July 30, 2014 | 1351 users online

Lipstick - Estee Lauder - Estee Lauder Electric Intense Lip Creme - Mad Love

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Olya_dreams

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this with a GWP years ago. I love this colour, goes on smooth, and I love the smell of all Estee lauder lipsticks. It's got this dark/wine shade, it goes with my glasses.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 6:57:00 AM More reviews by kazina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product has unfortunately been discontinued for a while now, but I thought I should add a review, since most of the reviews for it here are negative.
I *love* this shade. The other reviewers have done a good job describing it, but I think it looks absolutely perfect on me. I started wearing this in my late teens, and it was the first lipstick that made me feel sophisticated. I still feel exactly the same way about it. I have dark hair and light olive skin, and this just looks like 2 shades darker than the colour of my lips. It can get a bit too dark if I apply it heavily so I like to apply it lightly, or over lip balm.
Some days I do feel it is a bit too cool toned, but then I have lipsticks like MAC Retro that I feel are a bit too warm toned, so I mix them on my lips and the result is perfect.
Also, I love the smell of these lipsticks. Yes, it's a bit strong, but I find nothing unpleasant at all about it.
Basically, this is a very versatile shade for me. I think this was a rather unique shade, it is very hard to find anything similar. I think I found that Lancome L'Absolu Rouge 253 Brun Evasion looked somewhat similar swatched on my hand, but it looked much darker on my lips and the finish was much too glossy. Oh well, just glad I stocked up on these.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2008 6:37:00 PM More reviews by lba619

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

NW25, Lt. Brown, Blue/Hazel, Combo, No Breakouts. I like the formulas of the EL lippies, but can't get past the overwhelming smell! I just can't do it, no matter how much I like the color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2007 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I don't see why everyone dislikes this color, I think it is kinda nice actually. On my fair skin, and pigmented rosy lips this turned a YLBB shade of shall I say "nude mauve". It enhances my natural lip color without looking too bright. Mind you, I use it VERY sparingly to achieve this look, and rub it in to my lips so it becomes more of a stain. The lasting power is excellent, and I didn't find it to be too drying.
I HATE the packaging. Gaudy gold and blue, bulky, could it be any UGLIER? I don't even want to bring it out in public lol. Would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2006 10:03:00 AM More reviews by ScullyNess

I enjoy lavendar shaded lipstick as a guilty pleasure but DO NOT mistake this as having that tone when the other reviewers say purple, by that it means darkish brown with midplum navy untertones after it is applied. It's really not a mauve at all, it looks it in the tube (fools you into thinking it has a pink undertone) but ends up brown with a dark purple tone, not a hint of pinkish mauve at all to it. I can get away wearing it with brown toned outfits in the Fall especially at night time but it's going to sit in my makeup case most the year round unused. Nice formula for the lipstick itself as is most Estee Lauder lipsticks but I wouldn't even recommend it as a goth look (trust me I was young once lol) because of it's mud not mad color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2006 5:49:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Mad Love is a pretty mauvey rose shade with a hint of brown. Nice nuetral shade. Too bad this has a disgusting flowery fruity scent. the lippie itself is moisturizing. retails for $22 and comes in a gold tube. This is also a frequent Gift with Purchase SHade. pretty but hate the scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2005 5:38:00 PM More reviews by hfoegele

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked it. Received it as a gift with purchase and the colour reminds me of Avon's Twig which I've always liked. If you find it to brown or purply I applied a small amount of Estee Lauder's Plum Steel (new shade) lipgloss over top and it looked great.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2005 5:58:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Changed my mind about this one. Turns purple.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2005 10:00:00 PM More reviews by keahi

I really like this lipstick formula and Mad Love was my first attempt at finding a suitable shade. I detest using counter testers so I had to rely on what this looked like on the back of my hand--not very accurate I know. I thought this would be a nice neutral, but on my lips this came off very dark and made me look almost goth. Totally drained the color out of my face--all you could see was scary purplish lips-- yikes! Had to take this one back but I recommend this formula and love the packaging also--best packaging EL's come up with IMO. This just wasn't a good color for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2004 8:04:00 PM More reviews by geezus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it's a nice mauve-brown-pink shade. it looks best on my lips when i apply it lightly.