July 29, 2014 | 2051 users online

Bronzers - Cover Girl - Tanfastic Bronzer in "Soleil"

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Too bad this is d/c!! I love this shade, it's perfect & sparkly. The packaging sucked, it was too big & bulky. The brush it came with was worthless. But the bronzer itself was quite nice!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

I have had this in my drawer for so long, like 5 years. I'm pretty sure it's discontinued now, as this looks like Covergirl packaging that has long been replaced by new stuff. Anyways, it's a nice bronzer. It gives a pretty glow for the price. It's a little too dark for me but I'm really pale. I sometimes use it on my darker skinned friends when doing their makeup and it looks pretty. I don't love it and I won't repurchase when I run out but it's still a good bronzer.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Ashleyx56

GLITTER! I hate this bronzer. I have tried every drugstore bronzer and normally stuck to this one becuase of the price and it wasn't very dark so that's two plusses but oh man the glitter/shimmer that is in this is awful. I finally gave in and bought the way expensive NARS Laguna and will never go back. Save up for a nice bronzer, drugstores are all glitter.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 12:12:00 PM More reviews by lizzified

I was initially concerned that this bronzer was too orange to suit my skin tone but it works wonderfully to give my face a healthy glow! I use it all over my face and especially under my cheekbones. It is slightly shimmery but this is not very noticeable - so don't worry! The brush that comes with it is alright; not of excellent quality. However, this bronzer blends so well that probably any brush will do in terms of blending. Grabbed this from the clearance bin and highly reccommend it to those looking for an inexpensive easy-wear bronzer :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this bronzer, and now thanks to dumb CG discontinuing it, I have to buy it on eBay! The Cheekers bronzer in "golden tan" is the same exact product (shade and ingredients are identical I compared them), but the cheekers is too small, and it's inconvenient. This nice larger pan, is easier to sweep my fluffy brush across and get enough product so I can apply it quickly and easily. It's golden enough to enhance my tan skin, but not too dark like most bronzers, making it a good option for lighter skintones. The subtle sheen (not sparkle) this provides makes skin look radiant and healthy. Also, one of the very few that does not break me out. Love it! Wish CG would bring it back!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2009 6:37:00 AM More reviews by lissb

I bought this last year when I was on school camp in Tasmania. My friend and I bought the same colour, 'Soleil'.

Personally, I really like this bronzer on me, but I find I have to blend it well because it can look a little orangey if I accidentally apply too much.
I have warm undertones to my skin and it compliments my skin well. I think its a really good bronzer to use for contouring and I like the face that it catches the light. Unfortunatley, the shimmer settles into my pores a little too much

I really hate the smell of all Covergirl products, but especially this one! I just hate it, I can't even really explain the smell.

The compact is pretty good to use on the go because it's no mess and has a mirror.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by PinkEyelashes

I bought this stuff as a quick fix because I ran out of my beloved Body Shop Bronzing Beads, and thought this might give a similar look. WRONG. Bronzing beads do have a little bit of shimmer to them, but the shimmer from this bronzer is WAY over the top.. it also seems to have some sort of multi-coloured glitter to it or something. Blech.

However, I will say that I was wearing it one day when my friend came over and she immediately commented on it. So, I gave it to her a couple weeks later. She really likes it, but I found it to leave me a funny shade of orange-ish, way too shimmery, and it was really hard to blend! Won't repurchase. I gave it a 2 because a) i actually liked the packaging, and b) my friend liked it... so i guess some people have positive results... just not me :(

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2009 8:18:00 AM More reviews by pinkiipromise

Not only the packaging is very ugly but the bronzer is very orange & fake.
Oh.. & it break out on me badly after a few hours. I hardly get breakouts & i don't have sensitive skin either.
I regret buying this & I'm never going to buy CG products ever again..

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2008 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Lanne90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This bronzer looks OK if you apply it sparingly, but if you add a reasonable amount (for any other bronzer) you will look orange. The packaging is ok. Personally I don't like the shimmer, as it's obvious that you are wearing make up and I don't like that. I will, however dust my collar bone/shoulders with this stuff and it does look nice. Overall, I am sticking with my HG physician's formula baked matte pyramid bronzer.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Adrianag12

Smells bad, fake orange color, and too shimmery. The only good use I have found from this is to crumble it up and put it in body lotion for a bronze shimmer lotion.