Philosophy PURE Grace Solid Perfume

3.9

on 11/19/2008 5:24:00 PM

Is it just me, or does this smell icky upon application (and also in the container). It smells like poo!? :/ Now I've tried pure grace before and loved it. After like 10 min. of this solid being on my skin it smells like pure grace with a slight trace of that icky smell, so I doubt its my chemistry. Perhaps I got a bad batch, but this is pretty disgusting... to bad because the packaging is awesome, I love the idea, and love the pure grace fragrance.

on 1/24/2008 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The solid perfume can't be beat for travelling - no worries about leaking on clothes or inside purse. I'm not a big fan of most of Philosophy's fragrances, but I did like Pure Grace as it just smells clean and simple - definitely soap and water. I don't know that I'd buy the spritz version of this scent, but it's difficult to find a solid perfume. I think the staying power of this scent is fairly decent and it's not overpowering, but I probably would not purchase it again as it's not my signature scent - but it is good enough for when you are travelling away from home.

on 12/8/2007 8:33:00 PM

This is great for tucking into your purse and taking with you. It is not very strong, but none of Philosophy scents are. This does help renew your scent during the day.

on 11/25/2007 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This may not be the longest lasting fragrance on the planet, but its sheer portability and convenience more than makes up for that. I love its fresh soap and water fragrance. It's perfect for travel as there's no worries about combustibility or spillage. I wish more fragrances would come in a solid like this.

on 6/19/2007 11:20:00 AM

I love the scent of Pure Grace, however I find that this form of it is very weak. I wish it had more scent to it. Unless I apply it right under my nose, I can't say I really notice it at all. I love the spray form however! I got this as a free gift from Drugstore .com with another purchase, I definitely won't buy this again!

on 4/3/2007 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this fragrance and this package. I can keep it in my handbag without a problem. Funny story- my DH and I were flying home on a very crowded plane and a man sat in the row in front of us. Let's just say he was less than shower fresh-
much less. I remembered hearing how people who have to be around unbearable odors put Vap-O-Rub under their nostrils, so I discretely pulled out my solid Pure Grace and we both dabbed it under our noses. It made that 5 hour survivable. I will never fly without it.

on 3/23/2007 11:26:00 PM

I love the clean scent of this perfume, and it's such a great handy size to keep in your handbag etc.. I dab it on my wrists, behind my ears, on my pulses. I find it does last too. Would definitely buy it again. I wish they made it in vanilla or apple, or some of their other scents.

on 3/4/2007 4:46:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This was my first Pure Grace purchase, and it might be a long time before I have to repurchase. I use the spray perfume daily. I like having a solid for travel, and I'm surprised more manufacturers don't make solids - I would never ever travel with liquid perfume.

The scent in the solid is very true to the spray. Packaging is utilitarian; just a spare little pot. Price seemed pretty reasonable.

on 9/2/2006 7:40:00 PM

I like to layer this *over* a spritz of Pure Grace spray. I think it prolongs it somewhat. I love that "fresh out the shower" scent. (Who knew that I would enjoy smelling clean and soapy!?) I like to layer it with the souffle as well when I have the time.

During this summers city meltdown (Heatwave in the UK!) this perfume remained solid in my bag. I find that the pot lasts me for AGES!

I've got my daughter using this and the spray version instead of those hideous body sprays. (She's at that age where she is suddenly paranoid about smelling fresh at all times!)

Love it!

on 9/2/2006 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This scent to me is very watery and smells like the ocean (to me) nice fresh and clean. Sometimes i want a watery beachy scent without the coconut scent as well. Lately Miami glow has taken the place of my everyday scent. But i still love to wear this. I like to layer it with the cologne. I keep the solid in my purse for touch ups during the day or when i am out and cannot reapply.

Popular Fragrances