December 21, 2014 | 1710 users online

Blush - Becca - Dahlia

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Fabfame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brick red/orange colour is very pigmented with a smooth creamy consistency. It feels very greasy when I apply it to my cheeks. It is sheer and has zero staying power on my skin (Oily, NW45/NC50)
At least I look good leaving the house...but will be reaching for something else to reapply by the time I get to the office. There are better options out there for a great red/orange blush (NARS Exhibit A, MAC Devil)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 11:56:00 AM More reviews by syeung2

Product - Rich burnt orange creme blush. As a previous reviewer noted, this is pretty ugly to look at - you really need to try it on and give it a chance. Can be used on lips and cheeks. Great for blush on me (NC25) for a freshly windburnt look, but on the lips it's a bit too orange for my preference. Smooth and creamy, easy to blend and work with. I didn't notice any aroma...

Comparisons - Texture is very similar to BB Pot Rouges. Much more orange toned than BECCA creme blush in Geranium.

Packaging - Same as Becca's single e/s and Lip & Cheek Cremes: rubberized brown compact with a metal piece on the lid that looks like armor or a shield and a mirror under the lid.

Overall - The product is nice but the packaging is not my favorite - if you have more than one Becca product, you'd have to read the label to know which is which (or depot). continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2007 2:59:00 AM More reviews by mtvsux

Very very pretty, but the SMELL!! I've heard many say they barely smell the becca smell, but the second i put this on it's like i oversprayed stinky woodsy musk on myself. oh barf. But, most people won't even smell it i suppose. Thing is, i love the color. It is so warm, and that's hard to find in a red. I'm nc35 with annoying pigmented lips and it covers them nicely. It also lasts on both lips and cheeks., i wish the texture was a little drier, so i think i'll leave the cap open. :D. I'm still giving it a 4, b/c this color is so awesome, and there is no 3.5.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2006 3:47:00 PM More reviews by sheilaKL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My first foray into Becca creme blushes and this color is what drew me in! It is a gorgeous burnt orange creme that melts into the skin... It is vibrant, but not overpowering with my coloring. I am fair and warm, like some of the other reviewers but have redhead and freckles so this blush doesn't look quite so orange on me. It is truly gorgeous and a light creamy version of NARS Taj Mahal blush. A great color and a great intro into the Becca line !

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2006 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Kate_NS

As some have said, the colour looks like a brickish-paprika on my fair (C1, NC15) skin. This would work, but the colour is too opaque for me to carry off its intensity. Although the colour doesnt work for me, the product itself is truly wonderful; soft, creamy, blends like a dream, and lasts all day! Recommend for those yellow-toned gals looking for a natural flush who can carry of the more pronounced hue.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2005 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Bijou7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Found this to be a little too orange on my fair, olive-toned skin. I expected some orange, but was hoping to get more of a hint of red also, as other reviewers got. I also had to apply a few layers to get the intensity I wanted, and when I achieved it, it wasn't quite the result that I was looking for. Texture is very nice though, as always. I also have Lotus, and that one works beautifully on me. I'm also hoping to pick up Amaryllis and Wild Orchid when and if Sephora get them back in stock. So, I guess that I just need to stick to the pinks and plums for best results! Dahlia does look nice as a lipstick, however...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2005 10:26:00 PM More reviews by CWAHED

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it. A matte terra cotta/orange cream blush. It goes on like a dream. As with my Lotus becca blush - in the pan, it looks intimidating but put it on and feel as if you are on a tropical island kissed by sun. I am a mac nc45 and this color is so healthy and natural on me. I love cream and gel blushes for control and layering ability. Becca makes an awesome product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2004 12:11:00 PM More reviews by beentheredonethat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't had much luck with anything Becca other than the shimmer powders- and then this stuff. The cream blushes contain a bunch of ingredients that would appear to be bad news on oily skin. I've tried Frangipani and that faded in about an hour. This shade- Dahlia- lasts all day. In fact, I often overapply in my forgetfulness that this formulation is definitely different than the other Becca cream blushes I've tried. The color is brickish paprikia, and it's stunning on my doesnt-look-so-hot in pink, plum, red or orange odd-ball colored complexion (closest match is MAC NC35). I don't dig the packaging, especially with the glue schmutz showing from underneath the hubcap thing. And it's really pricey. OTOH, it should last a long time. Still not as good as Armani cream blushes, but close. And, I like that these new shades by Becca have no shimmer whereas all of Armani's do. I think I'm gonna splurge on Hyacinth next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2004 9:19:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

Dahlia is pretty ugly in the pan. A dark brick red with brown undertones. I was like "Yuck". However, on it is absolutely stunning. Came out like a natural coral with a hint of red on me. Looks really beautiful with my NC30 olive coloring. Definately not a lot of pink in this which i like. I was really surprised it had a coral warm tone to it cause it doesnt look like it. A little goes a long way, just need a dab on my PD cream cheek brush and it goes on smoothly. I love this blush and i am so glad i picked up this shade!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2004 8:08:00 AM More reviews by DianeB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is really dramatic, as Groovynub mentions below, a redwood that can go on very sheer. Of course, there's a new cream blush brush to go with the new colors ($42), and it works very well but fingers are still cheaper and easier to use. I like mixing this with a liquid gold shimmer to tone down the color but liven up the face. You could probably use the SSP in Pearl or Gold, I'm using my Stephane Marais Gold Luminizer and I really like the effect.

And as an added bonus, the new sheers, including this one, can also be used for lips as well as face. :)