December 22, 2014 | 1494 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - Ultimate Cleansing Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by K20602D

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a decent cleansing oil - it gets the job done. It has a better slip than Origins, doesn't contain menthol like Boscia, doesn't leave behind a residue like Juice Beauty, and so on with other oil cleansers I have tried. I doubt I will repurchase since I don't wear much makeup on a daily basis and the Dove sensitive I have been using does a good job of removing it anyway. I really don't want or need this oil cleanser but I am using it so I don't feel like I wasted money.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by misroule

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Eh, this stuff is alright. The main ingredient is mineral oil, an ingredient I'm not opposed to, but there are many superior cleansing oils out there that contain natural oils that are beneficial to skin. Other Asian cleansing oils Ive tried feel luxurious and nourishing, but this is basically baby oil. It doesn't hurt my skin, but it doesn't help it either. In other words I ain't mad at it but I won't repurchase. I much prefer the Illi cleansing oils by Amore Pacific, and already have some on order so that I can switch back once this is used up.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Law08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

alright lets start with oil cleansers in general,
YES, buy one try them! they are amazing and effective...
i think this one may be better for a person thats unsure
about oil cleansers, maybe an oil newb so to speak,
because its light and still suds quite a bit however,,,,,
i myself am not into this particular one....basically at all.
sad to say and i feel i wasted my money.
great smell, ya it gets the job done but id much rather
spend my penny on DHC oil cleanser which i WORSHIP
its strong and effective takes away any and all evidence of
makeup, my hubby uses it even and it takes away every little
bit of dirt and grime....this on the other hand won't even remove
my mascara!! AND cherry on top, the bottle leaks..maybe mines
defective idk but long story short, just buy dhc skip this its
a no go imo.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by LTcurlygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've used a few bottles of this because it is effective at removing makeup and sunscreen and it doesn't break out my clog prone skin, however it is drying. Because of the drying factor, I've since moved on to Fancl which I like much better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been hearing about this for years. I finally jumped on the oil cleansing bandwagon, but tried other brands first. I have tried Nude (broke me out), DHC (didn't like how greasy it was) and Josie Maran (absolutely loved it). This for me was an ok product. I think the Josie Maran is defintely better then this and the price point of that one is better. This had a rather odd smell, nothing irritating, but nothing nice either. The feeling of this was ok. It felt that it did not break me out and was not too oily. That being said I do not think it was as amazing as I had heard. I was expecting this to be better then the Josie Maran and it was not for me. The price point of this is a little high for it not to be an amazing product so for me this is a skip.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by bzhao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product made me break out like crazy, which is odd, since my skin rarely breaks out these days.

After searching on the internet, its no surprise that it broke me out, since it primary ingredient i mineral oil.

Ingredients:
Mineral Oil, Cetyl Octanoate, PEG-10 Isostearate, Cyclomethicone, PEG-12 Diisostearate, Water, PEG-8 Diisostearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Isostearic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Tocopherol, Fragrance

I brought it on sale for $10 NZD at the seasonal shisedo sales, and therefore am not actually sure how much it retails.

I know that mineral gets a really bad rep, and in my case, it really screws up my skin.
Perhaps if you had extremely dry, non sensitive skin this could be good? However considering its primary ingredient is mineral oil, which is dirt cheap to buy at any pharmacy, its probably not worth the splurge.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by pandabear5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite commercial cleansing oil. I prefer this over DHC and Nude (which both caused breakouts for me). I also prefer this over Shu Uemura A/O and A/I, and it is easier to get than Shu in the US. It's great at dislodging debris from your skin (which feels like sand when you're rubbing the oil on your face for a minute or two). It's most similar to Shu's High Performance cleansing oil and to the A/O (the green one) in its thin texture and ability to dislodge debris. l find it's less drying than the Shu A/O though.

I don't find the need to follow up with another cleanser when I use this oil. Another bonus, a little goes a long way. It is also good at removing make up. When I use this oil, I remove it with a damp muslin cloth or washcloth. A staple of mine when I want to deep clean. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 7:36:00 AM More reviews by dri5hti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Been using this a week and so far the results are pretty amazing. I have dry skin and I've had a hard time finding a good, gentle daily cleanser. This is it. My skin looks soft, glows incredibly and looks and feels hydrated after I use this cleanser. It's definitely the cleanser too because that's the only new addition I've made to my regime. Maybe the combination with my exfoliator/moisturizer/weekly chemical peel enhances it but either way the results are pretty impressive on my skin. I usually follow it up with Ren serum and grape seed oil. It also removes makeup perfectly. I can't believe I waited this long to try an oil cleanser because this stuff is brilliant.

Update: it's been 4 months. I stopped using this for a month as I was way too busy to go shopping and I realised my backup cleanser does not give me the glowy, bright look this cleanser does. So I repurchased a second bottle. Towards the end of the first bottle I realised that while it dissolves perfectly it doesn't seem to give a thorough cleansing. Still works the best for makeup removal than another product I tried (cleansers, makeup removers, makeup wipes etc) and I find it way gentler on my eyes. What I do now is double cleanse. Remove my makeup with this and then a cleansing milk on top of it. My skin loves it so far.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by clairestrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In my quest of trying all oil cleansers, this one fell short.

Here are the pros: It smells good, the pump dispenser is good. It's available in my town.

The cons: I literally never break out. Never have. But after using this for a few days I broke out around my nose and chin. Also, unlike my previous favorite--DHC this one really doesn't wash off very easily. And it doesn't completely remove even non waterproof mascara. In my opinion there are many better choices!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Expensive and gives me milia all around my temples. I've switched to DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and never looked back.