October 26, 2014 | 1054 users online

Pressed Powders - Johnson & Johnson - Pure Essentials Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by pb84

Edit: After 5 days use, this one definitely breaks me out :(
So, won't recommend with very oily _ acne prone skin.
It even breaks me out where i don't apply it directly :(
Can anyone recommend me a talc free powder and it won't break me out?

Well, I started used this since ...yesterday :) and I guess I'm going to stick with it for a long time if nothing goes wrong.
I never seen this in Vietnam, and I'm in an oil control sensitive acne prone skin crisis. So I went of to Guardian in Malaysia - KL and bought the mini size, which in pink shade.
Thanks God I did not get the white, even they claim it's translucent but my experience said no no. I have dark tan Asian skin tone, and this product doesn't make my face ghostly white, but it did brighten me a little - which I don't even need it to.
Due to the color reason, I dab this on my skin a very very thin layer. And I have to retouch every 2-3 hours due to very oily skin type. It works wonder in absorbing the oil.
Packing for the mini is not that great. a puff and a cheap plastic case but for the money I don't expect anything more than it. The quality is enough to make me happy.
I don't make up at all, so if you use this like I do, put it directly on your face, make sure you don't have any flaky skin or it would stand out badly :) better put some moisturizer you are comfortable with then put this on.
Bottom line, if it's going to work in coming weeks, this is a God send for me. I'll update after 2 week. Crossing my fingers.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by niahana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

no joke, this is cheaper than my Minute Maid! and whats more? its a great product that blends with my bb cream really well. the pressed powder does everything what it said; control shine and absorbs excess oil. what i like the most is that the pressed powder doesnt break me out and have those nice baby smell... it makes my makeup matte and looks so natural on me! honestly, i look even more radiant and pretty with this product. however it doesnt have that much coverage to begin with and i need my concealer to cover all those imperfections.. but meh, i dont mind because with my maybelline concealer, skin79 bb cream and this cute-packing pressed powder, they just do wonders and magic for me! alright, i have no complaints for this.. even though its cheap and very - and i mean it VERY - affordable, its the best pressed powder i ever have in comparison with those expensive and pricey compact powders that does nothing - other than giving me good coverage - but worsen my whole face :(

Repurchase? OH HELL YEAH!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This brings back so many memories! I don't know if you would consider this as a makeup item, but I remember using this waaaay back in 3rd or 4th grade. I have dry skin so I don't know if using this really made any difference but it did mattify my skin throughout the afternoon.
Now I use an HD powder to set my makeup and touch up throughout the day, which obviously does a much better job than this.
But to those not really wanting to use anything heavy or expensive, this will probably do.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by polemonium

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is indeed a remarkable finishing powder--takes the shine right off! The 'white' coloring is no color at all, really; it's just like J&J's pure talcum powder, but in a compact form. It also has that characteristic baby scent, which I could personally do without, but as scents go, it's not bad at all.

The product does seem to be available in the US, under the newish name (?) of Johnson's 'Fresh and Smooth Face Powder.' It comes in a white compact with pink trim. Doing a google search of that product name shows you can get it through Amazon and a number of other online sellers (many of them Asian markets). I just bought mine from some market in the Philippines, and the delivery to the US was incredibly fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Mandyboo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would also love to know where to buy this! I'm betting it's not available in Canada though...which would be my luck :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by lovetoshop31

Where can you buy this product?!?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used to use this and had hit pan on 3-4 of these. This is dirt cheap. I got this in the pink and white packaging, so the compact case has got both colors, it comes with a puff and a mirror. The powder cake is white in color but applies translucently. I think this product is amazing, it soaks up oil like a super sponge and my skin gradually became softer with regular use. I used to use this alone, it doesnt leave me looking like Morticia Adams, but brightens my face a lil. This doesnt break me out also. The smell is divine! Like a sweet smelling-baby..would definitely repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 3:50:00 AM More reviews by Ericoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite face powders. I really wish they sell these in regular stores but I only get them in Filipino supermarkets. This particular face powder targets people with oily faces. I was sketchy about using this but I saw an improvement in my face in a couple days. My face looked brighter/healthier and even and not much break outs. It does not clog your pores like other face powders. I got this powder in white (there are other shades besides white) but it doesn't make you look gothic white. Its transparent so it just blends into your skin and even suck up the oil :] And not to mention it has that nice baby powder smell that I love ^_^ If you have an oily face and cannot find a good face powder and is prone to acne you might want to try this out. I would definitely buy this again!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by fatinfasihah

well, i got these in white. i am more on the light skin tone. and the powder really feels light, as if you got nothing on ur face. which is good. doesnt clog pores, get rids of my pimples and blackheads in a week. and it has SPF too, but i dont really rely on it so i put on sunscreen as well before i go out. i hate the sponge that goes with the compact but i bought a new one at the drugstore. so overall, it is good. i used to wear revlon compact powder but it worsen my skin. johnson's face powder really is the best compact powder for me so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2010 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Susie31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

does make skin more oily,oil rebound..BUT doesnt break me out and makes me look YOUNGER (maybe the extra oil)
and it sets makeup perfectly which is why I use it!
without darkening te makeup! or adding color, which is the whole point for me
I get it in WHITE it is translucent NOT gothic...very hard to find a light enough powder for PPP pale girls, this is it! I even bought light blue! no it doesnt make face blue!
light blue is a whiter white,thats all....no blue tint to face... just a perfect look.
highly recommended. about $11 each for a 10 gram compact,average drugstore price.
look smoother younger and CLEANER glowing.