MAC Matte - Chili

4.6

on 3/4/2015 8:22:00 AM

ABSOLUTELY IN LOOOVE
I was looking for a good orangey lipstick but nothing seemed to work for me. I'd already tried tons and this one caught my eye just as I was about to leave with disappointment.
I tried it on and had to get it right away! It is just sooo pretty, doesn't dry my lips out, and I get asked so many times what lipstick I'm wearing because it's such a unique shade. I haven't seen anything like it. It's like mac's russian red but more orange.
I am in love with this and will repurchase again and again.

on 1/6/2015 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

Note: I am NC40 through NC44.
This is the perfect casual red.
If you are looking for a red that you can just throw on your face with concealer, powder, and mascara, this is it. Whenever I wear a casual chic outfit, I use this lipstick, since it adds some spice to the mix ;)
The formula is long wearing and matte, so make sure to apply lip balm and let the lip balm sink in for about 5-10 minutes; this allows the moisture to sink into the lips so that it does not mix with the lipstick, making it appear shiny/sheer.

on 12/3/2014 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Gorgeous warm browned red. Perfectly named, looks just like red chili powder. It's a matte formula, so it's pretty drying, but the color is worth it and it's nothing a bit of lip balm can't fix. Goes really well with both Chicory and Auburn liners, depending on the depth you want. My cool toned skin tends to turn most reds to pink. Not an issue with Chili!

on 9/9/2014 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hello, red lipstick I can wear. I've tried a lot of reds over the years and have always felt very uncomfortable wearing all but this colour. I need an oranged toned red but most look too neon on me (including, sadly, Lady Danger and Dangerous). Lady Bug was too ... I don't know... old looking and slippery. This is a brick red but still has brightness somehow. I love the matte texture, it's a very chic sophisticated look. The colour brightens up my NC20/25 face (very dark hair and eyes).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm fair wheatish skin toned Indian. I have tried various reds in the quest for finding my perfect red for all occasions and all day or night wear. I splurged on estee lauder and guerlain and lancome and revlon.. but it's at MAC I found my perfect red. MAC CHILLI. on me it looks understated, almost natural. And its not drying. It makes my face look brighter and teeth whiter than they are. What a gorgeous shade. And it looks good in the handbag as The Shade.

on 5/2/2014 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Love!! I have spent a small fortune trying to find the perfect red/brown lipstick and failed until I found this. My favorite red!! A wonderful matte, yet not drying!!

While i adore mac's matte lipsticks, chilli probably would be the matte lipstick i'll reach for last. It is a toned down version of lady danger and has a bit more brown in it. When i wear this color, it makes me look more mature.
Other than that, the formula, texture and longevity as like all MAC's matte lipsticks is completely fine.
Chili would however be more wearable due to the brown hue it contains and i'm sure it would look great on others although for me, ( i'm an NC20), it just doesn't look as flattering as I had imagined it would have hence the 2 stars I give.

on 12/10/2013 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is my 'true red'. On me it doesn't look overtly orange or brown toned like I've seen it described. I'm an NC-15/occasional NC-10 on the MAC skintone spectrum with a visible yellow undertone in my skin. Blue-toned reds are disgusting on me and make me look like a four-year-old who got into her mother's makeup bag. I find that Chili is the perfect red because it has a yellow undertone and not a blue one. It's a little more sophisticated than a straight-up cherry red color, and it has a sort of retro look. I wear a lot of pinup-style makeup and it's well suited to that.

As with all matte lipsticks, it isn't moisturizing, but that's not an issue for me because I prefer the matte look. I don't find this to be noticeably drying.

on 11/3/2013 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This looks stunning on me. I have over 100 lippies and my mom, who is used to me having a different color on everyday, said it looks awesome.. Idk why or how but this lippie also makes my teeth look white.

NC 15/NW20

on 10/24/2013 6:54:00 AM

The pictures portrayed here are very accurate. I bought this thinking it would be more chili red. it is only on the borderline of red in my opinion, more of a warm brown with a toe in a red pool :) It is very flattering looks great with natural and earthy tones, all rusts, olives, camels, etc. Very flattering and day appropriate! Also, the matte look is so chic in my opinion.

Mac's matte formula is my favorite on the market, not as super dry as Illamasqua or Nars, very nice look, but you will need moisturizing before and after if like my lips yours are easily chapped.

Popular Lipsticks