April 17, 2014 | 1494 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - Ultimate Cleansing Oil

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by bzhao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product made me break out like crazy, which is odd, since my skin rarely breaks out these days.

After searching on the internet, its no surprise that it broke me out, since it primary ingredient i mineral oil.

Ingredients:
Mineral Oil, Cetyl Octanoate, PEG-10 Isostearate, Cyclomethicone, PEG-12 Diisostearate, Water, PEG-8 Diisostearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Isostearic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Tocopherol, Fragrance

I brought it on sale for $10 NZD at the seasonal shisedo sales, and therefore am not actually sure how much it retails.

I know that mineral gets a really bad rep, and in my case, it really screws up my skin.
Perhaps if you had extremely dry, non sensitive skin this could be good? However considering its primary ingredient is mineral oil, which is dirt cheap to buy at any pharmacy, its probably not worth the splurge.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by pandabear5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite commercial cleansing oil. I prefer this over DHC and Nude (which both caused breakouts for me). I also prefer this over Shu Uemura A/O and A/I, and it is easier to get than Shu in the US. It's great at dislodging debris from your skin (which feels like sand when you're rubbing the oil on your face for a minute or two). It's most similar to Shu's High Performance cleansing oil and to the A/O (the green one) in its thin texture and ability to dislodge debris. l find it's less drying than the Shu A/O though.

I don't find the need to follow up with another cleanser when I use this oil. Another bonus, a little goes a long way. It is also good at removing make up. When I use this oil, I remove it with a damp muslin cloth or washcloth. A staple of mine when I want to deep clean. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 7:36:00 AM More reviews by dri5hti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Been using this a week and so far the results are pretty amazing. I have dry skin and I've had a hard time finding a good, gentle daily cleanser. This is it. My skin looks soft, glows incredibly and looks and feels hydrated after I use this cleanser. It's definitely the cleanser too because that's the only new addition I've made to my regime. Maybe the combination with my exfoliator/moisturizer/weekly chemical peel enhances it but either way the results are pretty impressive on my skin. I usually follow it up with Ren serum and grape seed oil. It also removes makeup perfectly. I can't believe I waited this long to try an oil cleanser because this stuff is brilliant.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by clairestrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In my quest of trying all oil cleansers, this one fell short.

Here are the pros: It smells good, the pump dispenser is good. It's available in my town.

The cons: I literally never break out. Never have. But after using this for a few days I broke out around my nose and chin. Also, unlike my previous favorite--DHC this one really doesn't wash off very easily. And it doesn't completely remove even non waterproof mascara. In my opinion there are many better choices!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Expensive and gives me milia all around my temples. I've switched to DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and never looked back.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Cat1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Skin type: sensitive, oily, dehydrated, clog-prone. By dehydrated I mean oily skin that lacks water (not oil) or doesn't retain water well.
My skin gets dried out very easily, and this stripped it in one use. I used it one night and woke up to very dehydrated skin with irritation bumps (tiny red bumps) everywhere. Please don't forget to patch test first.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by MsMe

I had tried this product as a readily available alternative to the Tatcha Camellia Oil Cleanser and was impressed so far. Both formulations are applied and massaged on to dry skin and rinsed off with warm water thus removing even waterproof makeup in a pinch. The only difference is the price point. The Shiseido Ultimate Cleansing Oil is slightly cheaper ($33 CDN) than the Tatcha brand ($48 USD) for a eeriely similar product. Please keep in mind, a little goes a long way so a single pump (quarter sized) of the oil is sufficient to remove your warpaint at the end of the day, Otherwise, you will be left with the tight, uncomfortable feeling that is usually associated with over cleansing your facial skin. Will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by swtxdreams

product works great! cleans off all the stubborn waterproof makeup and does not cause breakouts. It feels good cleaning all the junk from my skin every day.

this is my must-have for my double cleansing routine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this cleansing oil I have tried Shu,Josie, and now this and I like this one a lot. I have switched to oil cleansers due to how much Retin-A dries out my skin now that the weather is colder here in NY. I have also read they are good for your skin and keep it in better condition. I love the way this removes makeup and it emulsifies really nicely. I use this then I use a rose witch hazel toner. I then either apply my retin or if I am skipping a night I apply my Apple Baviphat and TonyMoly which really hydrate and clean my pores. I notice with the oil cleanser my skin feels better and firmer it hasn't made my pores bigger or made me break out.

I make sure to wash around my hairline so as not to break out there but this doesn't seem to hang on it rinses really clean as evident by nothing on my cotton ball when I tone. My pores are smaller and my skin looks more toned and even. I am not getting so red anymore either which is wonderful with the winter weather. This is good stuff and rinses clean. I think it would work well with many skin types. I'm oily but not super bad more combo and it works great. I think it would even oil out on your face actually. Plus this is one of the more reasonably priced oils which means I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by tiffanyhehe

on purposely buy this cleansing oil to wash water-proof sunscreen off. it does its job to wash sunscreen off.

but i have a complain on the packing. it leaks even turn the head to the lock side. and it has been spilling every-time on road trip or on flight. have to double pack it from leaking to my bag. it get so messy with its oily product nature.

i will still buy this, but i am de-potting it into muji 50ml containers. so much easier and pleasant to apply now.