December 21, 2014 | 964 users online

Eye Shadow - Milani - Taupe-eary

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2006 10:09:00 PM More reviews by jailtimediverted

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

nice matte medium brown e/s (i use it in the crease). great pigmentation, texture and wearability! pretty on my cool PPP skintone, brown hair and eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2006 10:52:00 AM More reviews by goodee2shoes

Taup-e-ary is a very versatile neutral. Beyond your lids, consider trying it as a brow powder or contour shade for disguising that 2nd chin or chiseling cheek bones. At a price of under $4, this is an EXCELLENT deal! Similar in color to MaryKay's Taupe e/s but creamier and more buildable. 36 shades to play with! (See my review of Milani shadows overall in the general category)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2006 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Auryane

NOTE: TAUP-E-ARY has been discontined by Milani! (though you might still find a few in your local stores until it runs out). I should have read the reviews more carefully before asking for so many CP's. In any case, I now have 5 of this color...and that's a bit over the top. Taup-e-ary is a medium brown/plum color that's completely matte. It glides on well, and works as a crease color to tone down the shimmery neutrals that I normally prefer. My favorite use for this, however, is as an eyebrow filler. I have medium-thick (well, for an asian) eyebrows that could use just a bit of a boost...most browns and blacks look too fierce on me. With taup-e-ary, I look like I have perfectly natural, full eyebrows--just the way I like them. If you have dark brown or black brows that need to be filled in (not DRAWN in), this is definitely worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2006 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Auryane

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2006 6:08:00 PM More reviews by goddessintraining

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a cool toned ppp with blue/green eyes. While this colour is just so so on me as a natural looking crease colour (it emphasizes the green & I prefer to bring out the blue), it makes a GREAT contour powder for my cheek bones, nose shading, under the jaw etc...would repurchase for that alone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2006 9:19:00 PM More reviews by glitterpanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with all the reviews here. this is GORGEOUS, a PERFECT TAUPE. this simple matte taupe is just as va-va-voom on me as my metallic taupes like Shu ME 945 silver, or the shimmery taupes from Stila, possibly even more so because it looks more natural, as in, occuring in nature. the effect is like you see on gorgeous movie stars like Angelina Jolie who wear smokey eyes so subtle that it looks like their eyes are "naturally" smokey and shadowy, instead of made-up and glitzy. it's just so flattering. the pigmentation and texture is amazing. it's almost creamy! no creasing, super silky texture, 1000 times better than mac's satin/matte formulas. and for only $2.99!!! if only all make-up were this good for this cheap. sigh

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2006 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Dawn929

This is such a beautiful neutral color. It's brown/plum shade is so flattering and the product just glides on. It also has wonderful staying power. I can see this color becoming a staple. I would definitely purchase this again. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2006 11:21:00 AM More reviews by kimmah

This is the best neutral shadow I've ever owned, and I've had a ton of drugstore basic colors in my effort to find the perfect taupe. This one is it. A beautiful shade that is gorgeous on the lid, in the crease or v and also used to smudge with eyeliner. You can play with the amount you apply and have just a wash of color or a gorgeous deep color.

Love this one--it's my #1 favorite of all the Milani shadows that I own (11 at last count).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2005 10:40:00 PM More reviews by sabet

At first I was using this all over my lid and I didn't care for this particular color, because I have deep set eyes and pretty dark circles and it made me look sicker.
But then I tried it as a crease color. This is officially my favorite outer v and crease color for a subtle neutral natural day look. Works great with lighter neutral to cool toned washes. Probably won't work with something really warm, but I haven't tried that.
I particularly love to use it with Stila Fog on the lid. Funny, I didn't care for that one too much either until I discovered the combination.
I would describe this as a matte medium taupe brown with a hint of pinky plum tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2005 11:00:00 AM More reviews by vshy

awesome texture and blendability! looks great paired with Mac's Moth Brown(LE) in the outer v for a subtle smokey look. love this colour!