November 28, 2014 | 1221 users online

Sunscreen - Shiseido - Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF 55 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by anny6587

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I know that it says for face only, but I was wondering if I can use it on arms and necks etc? If I'm spending $30 I'd rather but one.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by madscientist01

There are some things I love about this product. It goes on totally matte, doesn't dry out my skin, doesn't have that gross sunscreen smell, and protects well. I really don't like how water resistant this is. It's WAY too expensive to use as a sunscreen on the body, and I like being able to wash things off my face easily enough. With this sunscreen, I literally had to scrub it off every time with a rather harsh exfoliant. I stopped using it for that reason. Somehow it just doesn't seem like a good idea when you have acne-prone skin. Later, I realized this sunscreen has aluminum in it, which has been linked to alzheimer's and breast cancer!! I would never repurchase this sunscreen. It has some real bonuses, but just isn't worth the risk.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by annatpham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a MUST HAVE at all times product for me. It is like no other sunscreen! It gives a matte finish, non-greasy what so ever, and does not leave a white cast. It has spf 55 which is AWESOME Ladies, you must wear sunscreen every single day to prevent aging!! and i dont know what it is but i can wear this alone and feel like my face appears to look better with no foundation or powder. well bottom line, amazing product, a must have, well worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by phylalexan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am allergic to SPFs when they are above 15 in that they change the color of my skin and many times to a light plummy color. My dermatologist says I need to use 30 spf although really anything over 30 isn't all that necessary. I have used this product for the last 6 months every morning before my makeup. It keeps my makeup the color that I want it to and I use it as a moisturizer and mattifier as well. It is not cheap but can any amount be too much to keep the sun off of our face. I note that whenever I go buy a Shiseido counter they change packaging of this frequently but any Shiseido sunscreen is excellent including the one for the eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by marisac118

This has replaced my Neutrogena Healthy Defense SPF 45 as HG, especially now that I live in a more humid climate. The texture is amazing, it leaves skin silky and matte without the shiny stickiness that I've come to anticipate in a sunscreen. It works great as a base under my makeup, and smells good as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by luxury456

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best sunscreen in the market . I had fraxel re:pair treatment done on my face and i needed good sunscreen and this is the best.it goes on so smooth and i love it milky consitnsy. it is little bit expensive but worth the money 3.3 fl.oz.will last you atleast 6 months.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by grlsmith

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Has been discontinued/reformulated to Sun Protection Lotion SPF 60 PA+++.

Ingredients are as follows:

Ensulizole 2.0%
Octinoxate 7.4%
ZO 16.3%

CYCLOMETHICONE, WATER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE, CETYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, SD ALCOHOL 40-B, POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL/PPG-9/1 COPOLYMER, OCTOCRYLENE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSICATE, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, TRIETHANOLAMINE, GLYCERIN, XYLITOL, METHYL GLUCETH-10, SCUTELLARIA BAICALENSIS ROOT EXTRACT, ECTOIN, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TRIETHOCYCAPRYLYLSILANE, ISOSTEARIC ACID, ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER, TRISODIUM EDTA, BHT, SYZGIUM JAMBOS LEAF EXTRACT, TOCOPHEROL, PHENOXYETHANOL, FRAGRANCE

19 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by martha1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Packaging is poor! often leaks and is expensive. however, i love this product b/c it's so thin and absorbent. but note to people, sometimes it does create a white film on your face. But i put makeup over so ti doesn't really affect me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by birdiecat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This SS is just OK. I love that it's matte and not greasy. My MU does not go on well after putting this on though! I end up with splotches that pick up more color... I make sure and rub in well and wait for it to dry, but this keeps happening and then I try and wipe it with water it won't go away, so my blush ends up looking like I got punched in the face or something :-(!

I'm also looking for something a little more natural that's zinc/titanium oxide based, so I will have to continue my SS search I guess!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this formulation too greasy for me. Also the white cast on my face after applying was annoying. Had to rub into my skin to get rid of the whiteness. This product doesn't do anything that my regular facial sunscreen cannot. And is also overpriced in my opinion.