November 28, 2014 | 1079 users online

Lip Gloss - Aveda - Lip Shine - Ginger

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2007 11:14:00 AM More reviews by prenique

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't consider this product to be a lip gloss. The color is nice. The shine is ok. It's not a glamourous gloss. It does not last as a lip gloss nor color. Basically, it is just a fancy lip balm. So, it should be under the category of lip treatments. If it were an actual lip gloss, I'd love it. But this product is just carmex with a little color in it...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2006 12:14:00 PM More reviews by smstanley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really like this lipgloss. Because it is VERY moisturizing and gives that perfect dewy sheen to the lips where it looks like a thousand liitle water droplettes are shining from your lips. The color can be overwhelmingly orange if you apply to much, so i wouldn't recommend it for cool toned people, but if you use just a little bit it really warms up your face. And it has a nice minty flavor without the tingle and dryness that other glosses with mint give. It looks really great layered over my clinique lipstick in Bronze Leaf.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2005 10:16:00 AM More reviews by sierraclub

I have dark Asian skin and this color works wonders for me. It looks completely natural with the slightest bit of color. I would have never tried it because the color looked odd, but the Aveda lady suggested it bc/of my skin tone. She was totally right! It stays on without being too sticky and gives my lips an awesome, hydrating shine. It's a little pricey, but I will definitely repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2005 11:37:00 AM More reviews by nessaskye

I love the taste of this glaze. The color comes out a pretty sheer peachy color on my pink lips

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2004 12:39:00 AM More reviews by natchgirl

I love this product! The gloss is a pumpkin color in the tube. It applies in a thick, smooth, consistent layer and looks like a warm, sheer, deep peachy color with a hint of brown on my lips, which is great for warm complexions with yellow undertones. The gloss has a moisturizing, but not wet, texture to it. It is not sticky at all, which I like. It contains lots of natural ingredients including fruit extracts and nourishing oils like Olive and Jojoba, which keep my lips conditioned and soft for hours. I haven't had any flaking or dry lips while using this product.

The tube is a generous .5 fl. oz. size and its slant tip applicator is very easy to use. The gloss has a spicy cinnamon scent and a slightly tingly feel to it, which is a great pick-me-up. The scent and tingle don't linger on too long, though, and become distracting. The outside packaging was made from 100% post-consumer materials, so this is another impressively eco-conscious Aveda product. The cost was $13.50, which is not out of line with department store lip glosses, but this is a larger tube than a lot of department store products.

The only comment I have that brings this great product down one lippie is that although it lasts longer than most glosses, I wish it lasted longer. The color starts out shiny and the gloss a deep rich color, but as time goes on, after 2 or 3 hours or so, the color and gloss gradually fade away (but the moisturizing lingers on).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No