August 28, 2014 | 1503 users online

Other - Stila - All Stila line

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The previous review was written seven years before my review and I do believe that the line has changed since then. I feel indifferent towards the line now, but I used to like the line more when several years ago. I notice at Ulta that they are constantly discontinuing products and bringing new products. It seems as though are trying very hard to keep and attract more customers. I also feel that the line is overpriced, the quality is no better than brands like MAC and much of their line is more expensive. I find I gravitate more towards other brands due to the fact that if I like a product, they may discontinue it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2005 8:53:00 PM More reviews by txt_eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a stila make over in London and love it, I brought a rouge pot as it was the cheapest thing but sadly I have gotten to use it that much and so swapped it.

I think the line is good tho and would gladly buy again. I jsut wish I could get it in plymouth!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2005 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Stilalady

Stila...oh where do I begin! I love, yes love, Stila! I discovered this line about 3 years ago and have been hooked since. My favorite Stila makeup products are the lipglazes. I have about 16 and they are awesome in texture, shine and are long lasting. I love how Stila creator Jeanine Lobell named the lipsticks after her friends, clever! The brushes are wonderful too, I use them everyday! But, my absolute favorite part of Stila is the illustrations! I'm such a girly girl and love collecting girly stuff! The illustrations on postcards, bags, posters, palettes...they are just so darn cute! I have so many nice collectibles and I know I'll be collecting and wearing Stila for years to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2005 12:48:00 AM More reviews by hwendt516

As a counter manager for Stila cosmetics I know I am more than a bit biased. But, let me just say that well before working for Stila I was a major junkie. I had to be the first to buy every new thing! I know some of the biggest complaints have been the (somewhat awful) packaging, but it's geting better! The new metal packaging for the lipsticks has finally started to ship! Hooray! Stila has spent lots of time, energy and money on developing new products, and better packagig. I hope anyone who had doubts about it before will give it a try. Any Bay Area makeup lovers are free to give me a visit at the Stila counter at Nordstrom, in Stoneridge Mall in Pleasanton. Go ahead and call (925)463-5050 ext. 1056 and ask for the Stila counter! I'd love for you to try some new products, and if you do make it out be sure to mention makeupalley.com

Best Wishes,
Heather Wendt

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2005 12:01:00 AM More reviews by stilagal415

I've been wearing Stila for about four years now, and have loved pretty much every product I've tried. Warning: the eyeshadows are an addiction; I started with kitten in cardboard packaging, and now have two eight-pan palettes and a bunch of their seasonal trios. The quality and texture of the e/s are absolutely the best, the brushes are wonderful, the lip glazes go on great and taste great too...everything Stila does is top of the line. Make sure you try the smudge pots and eye mousses - you won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2005 9:13:00 PM More reviews by sher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Stila is one of my favorite lines. The quality is superb. I especially love the eyeshadows and the CCs. The cardboard packaging is not good, but Stila has been venturing away from that lately.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2004 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Kaelie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I adore Stila eyeshadows, especially the shimmery ones. It's not glittery or "frosty", and they last and last. I love their colors, too. My HG true red lipstick is Stila's Delilah lipstick, which I've had for four months, and there's still a ton of the product in the tube (I wear it at least twice a week) and it has not gone bad (cross my fingers). Granted, most of Stila products are Expensive, especially the lip glazes. I've been dying to try it, but I just can't justify paying $24 USD for so little. The cardboard packaging on the lipstick really sucks, b/c it frays and looks really cheap! I don't mind it so much on the eyeshadows, because I love the quotes under the lid and I don't carry the shadows around, but on my lipstick, I'm embarrassed to pull it out in public!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2004 1:14:00 PM More reviews by couturegirl

Stila is my favorite line. Everybody has a line that will suit them, and everything from the convertible, natural colors, to the eyeshadows, to the shimmers- it's all great. It works well with me, and I have a medium skin tone. I heard it works well with pale tones too. I just love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2004 7:45:00 AM More reviews by sanrosee

Stila products tend to be high quality, but I view it as a hit-or-miss line. There are some products I adore, yet there are also a few awful items. Once a Stila MA told me how MAC was such a trashy line because they "sold out". I didn't have the heart to tell him that I knew that Stila sold out to the same company as MAC. (Estee Lauder) The illuminating line tends to be good especially for fair skin gals, plus the blushes and eyeshadows are great. I'd recommend anyone on a budget to wait for their holiday or seasonal kits which are a much better deal than buying individual items.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2003 11:36:00 PM More reviews by tanmh_88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

it's ex, but the packaging rules1 ne complaint - ditch that cardboard tubes and palettes! they're not durable and melt in no time since i'm very sporty.