MAC Matte - Chili

4.6

on 8/24/2015 8:01:00 PM

I LOVE Chili, and not just the peppers or the soup! LOL. Seriously, though, this is a great brick red lipstick that I think anyone could wear. It's the perfect shade for fall and for those who don't want an over the top bold red lip. I'm fair, blonde, blue eyes and I would imagine this looks great on warmer and darker skin tones, as well. I was wearing Chili the day I met my husband, so it also holds some sentimental value. I think he still remembers the brick red lips. I can't wait until fall to put Chili back into rotation. This would be a definite repurchase for me. I consider it a must have for just about everyone.

on 8/18/2015 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it!! This is one shade of lipstick that suits a wide range or skin colors, I have seen my friends wearing it and it looks great on each and every one!! I discovered this in my friend's make up bag and was surprised that I had never paid attention to it at the MAC store. It looks a reddish brown lipstick, when worn it's just a beautiful shade of red that is not 'too in the face red'. It's a shade of red that can be worn daily!! I love it and recommend it to everyone!

on 7/16/2015 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I picked this up today on a total whim and I gotta say, LOVE it!

This is a very unique burnt orange-ish red shade - think Autumn leaves... I have lots of reds, and I have lots of oranges, but I have nothing like this one. I think it's the neutral toned brown base that makes this shade so stunning - it really is formulated to be lovely on a variety of skin tones.

This looks kind of matte but not too matte - and it glides on super smooth as to be expected from a Mac lippie. It's very opaque and one swipe will do ya, which is great. The only "con" I can find (and it's not a huge issue) is that this is one of those shades that really does call for a liner to make it look more even. Unfortunately though Mac doesn't make a same shade liner for this one (and I feel a differing or suggested liner match will change the effect). Also I don't like Mac lip liners so um, well, there's also that. Basically I find I need to line using this lipstick and a lip brush which means takes time = this isn't really a quick "apply and go" type lippie. BUT this may just be my own issue or quirk because I haven't seen anyone else mention this in reviews.

I love when I can find shades that cross over into different seasons such as this so that I get my money's worth! This is as beautiful for summer as it is in the fall, and it will look great whether I am pale or tan... I am giving this 5 stars because it's stunning and unique, an incredibly universal bright, and because I have nothing in my collection that comes close in shade.

on 5/21/2015 8:02:00 AM

I finally found my holy grail summer red lipstick!
It's a warm red with a lot of orange in it.
I pretty much wear it everyday.
It's like a darker redder version of Lady danger.
It looks amazing on my nc/nw 30 (i have neutral undertone), but it also looks amazing on my nc/nw 20 during winter time.
It is longwearing, comfortable on lips, i like to pare it with a matte eye using warm shadows and some liner to make the eyes pop. Mascara, a lot of bronzer, chili and you are done! You can also skip the liner and just rock bold lashes and you will look stunning.
I feel like it's so underrated.
5 lippies, it is everything i was looking for

on 3/19/2015 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have been on the hunt for THE every day reddish lipstick that's not in-your-face red. This fits the bill perfectly. Chili is a muted, very warm red-brown, with a burnished orange tint. I'm half-Asian, so my skin is on the warmer side of olive, and it suits me perfectly. Couldn't be happier :)

on 3/4/2015 8:22:00 AM

ABSOLUTELY IN LOOOVE
I was looking for a good orangey lipstick but nothing seemed to work for me. I'd already tried tons and this one caught my eye just as I was about to leave with disappointment.
I tried it on and had to get it right away! It is just sooo pretty, doesn't dry my lips out, and I get asked so many times what lipstick I'm wearing because it's such a unique shade. I haven't seen anything like it. It's like mac's russian red but more orange.
I am in love with this and will repurchase again and again.

on 1/6/2015 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

Note: I am NC40 through NC44.
This is the perfect casual red.
If you are looking for a red that you can just throw on your face with concealer, powder, and mascara, this is it. Whenever I wear a casual chic outfit, I use this lipstick, since it adds some spice to the mix ;)
The formula is long wearing and matte, so make sure to apply lip balm and let the lip balm sink in for about 5-10 minutes; this allows the moisture to sink into the lips so that it does not mix with the lipstick, making it appear shiny/sheer.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Gorgeous warm browned red. Perfectly named, looks just like red chili powder. It's a matte formula, so it's pretty drying, but the color is worth it and it's nothing a bit of lip balm can't fix. Goes really well with both Chicory and Auburn liners, depending on the depth you want. My cool toned skin tends to turn most reds to pink. Not an issue with Chili!

on 9/9/2014 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hello, red lipstick I can wear. I've tried a lot of reds over the years and have always felt very uncomfortable wearing all but this colour. I need an oranged toned red but most look too neon on me (including, sadly, Lady Danger and Dangerous). Lady Bug was too ... I don't know... old looking and slippery. This is a brick red but still has brightness somehow. I love the matte texture, it's a very chic sophisticated look. The colour brightens up my NC20/25 face (very dark hair and eyes).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm fair wheatish skin toned Indian. I have tried various reds in the quest for finding my perfect red for all occasions and all day or night wear. I splurged on estee lauder and guerlain and lancome and revlon.. but it's at MAC I found my perfect red. MAC CHILLI. on me it looks understated, almost natural. And its not drying. It makes my face look brighter and teeth whiter than they are. What a gorgeous shade. And it looks good in the handbag as The Shade.

Recommended for Medium Skin