MAC Pro Pigment - Rose Gold

4.2

on 11/20/2013 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not sure if MAC has changed the formula or not, but I was certain that this pigment would work out for me but it did not. I thought I would really like this shade, but it comes off orange! It should be called Gold OrangeĀ. I returned this and I will not repurchase.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Rose Gold pigment is a bronzey, warm gold. it has an extremely metallic, high shine finish but with a much darker base colour that leans towards a dark brown. although this colour is metallic, it isn't a very reflective shine. a previous reviewer described this perfectly as a 'dull metallic'. it is a stunning colour with mind-blowing colour payoff.
now on to the texture and consistency; this is VERY finely milled, so much so, that even putting the stopper back on the pigment creates a puff of dust! and this is so messy. also make sure not to drop this, because the pigment will spill over the stopper and make a mess in the lid. i found it that way right after i even bought it. so needless to say, i always leave foundation for last when i use this pigment! this doesn't really bother me, but it's something to keep in mind before purchase.
because Rose Gold is a metallic with a dark base, i prefer to wear it in the crease. reason being because on the occasions where i have used this all over the lid, it's so metallic, that after a few hours of application, it really swallows up my gel liner and crease colours. and i find that just applying this all over for me, personally, is a case of having too much of a good thing. what i have started doing is applying colours like 'Ricepaper', and 'Naked' pigment all over the lid, up to the brow, then take a flat brush and pack Rose Gold on to the entire crease area and outer lid and then add my crease colours. this way other colours don't get swallowed up. i add some to the lower lid too. also the dark base of this colour really adds definition to the crease and creates so much dimension to the whole look whilst still integrating that amazing unique golden sheen that Rose Gold has into the whole look too.
now that i've shared my own experience with this, i just want to add that Rose Gold is such a beautiful pigment, that there is a way to use this on absolutely everyone and it's worth the money and the mess! it's literally like liquid in powder form! very unique.

on 3/25/2012 2:52:00 AM

This is the most gorgeous and amazing pigment--it looks like antiqued gold with a beautiful rosy pink tinge. I used it for my wedding look, which you can check out on inaila.

on 9/20/2011 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is an absolutely beautiful colour. The texture is fantastic and it goes on like cream with minimal fallout.

It does look like more of a bronze gold than a rose gold, until you put it next to Museum Bronze, at which point it's obvious that there is definately a 'roseyness' to it.

I love to use this all over my lid and apply the gold Barry M glitter over the top, it takes away the hints of bronze and rose and turns it into a gorgeous pure gold colour - Which is personally what I prefer!

It's one of those colours that will look different depending on what you pair it with; if you want it to look more rosey, pair it with a true bronze in the crease. It's all about playing with this one!

on 12/29/2010 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Such a gorgeous pigment! There isn't much rose in this pigment but it is really true to actual rose gold (as in the metal).
The colour payoff is beautiful, even when dry, and when you use it wet it is just like a liquid metal. It adheres to the skin well, so that the colour lasts a long time. You can use this for any number of things - eyeshadow, highlighting, on the lips, on the nails. Its not often I find a pigment that you can actually use effectively anywhere on the body.
Suitable for anyone - no matter what skin tone!

on 3/25/2010 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love the colour of this pigment. It really is such a gorgeous colour. I get compliments when I wear it, YAY!
There is no hint of 'rose' in this as the name suggests, so weird choice by MAC.
The only reason I deducted a lippie is that it is SO messy! Probably the messiest I own along with gold. Everytime I open the pot, loads spills out and it gets everywhere :( Such a nightmare to deal with! I'd reach for it much more if it wasn't so messy.

I would definitely buy it again as it really is an amazing colour :)

on 1/30/2010 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I just bought all 4 of the metal PRO pigments (and yes, they are authentic) and I would say this one is the most wearable of them all. It gives a beautiful *literal* rose gold sheen (seriously, if you have any rose gold jewelry, you'll see this color is exactly the same), you can pack on more or wear wet for a foiled look. But if you want to try for an everyday look, lightly dip your brush in some Fix+ and then into just a small amount of this pigment. It stays on great, no fall out. This works best on the lid or as eyeliner IMO.

on 10/10/2009 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Rose Gold pro is one AMAZING pigment! I have all of the "metal" pigments on this one just looks incredible on my brown eyes!

This one is poorly named .. there's actually not a smidge of "rose" in this pigment, on me, this is totally gold .. a very *metallic* gold that almost looks foiled on! The metal pigments are SO finely milled, that you need the tiniest amount on your brush for major impact and color payoff! The metal pigments almost apply like cream because they're so incredibly silky! This looks stunning paired with a rich burgundy or navy in the crease. HUGE raves for the metal pigments! continued >>

on 10/4/2009 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm glad I only bought a sample of this pigment. Like others have mentioned, the name is misleading. In the jar, the pigment appeared to be a bronze color but once applied it looked... well, gold. To give a reference I'm a NC25 and with my skintone, gold is not a good color. To top it off, it was difficult to blend to a more muted color. Oh well, it was only a sample. I will probably hand it off to my sister since she likes golds.

on 9/19/2009 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I put this pigment with dark soul pigment yesterday and it looked so pretty (I uploaded a picture) my husband loved my look :)