December 21, 2014 | 1681 users online

Lip Liners - L'Oreal - Crayon Grande lipcolor pencil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'd passed over these little lip crayons many times at the Dollar Tree, simply because I'm not really a lip-pencil (or lip-crayon) kind of girl. But curiosity finally got the best of me, so I picked up one of these in 'Port', just the kind of deep, berry-plum color I love. Well, I was just sooooo impressed I ran back the next day to pick up a few backups & a few other shades.

From what I'm reading here, these have been discontinued for a long time, 7-8 years, maybe even longer. But mine were just as fresh and creamy when I opened them as if they were made yesterday. The texture is a bit dry (as I would expect a lip crayon to be), so I always apply over balm. This also sheers-out the color a bit, and gives a lovely stained effect that lasts quite a long time (2-3 hours, sometimes longer). I wear these lip crayons like lipstick, coating my lips & then just smacking them together. If my lips get dry, I just add a little balm or gloss overtop & it refreshes the color.

The colors I have are 'Port', my first and favorite. It just gives me the deep berry-stained lips I wish I'd been blessed with. I also wear this color on my cheeks for a sexy (I think, at least!) flushed look. I also really like Sherry, a warm bronzy-pink with a golden sheen; Shell, a light nude-pink; and Crushed Petals, a MLBB neutral mauve-pink. I also got Crimson, which appears to be a bold, tomato red (a nice color, just not something I'll wear very often) and Violet (the only one I don't like, its an electric fuchsia).

So for only a buck, I've found a versatile, longwearing lip product in flattering colors. Highly recommended, for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by hebenn01

Bought this on a whim at the dollar store :) :) So glad I did! I have it in Crimson. It goes on super smooth...long lasting, helps make whatever you put on top of the pencil last a little longer. Also helps make those smackers look a lil bigger.
Definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have no idea when I got this product but I've had it for a longggg time, just rediscovered it in my makeup box and used it. I have it in "tender kisses" (pink). It is such a gorgeous color, goes on smoothly, and looks slightly shiny but not glossy, and definitely not matte. The result almost looks like a lipstain which tends to make my lips appear slightly bigger (love that!). I hate lipstick and usually never wear it because I have never found a color that looks good on me (except really pale pink ones, but with my light skin tone I tend to look sick/washed out with pale lips). This stuff isn't a lipstick and comes in such a pretty color that it works for me. I'm surprised that a pencil can glide on so smoothly.
I've had this pencil forever but hardly ever used it so I still have about 3" of it (hopefully the last 1/3 isn't just wood, but it probably is since that's how they make most pencils).
I also don't/can't use lipstick because I have excessively sensitive/dry lips which peel like crazy year round no matter how much I treat them, so lipstick tends to exaggerate that and the lines that I've acquired all over my lips (probably because of the peeling). I can only wear this stuff when my lips are in perfect condition (which is almost never). Still, I am working on that and can't wait till they're completely smooth so I can use this stuff. I bet it would look even better with a bit of gloss on top.

I would definitely purchase but I'm sure that it's been discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 1:53:00 AM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

French Roast (dark brown/berry), Ginger (corally/gold/peach), and Shell (mauvish).
GORJUZ. I picked these up at BigLots today for 80cents each! These crayons are soft, just glides on. Very pigmented and awfully pretty colors. I plan to use these jumbo pencils for double duty lips and as e/s bases. Great Buy! I'm going back tomorrow for the 2 colors I didn't snatch up today.
Get Thou To BigLots before these are gone.
Will update on staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2006 6:15:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

L'OREAL: BRING THIS BACK!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2005 9:43:00 AM More reviews by nata779

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this from a MUAer and was surprised how much I love it. It goes perfectly well with my lip color. And yes it's Be Mine, I unfortunately wasn't able to find it on any website, they probably got them in Canada or Europe only. The staying power is very good, it feels so nice and smooth on lips. If I am lucky enough to find it - I would stock up for years ahead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2005 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Nikki_L

I know I should have picked up two of these at National Wholesale Liquidators. I have this in port, a deep creamy berry. Wanted it years ago but could never find it. Looks great all over as a lipstick. If I use it up, I'll def. look for it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2005 12:18:00 AM More reviews by happyworldz

I have this in Shell (nude pink) and got it from my mom cuz the color is too pale for her. It's drying, just like all other lip pencil. I use it to fill in my whole lips and follow with a Lancome juicy wear top coat. I got so many compliments on how my lips look. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2004 6:34:00 PM More reviews by ChristianDiorific

I just used this in Sherry...it's great and so long lasting!! The color slides on smooth, with a natural finish. Not matte, not shiny and glossy - just right!

It lasted forever, with most of the color remaining after lunch and still a tint after the day was done.

Bottom line: Easy to control color, CHEAP as can be, long-lasting formula, Great Buy. (If you can find it... according to L'Oreal Paris's website, they don't make it anymore!!)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2004 1:39:00 PM More reviews by gabrielk

I've been lusting after this stuff forever, and I finally got it only after it's been discontinued. This cost me $1.05 at Eckerd...snap it up if you can! I have Cayenne, which is quite a vivid, warm shade of orange that's relatively long-lasting. I've recently discovered that with my yellow-based complexion I can wear some very bright, warm shades that look absolutely barbaric on most other people, and Cayenne is no exception. It's actually a tadge too bright to wear on its own, but I use it to warm up lipsticks that are too cool on me. I hate pencils, though. I would absolutely love this if only it came in a tube...sigh. I know you can pick some of these up packaged with another lipstick at Big Lots, so snap one up if you want a nice, fairly long-lasting lipcolor with the portable convenience of a pencil. If you can stand pencils, that is....