September 3, 2014 | 1326 users online

Body Scrubs - Alba Botanica - Sugar Cane Body Polish

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've always enjoyed the tropical princess feel of Alba's line. This scrub truly does top all the other Alba's products I've tried. It's delicious, not overly gritty, not overly oily, a good balance of healthy, skin loving oils and sugar to polish and moisturize. When I want a really good exfoliation session, I'll use this on dry skin just before showering. But even on wet skin, this stuff is great. This is perfect for summer time when you've been running around the shore of a beach or maybe a lake all day and you're ready to wash the day off and feel like a clean little mermaid!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:44:00 AM More reviews by babyschla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love the smell of this stuff. I love the high oil content which keeps you feeling smooth after you bath. I love the excellent scrubby action of the sugar. This stuff is ace.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by iEuphoria0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This smells great and feels nice on my skin. It turns into a gritty shea butter when I start scrubbing with it in the shower, which is pleasing. I was a little worried that the residue it was leaving behind was actually a layer of plastic gunk, but it hasn't harmed my skin or caused my back to break out. (thank goodness!) It's not something I desperately need in my weekly routine, but it's a nice indulgence when I'm feeling like I need a little something extra.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This seems to be clearing up my KP on my arms after only 3 uses. WOW! I've tried tons of scrubs and nothing helps but this does. It's a weird gel texture that once you rub in becomes scrubby and oily. You rinse it off and are left with a ton of oils that moisturize well. It smells like cookies, comes in a big jar for a decent price ($8-$10) and most importantly WORKS!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice body scrub. I usually just use a loofah in the shower, but I wanted something a bit more. I use this once a week as a treat to myself. Like others have described, it is a nice, thick consistency that spreads easily. It is filled with little scrubbies, but it doesn't feel abrasive against the skin. It smells very sugary and sweet, which I love. It leaves a nice, slightly oily, touch on the skin. I still put on lotion afterwards, but you really don't need to because of the oil base. I got a big jar for about $10. Overall, I give the scrub a 5 because it smells great, scrubs very well, and leaves you skin feeling incredibly soft and moisturized. I feel like I just got back from a massage. I give the packaging a 3 because I would like it better if it came in a squeeze bottle, so you don't have to dip your hands in and scoop up the product from the jar. However, it's not a big deal, and doesn't affect the product's performance. I haven't tried any other scrubs from this brand, but I like this so much I don't think I need to.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by ponyexpress

This is my favorite scrub ever. It has such a unique consistency as far as scrubs go. It's neither abrasive nor ineffective. It's a gel body polish which means you don't have to stir together a bunch of salt/oil before use. This also makes it neater than the stir types which can be quite the mess.
The smell is unique and very sweet. To me it smells like buttery honey graham crackers. If you don't like bakery smells this is probably not your thing.
I prefer Alba's sugar scrub over the sea salt 100% which I've also tried and reviewed. More people seem to prefer the sugar scrub so if you're new to this product line I would start here.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by JennlovesRob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mmm, this smells so yummy! This is a great body polish, I usually slather it on towards the end of my bath and leave it on for about 5-10 minutes, out of the water, for the enzymes to work. Then I gently scrub and I'm left with beautiful, soft, smooth skin! This is a very nice product and is very natural, not a bunch of nasty chemicals. I put down I wouldn't buy again, because I've moved on to dry exfoliation now and plus I live in the U.K. and it's not available over here, but I highly recommend anybody looking for a great scrub to try this. It's worth the slightly higher price then other DS brands. Plus the smell, so delicious!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by tootie4ever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Since I use most of the Alba Botanica Hawaiian line, I decided to give this a shot. I was definitely not disappointed. Love the smell and how soft the granuales leave my skin feeling. Also, a little goes a long way. My skin felt very supple after I was done showering. I think I will use this every other day as I love my cocunut milk lotion, which I didn't need to use after using this scrub.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 2:00:00 PM More reviews by stellarfungi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The product: $7 for 10 ounces. Comes in a great big tub, but it is very necessary because this is a thick, tacky product that could never be applied from a pump. The consistency is almost like someone dumped sugar into a vat of vaseline, and a little goes a long way, because the granules are not sparsely dispersed - every dab of this product is gritty. It has a fragrance like sugary honey which did not irritate me, but would not be palatable for someone who dislikes sweet, foody scents.

My experience: This is definitely not a product to use if you want your body scrub to rinse cleanly. Since the Sugar Cane Body Polish is made almost entirely of oils and sugar, this does leave behind residue. For me, that residue plus the scrubbing action made my skin feel SO soft. Every time I use this I marvel how smooth and soft this leaves my body. The silica granules (these are the actual exfoliating grains in this product, not sugar crystals) are not rough at all, unlike the crushed shells other companies use in their scrubs (I'm looking at YOU, St. Ives) and the sunflower oil does a nice job of cleaning and cleansing the skin, too.

Ingredients: Certified organic helianthus annuus (sunflower) oil, certified organic saccharum officinarum (sugar cane) juice, silica, aleurites moluccana (kukui nut) and macadamia ternifolia oils, honey, tocopherol (vitamin E), and botanical fragrance. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by friskilyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just bought this scrub and, while it isn't THE perfect scrub, it comes pretty close. First of all, the price is really good for the size of the product. This scrub is on the gentler side and the sugar granuals disappear pretty quickly if you put this on while under the running water. It does manage to scrub the skin well, though. The scrub is in an oily base which lingers after the sugar granuals are gone. The oily base will stay on after the shower but it is not an oily or greasy feeling. I have sensitive skin and do not like putting cream lotion on my body because it leaves a sticky and heavy feeling on my skin. Oddly, this oil does not bother me at all and it actually invigorates my skin. I felt really relaxed after I used this product...probably becasue my skin is moistured from the oil.

One gripe about the packaging, which is not specific to this product, but when scrubs (or any product) come in a tub, water easily gets in the tub and I am just worried about the sugar melting from the water. I had to tip over the tub a few times to get the water out.