November 22, 2014 | 1695 users online

Lip Liners - Maybelline - moisture whip lipliner in mauve

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not a huge l/l user, but I do own several-- and this is the one I'd take to a desert island. I'm not the biggest fan of Moisture Whip lipsticks, esp. with the new chintzy packaging, but the liners are first-rate: creamy, opaque, and very long-wearing. "Mauve" is very much a YLBB color, especially for fair-to-medium complexions. It's a medium plum-brown that blends exceptionally well with natural lip tones (my lips are naturally rose-pink). I often just line my lips with this, blend the edges in with my lips, top with balm, and off I go. This is the closest look to "natural but better" I've been able to achieve in 20 years of owning makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2008 1:43:00 AM More reviews by maraschino_cherry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A nice brownish/purple colour that I use when I wear bright or dark red lipsticks. Glides on smoothly. It goes with most darker-pigmented lipsticks. I didn't know what colour to get and I already have a nude lip liner in Beech from The Body Shop Colourings range, so picking this colour was kind of randomised. But all in all, I don't regret buying this colour as it works great. Don't know about the lasting qualities, cause it doesn't stay put an amazingly long time or anything. I think this is a good thing, as it wears of at the same speed as my lipstick does. Blends in with my lipstick colours well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 7:06:00 AM More reviews by julijalv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Looks very natural and is long-lasting. Also the texture is very soft.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 5:38:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in the clearance bin for 99 cents so I'm afraid it's been discontinued. God I hope not. This is the perfect MLBB color for me. It's so creamy I don't even need to put on balm before using it, and it sets to a lovely matte finish and lasts a long time. In Love with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2006 11:54:00 PM More reviews by TRiNASAURUS_REX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lipliner. It's very pigmented, goes on smoothly and nicely, and it lasts for a goood while. The only thing I don't like about it is how it's made. I'm not really sure how to sharpen it because I've never sharpen pencils like this. I will definitely repurchase this though.

*EDIT*
Nevermind. I know how to sharpen it lol. It's like normal pencils :P

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2006 4:59:00 PM More reviews by sspunkyali

Like others have said, this is a gorgeous rosy color that is natural-looking, yet suitable for those who like bold lips. I fill in my lips with this and then top with Bonne Bell Lip Lites in "Berry 'Nilla Creme" for a moisture-rich, pouty look that will stay put for hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2005 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Lawchick530

What is the perfect lipgloss without the perfect lipliner? Creamy, smooth application, soft color to complement all my pinks and even peaches! Sigh...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2004 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Cdjax

This is definitely one of my favorite Lipliners. The color is perfect for my lips and goes with a lot of my lippies. This goes on super creamy and stays put!