April 24, 2014 | 1903 users online

Treatments - Better Botanicals - Herbal Hair Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2009 12:22:00 AM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I use all kinds of oils on my hair -- which is colored, curly, thick and coarse -- but I always, always, always come back to this. I typically apply a generous amount in the evening and sleep on it, then rinse thoroughly and condition in the shower the next day, and scrunch a little extra into my curls for definition and shine after I blow dry. After a week or so of using this twice daily, my hair becomes difficult to manage and I shampoo with just a normal (non-clarifying) shampoo and start all over again with super-soft, bouncy curls. The smell is sort of herbal-toasted-coconutty, and I find it very pleasant: neither strong nor lingering. The only "downsides" to this stuff (though I really can't even call it that) are that I can't use it pre-blow dry, as it makes my hair particularly frizzy, so I have to also use a serum or Moroccan Oil prior to heat styling; and some product always seems to dribble out of the flip-top. These things do not bother me, however, and I will absolutely repurchase this when I run out -- which will be ages from now. I've had my bottle for 6 months and am only 1/4 of the way through. This is absolutely one of those HG sleeper products to which I will always return after the failure of some other, newfangled product. Because it just works.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2007 6:03:00 PM More reviews by merci02

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree that this hair oil is expensive, but after using it for two weeks now, I think it is definitely worth the purchase. My hair has been extremely frizzed out and in pretty bad shape lately; this oil has made a huge difference over the last couple of weeks. When I use it, I leave it in for about 45 mins, and then wash it out with Aubrey shampoo and GPB conditioner. My hair has been a lot more silky, and less frizzy. I highly recommend it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2007 1:12:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I was using Jojoba Oil on my hair as my "hair oil". That was leaving my hair tangly and it's hard to wash out. Not really what I was looking for in a hair oil. So I went to Vitamin Cottage thinking I would look for Olive Oil when I stumbled upon Avocado Oil thinking that'd probably be better for my hair. Then the helpful sales associate approached me with Better Botanicals Herbal Hair Oil. I thought "EXACTLY what I'm looking for! An oil that's specifically made for the hair". I took it home and thought it was kind of expensive for such a small bottle. I have long hair and a very small amount was enough to cover the length of my hair. I left it on overnight, as it suggests. It was easy to shampoo out and left my hair soft, silky, and lustrous. The only thing I didn't care for was the smell, but once I shampooed it out, it was gone, so I can live with it, especially for the effects it has on my hair. Definate repurchase! UPDATE: So this stuff isn't as easy to shampoo out as I thought. Still a great treatment though!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2007 11:43:00 PM More reviews by lilliebet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have always enjoyed Better Botanicals unique formulas and scents, but I avoided this small bottle of hair oil, because it was expensive and seemed pointless to me. The other day I scooped up a bottle at a 50% sale, and I have to say I am pretty blown away by this! I live in a dry climate and have dry frizzy ends and very thin hair. I rubbed this into the ends and shampooed it out the next day, and had the confidence to wear my hair down all day without fear of my hair looking scraggly. I even got a couple of compliments! It makes your hair soft, smooth, shiny, silky...and even made mine thick! One person commented that I must have thick hair - which almost made me laugh because it's nowhere near thick. For my hair, this is a Good Hair Day in a bottle, and I will defintitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2004 9:16:00 PM More reviews by llwells

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very fine hair and get "weaves" every 4-6 weeks. My hair is oily and damaged. I was in our local health food store, looking around for something that would help my hair become soft and shiny again. I found this product. Following directions, I put it on before I went to bed (although, you can put it on right before you shampoo). Well, the next morning, following shampoo and conditioner by Aubrey, I was amazed. My hair is the silkiest and smoothest it's been since I was 10 yrs. old and it didn't leave my hair oily. I HIGHLY recommend this product.