've found that I tend to use less than other shampoos and it is still enough for my long hair. The smell is okay, but as with most natural products has the smell of who knows how many essential oils/herbs which I am getting a bit bored with. I would buy it again, but I would like to try some other natural shampoos first.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by TeenBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I'm looking for an SLS free shampoo; when I can home I read the reviews, but decided to use it once before I took it back. It does leave your hair dry as others explained & the shamppo has a tea tree oil scent. I took back in exchange for the "Big Body" Shampoo which got very good reviews (4.3 rating); that one smells like lavender; hopefully I'll like it!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2008 8:57:00 AM More reviews by graiae66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the Kiss my Face products in general, but this shampoo is not the best for my hair. It cleans--but leaves hair very dry. I bought it in hopes of finding a good "after swimming" shampoo. This did not live up to my expectations. The conditioner is a little better. I'll finish the bottle but not re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2008 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Elizabeth01

I can't believe that this product has such bad reviews! I purchased this shampoo because I love Kiss My Face skincare & the fact that the shampoo is organic and not tested on animals was a huge plus. After about a week of using this shampoo & conditioner I have to say my hair has never looked this good! It is so shiny and healthy - I have recieved so many complements & it's cheap to boot :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2006 11:14:00 AM More reviews by tarrenae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Should be called Mis-leading or Mis-labeled not mis-treated!

I would have to agree with most of the views on this product.Normally KMF shampoo is my favorite and works well on my hair.Mis-treated claimed it was good for damaged or color treated hair,so thought to give it a try.However this shampoo
is very drying even on my slightly oily hair with dry ends.It did not have very good moisturizing properties at all,and if you have color treated or super dry
hair you should AVOID this shampoo.The smell was nice,the packaging good,but the product did not perform well.Thumbs down.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2006 3:03:00 PM More reviews by blueskies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this shampoo because I avoid SLS, as they tend to make my scalp itchy. I have very fine hair, prone to damage and this shampoo promises to moisturize. I won't say it dries out my hair, but it doesn't exactly moisturize it either. Also, I really dislike the smell, so I won't buy again.