October 21, 2014 | 1247 users online

Shampoo - Phyto - Phytojoba Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 7:24:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Disappointing. I heard great things about this shampoo, I thought it would be very moisturizing but it wasn't. I did like the yummy scent and it also cleansed and lathered well. But it's just way too expensive for what it is. There are many drugstore shampoos I would purchase again over this one. And if you're looking for a HE moisturizing shampoo that's actually worth the price, I recommend Philip Kingsley Moisture Extreme.
I never seem to have luck with Phyto products- they never do anything to help or improve my hair. Will not buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by nikki342

So i have been using this product for 2wks now after my colorist recommended it to me after getting partial highlights. I have very fine, wavy hair type. Let me start out by saying this shampoo is an EXPERIENCE. it is unlike any shampoo that i have ever used in that there is a very specific technique you need to do to use it. as the directions state, you NEED to shampoo TWICE. at first when i used this product, i was not able to get a lather and found it disappointing.

but since, this is the technique i have found effective:
Use a quarter size amount apply gently to the roots of hair. work into the ends. rinse. then apply same amount to roots and add a bit to the lengths. you really need to work it in gently for it to work and you must use it twice or your natural oils will not let it lather!

The pros of this shampoo are that it is gentle, but not clarifying if thats what you're looking for. So its great to use everyday or if you shampoo every other day.It has a nice botanical smell to it. And its different, i enjoyed the experience.

However i give it a 2 due to the cons which are : it is not hydrating or moisturizing at all which is the main claim of the product. since its use, i have found my hair to be EXTREMELY hard to manage and detangle. i started blaming the highlight process, my hairbrush, my conditioner. all to discover thatwhen i switched back to my regular suave/loreal shampoos, i no longer had the problem. the packaging is annoying...it could use a regular dispensing top instead only has a cap which is problematic because the product is so liquefied. Also it doesnt work up to a rich creamy lather...which is what i think i need for my dry, tangly hair. while i got it to lather, it only works up to a moussy light lather.

Hope this helps those of you who are debating on getting this product and those that are learning how to use it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by jessicarabbit87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I feel compelled to write this review after seeing all the shocking bad reviews of it.

Confession time first: I'm a rabid Phyto user -- since my first date with Phytoapaissant, I was hooked. Phytojoba is now my "go to" shampoo. I alternate different shampoos everyday:

1) Phytojoba - 3 times a week
2) Phytoapaisant - 2 times a week
3) Phytorhum - 1 time a week
4) Redken cleansing cream - 1 time a week (usually after a heavy hairspray weekend)

Phytojoba is seriously nourishing and rich, which is rare in a 'no-cones' formula. I love how it looks and smells like coconut oil (it is rich in coconut oil anyway), and how creamy it is. I pair it with the Phyto repair conditioner and then Phyto 7, but even before conditioner, my hair is clean, shiny, soft and incredibly easy to manage.

Phytojoba saved my damaged, chemical-happy, breaking, splitting, dry, brittle, matte tangled mess of a mane (I seriously have every problem in the book) and turned it shiny, heavy, and soft. I would definitely re-purchase, even with its hefty price (about USD 35) in Singapore!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Laski

Nice, softly scented shampoo - I liked the way it produced a nice lather and the caramel-like scent. I find the texture to be more liquid than other shampoos, but I didnīt mind, except I had the feeling like I use more product than I usually would. All in all - not mindblowing, but I like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by N0ELxBOMBSHELL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm the type of person who is willing to pay more for something that really works, and this is one of them. I'm not going to complain about the watery texture because I know its a factor in why this shampoo preforms so well. (I just block half the opening with one finger and drizzle it on my scalp.)
And although this shampoo is more expensive, I don't need to use conditioner with it at all, I just use the Phyto 7 leave in cream. So these two products take over for the results I needed five to achieve. (Shampoo, conditioner, leave in conditioner, shine spray, silicone serum, deep conditioner and anti-residue treatment.)
By the time I had used this product just twice some of my co workers were wondering if I got a hair cut, or color or something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2012 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Passerine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this about three weeks ago and am very satisfied. I wash my hair every other day. I bought this product because the regular shampoos (Klorane, Guhl) I had been using were drying my hair out even though they were meant for dry hair. This shampoo doesn't have harsh detergents in it. For conditioner, I use the L'Erbolario conditioner for dry hair (excellent but not included in MakeupAlley's product list) and a little dab of the leave-in conditioner from Renee Fuerterer (sp?).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 7:44:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I had a deluxe sample size of this and I certainly wouldn't pay full price for it. It was a really runny shampoo, I tipped the bottle to pour it into my hand and most of it sloshed out and went down the drain. It lathered really well but didn't make my hair feel clean. It made my roots feel thick but not in a volumized way. My roots felt dirty all day, and the rest of my hair felt brittle. I always rinse products out really well as my hair is very fine and thinning, and any residue makes my hair weighed down. Not a big fan of the fragrance either. Overall I wouldn't waste money on this when there are far better products that actually do what they're supposed to do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I really like this shampoo, but think it would be best for thicker, coarser hair than mine (which is on the fine/thin side and is easily weighed down). It smells really good, lathers well, and my hair is shinier than usual, and I have pretty healthy hair to begin with. However, I just can't justify shelling out for hair care, especially when I don't have any major problems with my hair, and the abundance of affordable "natural" brands, like Burt's Bees and Avalon Organics. So while I like this shampoo, it's fun to sample but I wouldn't buy it as my hair technically doesn't *need* the extra moisture.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 3:02:00 AM More reviews by rallu

I am reviewing a sample I got from Sephora. It didn't do anything good for my hair to make me buy it. It is very runny, makes my roots feel gluey and I don't like the smell either.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice shampoo, but not for my hair type.
I bought this in a Phytopetites sample pack, which also comes with the Phytojoba conditioning mask and Phyto 7 conditioning cream. While the conditioner and product are usable, this is WAY too heavy for my thin, curly hair. I used it a total of three times and then had to hand off the bottle to my mom, who has thick, coarse, straight hair.
This left my hair feeling great but looking so-so. It created lots of shine and moisture, but my curls were super-weighed-down and undefined. I also wash my hair every other day, and by the second day my scalp felt icky and my hair definitely felt more unwashed than usual.
I really wanted to love this, but I don't recommend it for curly or thin hair. And definitely don't use this for oily hair. This would probably work wonderfully if you have thick hair or really want to smooth your hair down, however.