April 20, 2014 | 1962 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Advantage Acne Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by LegitElizabeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I was younger, I had some noticeable acne. It wasn't enough to make me go on Accutane, but I had enough that it made me feel insecure. Like any teen in my shoes, I tried lots of acne cleansers, but I found that nothing really worked all that well.
One day, I was at the grocery store in the HABBA (Heath & Beauty) section, when I saw this cleanser. I was reluctant at first, but I decided to give it a shot.
I'm so glad I did! After some time, I noticed that my acne began to clear up. In addition, I never noticed any weird smell to it (but if there is one, it's probably just the acne medication). Whenever I used it, I always felt as though my face was really clean after rinsing my face. This product was my holy grail!
Today, I would not repurchase this product again; not because I dislike it, but that's only because I love my MAC Lightful cleanser more, and I no longer have a major problem with acne anymore. But if you are someone who has acne and have not yet tried this, I think you need to give it a shot! I owe this cleanser a lot for clearing up my skin, and for boosting my confidence gave up!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by musiqkat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was very surprised with the reviews this has gotten. This product has noticeably reduced the amount of acne I had and leaves my skin feeling clean. The smell is kind of strong but I'm not very sensitive to smells so it doesn't bother me. The smell also doesn't stay very long especially if you are putting other things on your face. I would suggest trying the moisturizer from the same line with this facial wash. It has worked with me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 2:01:00 AM More reviews by rosieex3

I am actually really surprised at the negative reviews. If I were to look at the makeupalley reviews before purchasing this face wash (like I usually do), I would not have purchased it - since I only try to purchase products higher then 3.5 stars at least. My skin is sensitive, and if i run my fingers over my skin, I used to be able to feel little bumps. Barely visible, but if you look really closely, they were there. Skin colored, and not really a problem - but an annoyance. I normally try to use a more natural and gentle face wash like Burt's Bees, etc. I discovered this face wash because I was at my friend's house and I spent the night. I forgot to bring my face wash with me, and this was all that she had. I was actually scared to use it because I have sensitive skin and redness, and I figured that all this cleanser would do was irritate my skin. Considering I don't have actual acne. I was so wrong. While cleansing my face, I was pleasantly surprised that it did not foam up much. Cleansers that foam up too much dry out my skin. After I rinsed it off, my face just looked very bright and "glowy". It took off my mascara as well which is a must. I figured I'd purchase this since it is such a reasonable price, and now it is a complete HG product for me. The little tiny bumps on my face are 100% gone, and my skin is always very smooth and bright looking from this cleanser. Maybe its just the salicylic acid? I'm not too sure, but regardless this cleanser has worked wonders on my skin. It also doesn't flare up my redness, it actually disperses it if anything. I use this cleanser once a day even though I don't have acne, and it keeps my skin SO clear. I havent even gotten the occasional pimple since I started using it. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by mascara_junkie

I generally use a gentle cleanser on my face, but when my face starts getting oily and I breakout (monthly, ughh), I use this. It pretty much cleans all the oil off my face, and clears my skin up quick.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by kotabear420

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This sucks. Really bad. I hated it. It didn't clean my skin and it doesn't take off make up at all. It doesn't even make suds when putting it on. They should put the foaming wash in the 3 step package instead because I love that stuff. But i absolutely hated this.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by BellaMiia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is horrible! I've used it w/ my clairsonic thinking this would actually be good for my skin and it would help my face clear out but after 5 days of usage(I only used it once daily) it absolutely damaged my skin leaving it dry and sore especially on my forehead and jaw line. I had to go through a week of natural masks and applying moisturizer every few hours to somehow restore my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2011 4:10:00 AM More reviews by BlueMyMind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't say I'm a fan of this cleanser. When I first used it I thought I was gonna love it. But then I started to notice that after washing my face with this one I didn't have a feeling that my face was thoroughly clean. And I found the smell being too strong too. I just don't think that it is good for my skin and removes all the dirt. And it didn't do anything for improving my skin condition either.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by iloveMnMs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this when I couldn't find my normal Clean&Clear cleanser. It's nothing special. I thought it was a bit runny. The scent is way too strong, and I personally don't find it very pleasant. US $5.97 for 5 oz in WalMart.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by jacquiesaur

i bought this and this was terrible. i just wanted a subsitute for my facewash, hoping that this seemed that it would do the job. terrible, i have never broke out this much in years. i am now completely depressed and desperate to find new regimens to make this acne go away.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by lapor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm reviewing for new advantage 3-in-1 foaming cleanser.

Actually, I've been using old advantage cleanser for more than 5 years
since I found this product for the first time i've never used anything else.
However, clean and clear discontinued making the old ones and came out with this new fomula.

It isn't expensive but not cheap either. But for the same price, they increased from 147ml to 200ml?(I dont have the bottle with me so i dont really remember)

Packaging has changed from tube to transparent bottle with pump
as long as what's inside is good, i think the packaging doesn't bother me at all.

The consistency of the cleanser has changed too.
before it was white non transparent gel and now is transparent liquid
I must say i prefer the previous one. Meantime, I can see why they had to make pumped bottle for the new one because it is very liquidy..

Also, they changed the frgrance too.
I so much prefer the previous one compared to this new one
I feel like im washing my face with shampoo
and the smell is quite strong..as it lingers after a while i wash my face

It is much more drying than the previous one
but i dont really care because i always use moisturiser after washing
and i only use it at night

What i like about the new fomula is that
it lathers much better than the previous one
when i make it to lather it is more dense that the old one

will i buy again?
yes. until i find decent 2% salicylic acid cleanser..I dont know why it isn't very easy to find good drug store cleanser...