July 23, 2014 | 1212 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Amazing Grace SOLID Perfume

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 8:58:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

This is perfect to tuck into your purse during the day when your wearig AG. I keep this and PG in my purse at all time, also Falling in Love. I also use the roll on oils.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2007 1:44:00 PM More reviews by sakecat22

I'll admit that I prefer vanilla and foodie scents over fresh and floral. Amazing Grace is inoffensive. It reminds me of Bounce dryer sheets. I found the solid picked up a waxy scent after 3 months. Not offensive, just off. More damning - my boyfriend said "This doesn't smell like you."

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2007 1:46:00 PM More reviews by uneedaklu

I love Philosophy's scents because I want to smell good without ... well, without smelling. I don't want people to smell my fragrance; I want them to smell me.

I change scents about once a year, and create my own signature with a "known" scent for the base and some more obscure fragrance oils mixed in to complement it. Amazing Grace was the one scent I used on its own, so I was very excited to see it in solid form, hoping it would a) last longer than the spray if I wore it alone, and b) mix well with my oils.

Well, I'm happy to say that it has done one of those things: it's a great base no matter what oils I mix with it on any given day. As for lasting longer, I've given up on that. If I don't reapply it mid-day, that part of the scent is gone.

Overall, I'm happy with it. It has the scent that I love, and I expect that the pot will last considerably longer than the spray would, so it's a decent value, but I would have liked a little more bang for my buck. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2006 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Alexandralexa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Smells exactly like Amazing Grace cologne, which I have not found to be the case with any other AG products. Unfortunately, the solid doesn't extend the life of my AG spray as I had hoped, but it's still great for toting around easily. I really appreciate portable products and this adorable packaging fits the bill. AG is such a pretty and comfortable fragrance that I'm willing to put up with its poor lasting power.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2006 4:47:00 PM More reviews by cherrytruffle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first apply this scent it strongly reminds me of suntan lotion products I have used in the past. Beyond that this has no staying power either, I have tried the spray in this same scent and it does not last either ( as do none of the fragrances in the Philosophy line ). I will save my $ for a better overall product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2006 6:13:00 PM More reviews by minxgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm still on the fence with this one. My hubby bought this for me at Sephora (along w/ other Amazing Grace pieces) while he was training for his new job in NYC (what a sweet guy!!!) Anyway, I think that it is overpriced, but so is most Philosophy product. My husband gave this to me last Friday & it smelled like the typical Amazing Grace scent: light, beautiful, clean...but within 2 days, the scent has turned almost unbearably strong & bitter. I don't know what happened to it-I just got it!! If anyone else has expirienced this, please let me know.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2006 4:26:00 PM More reviews by jmuemos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not really a perfume person, but when I was milling around Nordstrom and caugh a whiff of Amazing Grace, I had to have it. I love the scent - and decided to start out w/ the solid fragrance. It's a little sticky going on, but nice for on-the-go and travel. LOVE the smell and can't wait to try the 3-1 and the lotion.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2006 5:47:00 PM More reviews by mandy_79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Please...this product is a waste of money. The scent is cheap and it's all a gimmick for Cristina to sell us more crap!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2006 11:29:00 PM More reviews by RUrahrah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I first smelled this AG in the store, I thought, this is so ME. I feel so comfortable in it, and I love the fact that I don't think anyone who smelled it on me would be annoyed or irritated by it. It is a beautiful, light, shower clean smell, and seriously, it has now been a few months since I started using it, and when I catch a whiff of it on my wrist, my eyes still roll back in my head. I keep saying to myself "I smell SO good!!" And why have I never tried solid perfumes before!? How smart! I think the price is right, I use this every day and I barely made a dip in it. It also doesn't clash with my beloved vanilla hand cream - they mix together nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2005 1:39:00 AM More reviews by JWdickens

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Amazing Grace solid perfume is an excellent representative of the spritzer form of the fragrance. I recommend partnering it with either the emulsion or liquid form to create a more lasting presence. For those not familiar, Amazing Grace smells somewhat powdery, like a baby powder yet distinct from traditional baby powder essences like Love's Baby Soft or Johnson's Baby Powder. It is a clean scent that is entirely appropriate for work atmospheres. It might seem a bit light for an evening out depending on one's preferences.