Lancome Le Rouge Absolu - Creme de Marron

4.4

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate 4.0%. Other Ingredients: bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, polybutene, octydodecyl neopentanoate, microcrystalline wax, isostearyl isostearate, triisostearin, polyethylene, peg-45/dodecyl glycol copolymer, arachidyl propionate, disteardimonium hectorite, linalool, geraniol, silica, cholesterol, tocopheryl acetate, disodium stearoyl glutamate, hydrogenated lecithin, hydroxycitronellal, citral, citronellol, benzyl alcohol, methyl-2-octynoate, hexyl cinnamal, bht, fragrance. May contain: red 22 lake, red 28 lake, red 7, mica, titanium dioxide, blue 1 lake, yellow 5 lake, yellow 6 lake, carmine, iron oxides.

on 3/12/2011 2:57:00 PM

This is a reddish brown color, slight brown , but does not work on my lips too well, I find it a bit too dark, moisturizing yes. I have this up on my SWAP list if anyone is interested. I think it works better on less pigmented lips

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Don't let this color fool you by just looking at it. It sure did fool me, because I thought I would never wear this color but I tried it on anyway and LOVE IT! It is more of a brick color with not a lot of red orange but it gives a more finished look with more of a brown undertone. It is very moisturizing with moderate lasting ability.

on 2/24/2010 1:48:00 PM

On me, this is a MLBB color. Almost exactly the same shade, but just slightly browner. This is a muted brick, very pretty, with very slight brown undertones. This is very creamy, but has great staying power. Someone called this a "serious" color... I would consider it more "every day"... nothing fancy, nothing frosty, nothing that screams LIPSTICK... but it gives a great polished/finished look.

on 8/20/2009 3:51:00 PM

I usually don't purchase Lancome products, but my mom wears Tresume perfume, so she always gives me the "gifts" that she gets when she purchases the perfume. This lip color was part of the gift. The colors she usually gives me look awful on me, so I didn't think this one would be any better as the color looked too brown for my liking. Surprisingly there is a maroon color mixed in and when applied, it looked nothing like I expected and is truly a pretty color on me!!!! I love it!!!!!

Can't comment on the price as I got it as a gift.

on 3/17/2009 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Appealingly silky going on, and has decent staying power for a moisturizing lipstick. An earlier reviewer, geg03, hit the head on the nail, saying it's a "serious lipstick." With my auburn hair and pale skin, I like it best when I'm wearing dark brown or blue. This one's coming to work with me for when I meet the CEO tomorrow!

on 12/18/2008 10:58:00 PM

i got this as a gift with purchase, at first I thought ick, not really good on me. it looked lovely on the sales girl who had it on, she had strawberry blond/reddish hair and a little bit of tan skin. i came home and tried it on again, more lightly and its actually works. i like the formula, not drying at all. i will not purchase this though, because i only can see myself reaching for this once in a while

on 11/1/2008 3:54:00 PM

UPDATE: Looks best with concealer underneath since it lightens up things, especially if the concealer is slightly to the warm side. If I have pale coloured concealer with this, it looks like mauvy milky nude, if I have a slighter warmer sand colour concealer it looks like milk tea nude. The lipstick is soo creamy it's unbelievable. ORIGINAL: Love the lipstick and the packaging, it is much better than the Estee Lauder's signature collection packages (pure gold? i mean come on..). Though the colour is a bit dark for me, since I'm so damned pale year round...It is sooooo creamy and soft when applying, it's like solid cream. The colour is a dark nude, on me it gives a slight rosy undertone (?), but it is a nude colour. I only need a little little bit, so it is kind of drying on me. If I apply alot it is basically like a lip balm with high pigmentation and spf 15 =). Feels soo good. But like I said usually I have only like dabs on, and I love the colour even then. It is pigmented and gives slight wrinkles after a while which I love (like Angelina Jolie in Gone in 60 seconds). It has a beautiful effect of shaping my lips and make the border line of my lips a blur. Argh just love. Love love. I will try it in a slightly lighter nude colour. Smells like typical Lancome lipsticks, a little rosy floral smell.

on 5/28/2008 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This lipstick is the creamiest and most moisturizing lipstick that I have tried. Compared to MAC lipstick, MAC is like chalk...lol! I have medium to dark skin tone so this color is more neurtral on me. I love to layer it with lip glosses or fever gloss on top!

on 11/6/2007 11:42:00 AM

Active Ingredient:
Octinoxate 4.0%.

Other Ingredients:

Great tube and color. Goes on smooth and even and the color is great, it's like a dark peachy/nude color it's very pretty/sophisticated/chic. It really doesn't feel like lipstick at all unless you wear just a few dabs. I love it and the color is great. =] Definitely recommend it its the best lipstick I've ever tried so far.

Popular Lipsticks