October 24, 2014 | 1641 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - Ultimate Cleansing Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Law08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

alright lets start with oil cleansers in general,
YES, buy one try them! they are amazing and effective...
i think this one may be better for a person thats unsure
about oil cleansers, maybe an oil newb so to speak,
because its light and still suds quite a bit however,,,,,
i myself am not into this particular one....basically at all.
sad to say and i feel i wasted my money.
great smell, ya it gets the job done but id much rather
spend my penny on DHC oil cleanser which i WORSHIP
its strong and effective takes away any and all evidence of
makeup, my hubby uses it even and it takes away every little
bit of dirt and grime....this on the other hand won't even remove
my mascara!! AND cherry on top, the bottle leaks..maybe mines
defective idk but long story short, just buy dhc skip this its
a no go imo.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by LTcurlygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've used a few bottles of this because it is effective at removing makeup and sunscreen and it doesn't break out my clog prone skin, however it is drying. Because of the drying factor, I've since moved on to Fancl which I like much better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been hearing about this for years. I finally jumped on the oil cleansing bandwagon, but tried other brands first. I have tried Nude (broke me out), DHC (didn't like how greasy it was) and Josie Maran (absolutely loved it). This for me was an ok product. I think the Josie Maran is defintely better then this and the price point of that one is better. This had a rather odd smell, nothing irritating, but nothing nice either. The feeling of this was ok. It felt that it did not break me out and was not too oily. That being said I do not think it was as amazing as I had heard. I was expecting this to be better then the Josie Maran and it was not for me. The price point of this is a little high for it not to be an amazing product so for me this is a skip.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by bzhao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product made me break out like crazy, which is odd, since my skin rarely breaks out these days.

After searching on the internet, its no surprise that it broke me out, since it primary ingredient i mineral oil.

Ingredients:
Mineral Oil, Cetyl Octanoate, PEG-10 Isostearate, Cyclomethicone, PEG-12 Diisostearate, Water, PEG-8 Diisostearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Isostearic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Tocopherol, Fragrance

I brought it on sale for $10 NZD at the seasonal shisedo sales, and therefore am not actually sure how much it retails.

I know that mineral gets a really bad rep, and in my case, it really screws up my skin.
Perhaps if you had extremely dry, non sensitive skin this could be good? However considering its primary ingredient is mineral oil, which is dirt cheap to buy at any pharmacy, its probably not worth the splurge.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by pandabear5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite commercial cleansing oil. I prefer this over DHC and Nude (which both caused breakouts for me). I also prefer this over Shu Uemura A/O and A/I, and it is easier to get than Shu in the US. It's great at dislodging debris from your skin (which feels like sand when you're rubbing the oil on your face for a minute or two). It's most similar to Shu's High Performance cleansing oil and to the A/O (the green one) in its thin texture and ability to dislodge debris. l find it's less drying than the Shu A/O though.

I don't find the need to follow up with another cleanser when I use this oil. Another bonus, a little goes a long way. It is also good at removing make up. When I use this oil, I remove it with a damp muslin cloth or washcloth. A staple of mine when I want to deep clean. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 7:36:00 AM More reviews by dri5hti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Been using this a week and so far the results are pretty amazing. I have dry skin and I've had a hard time finding a good, gentle daily cleanser. This is it. My skin looks soft, glows incredibly and looks and feels hydrated after I use this cleanser. It's definitely the cleanser too because that's the only new addition I've made to my regime. Maybe the combination with my exfoliator/moisturizer/weekly chemical peel enhances it but either way the results are pretty impressive on my skin. I usually follow it up with Ren serum and grape seed oil. It also removes makeup perfectly. I can't believe I waited this long to try an oil cleanser because this stuff is brilliant.

Update: it's been 4 months. I stopped using this for a month as I was way too busy to go shopping and I realised my backup cleanser does not give me the glowy, bright look this cleanser does. So I repurchased a second bottle. Towards the end of the first bottle I realised that while it dissolves perfectly it doesn't seem to give a thorough cleansing. Still works the best for makeup removal than another product I tried (cleansers, makeup removers, makeup wipes etc) and I find it way gentler on my eyes. What I do now is double cleanse. Remove my makeup with this and then a cleansing milk on top of it. My skin loves it so far.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by clairestrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In my quest of trying all oil cleansers, this one fell short.

Here are the pros: It smells good, the pump dispenser is good. It's available in my town.

The cons: I literally never break out. Never have. But after using this for a few days I broke out around my nose and chin. Also, unlike my previous favorite--DHC this one really doesn't wash off very easily. And it doesn't completely remove even non waterproof mascara. In my opinion there are many better choices!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Expensive and gives me milia all around my temples. I've switched to DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and never looked back.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Cat1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Skin type: sensitive, oily, dehydrated, clog-prone. By dehydrated I mean oily skin that lacks water (not oil) or doesn't retain water well.
My skin gets dried out very easily, and this stripped it in one use. I used it one night and woke up to very dehydrated skin with irritation bumps (tiny red bumps) everywhere. Please don't forget to patch test first.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by MsMe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had tried this product as a readily available alternative to the Tatcha Camellia Oil Cleanser and was impressed so far. Both formulations are applied and massaged on to dry skin and rinsed off with warm water thus removing even waterproof makeup in a pinch. The only difference is the price point. The Shiseido Ultimate Cleansing Oil is slightly cheaper ($33 CDN) than the Tatcha brand ($48 USD) for a eeriely similar product. Please keep in mind, a little goes a long way so a single pump (quarter sized) of the oil is sufficient to remove your warpaint at the end of the day, Otherwise, you will be left with the tight, uncomfortable feeling that is usually associated with over cleansing your facial skin. Will purchase again.