Paula's Choice Beautiful Body Butter

Not tested on animals

Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (plant-based emollients), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (non-volatile plant oil), Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate SE (emollient thickeners), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Butter (plant-based emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (thickener), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Cetyl Alcohol (thickener), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil (non-volatile plant oils), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Glycerin, Panthenol, (water-binding agents), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (anti-irritant), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butylene Glycol (water-binding agents), Potassium Sorbate, 1, 2 Hexanediol (preservatives), Tritethanolamine (stabilizer/pH adjuster), Disodium EDTA (stabilizer), Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol (preservatives).

on 8/27/2013 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I LOVE this butter. It is so rich and soothing... and smells like chocolate to boot. Interestingly, it does not at all feel greasy on the skin- it acutally has a dry feel to it. It kind of eliminates shine and oiliness. Thus, I have been using this as my moisturizer/makeup primer in the morning and LOVE it for that purpose! After my BHA, I apply this all over my face- and it moisturizers while at the same time elmininating shine and seeming to fill in my pores. When I apply my tinted sunblock over this, my skin looks almost flawless. This has some very unique properties to it... a super rich cream that feels dry and eliminates shine. I am half way through a tube and plan on getting a backup ASAP. I think I have found my HG morning moisturizer/makeup primer in one!

on 5/13/2013 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got a sample of this with one of my order. I really like it. I love the smell a lot, it smells like natural cocoa to me, however I understand why some people don't like it. It's really a hit or miss, you love it or you hate it. Fortunately, I love it :-) It's really hydrating, sink really fast and last all day. My skin is really soft after using it, and stay soft all day. I'll probably purchase when it'll be on sale.

on 1/28/2013 5:47:00 PM

Love, Love, Love it! I've been using this on my hands and feet every night before I sleep, and it works like a charm. My hands have been drier this winter than I ever remember, and I battle cracked heels all year around. After just a couple uses, it had me in great shape, and my hands and feet continue to be as smooth as butta! I have sensitivities to many items in skin care products, and have a terrible sensitivity to fragrance. It's hard to find fragrance-free products, and often they just aren't effective. This is not fragrance-free, but smells of the natural ingredients, as they do not use "masking" fragrance or chemicals. I find the fragrance to be quite pleasant and it doesn't irritate me. And the formula so soothing. Yippee!

on 9/2/2010 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Amazing stuff! I've been mostly using this body butter on my feet, and it feels amazingly moisturizing. It can be used anywhere on the body. I love the faint chocolatey scent that comes from the natural cocoa butter in the formulation. No fragrance added, artificial or natural. I seem to be disappointed with so many of Paula's products, but this one is aces. I've only been using it after it has been repackaged in a tube form, which seems way more convenient than the previous jar. I can't wait to test this on my hands during the colder winter months when my skin usually looks like that of a raisin… :)

Ingredients: Aqua, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (plant-based emollients), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (non-volatile plant oil), Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate SE (emollient thickeners), Buxus Chinensis (Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Butter) (plant-based emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (thickener), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Cetyl Alcohol (thickener), Triethanolamine (stabilizer/pH adjuster), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil (non-volatile plant oils), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Glycerin, Panthenol, (water-binding agents), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (anti-irritant), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butylene Glycol (water-binding agents), Potassium Sorbate, 1, 2 Hexanediol (preservatives), Disodium EDTA (stabilizer), Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol (preservatives).

on 6/27/2010 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hmm, as I read other reviewers' comments, I see that Paula has repackaged this product in a tube now. This originally came in a jar and it is indeed very thick. I have to scrape it out with a spatula, which I prefer doing with anything in a jar anyway. I'm glad to see it's in a tube now, but have to wonder if it's still as thick as the original formulation, how hard it's going to be to squeeze it out. Anyway, I hope it's still the same formula because I love the stuff. As thick as it is, I can't imagine using it all over the body, but for dry, cracked heels, knees, or elbows, this is a miracle product. If you have a problem with application, as others have suggested, just warm it up in your hands first.

on 6/3/2010 1:21:00 PM

I love this product for my feet and hands--mostly before bed, as it is an emollient cream (thick). I *love* the subtle chocolatey smell that comes from the cocoa butter. Unlike everyone else in the world, I prefer the old packaging (= jar) as I find it hard to squeeze it out of the tube. The lack of added scent makes it great for my son, who has severe eczema on his feet.

on 5/10/2010 5:06:00 AM

I bought this for my two babies who have eczema and for about a week I used it for their whole bodies after their bath. It has a light cocoa smell which isn't unpleasant at all. The butter needs to be warmed up in my hands for a couple seconds or I have a hard time applying it. Since it's very thick I found that I used up about half a tube in one week!! I It has a thick waxy feeling which lasts quite a while and I don't want my poor babies to be coated with it in the hot summer months. Combining all of the above plus the fact that I don't want to be buying two tubes of butter a month, I've bought the slip into silk body lotion which I find works better for the whole body (and lasts much longer!). I now only use the butter for my babies' wrists and ankles and any other places that are cracked and bleeding and it works wonders! I think that this is great for dry areas (hands and feet!) but not as a body butter unless you have very, very dry skin!

on 12/29/2009 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I tried a sample of this in my last order from Paula's Choice. I have mixed feelings about this product. My hands get really dry in the winter, and so I'm looking for a lotion I can use at that time. This is a great lotion for dry skin. It is very moisturizing. This product also now comes in a squeeze tube, which would be easier to carry around than the jar packaging. I can definitely smell the cocoa butter, which unfortunately smells musty on me. Additionally, my hands felt really tacky after I used it. It takes longer to soak in than I would like. Maybe my hands weren't dry enough!

on 10/7/2008 8:59:00 PM

This truly is for dry to extra dry skin. I absolutely love it for my feet and hands, I expect that the dry skin I get in the winter will love it too. The scent took a bit of getting used to, but it really does dissipate quickly so not a real problem.

As much as I can't stand Paula Begoun anymore, and as much as it pains me to admit this, this is one of the VERY few Paula's Choice products I like. It actually absorbs! Yet at the same time, it's still very moisturizing. The problem I have with body butters and other deep body moisturizers (particularly on my feet) is that they either don't absorb and just sit on my skin, or they work well for me at first but then they worsen my itching to where I have to reapply them more often. But this particular body butter doesn't do either of these things to me! I put it on, put on some socks, and within 30 minutes it will absorb and make my feet silky soft! I usually won't need to reapply for at least 7 hours. Yeah, the smell is a bit off-putting but when it works this well I can deal with it!