Yves Saint Laurent Teint Mat Purete

3.1

on 2/8/2012 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am surprised by the bad reviews for this because it works great on my skin. It is a tad hard to blend but if you don't use too much at once it works well. I can't stand foundation because it usually feels heavy and greasy but you can barely feel this on and the medium coverage is great without looking too fake.

on 11/11/2010 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have been using seven different TMs and foundations this fall, and I find this is the best controlling oil, and colour #7 is very good. I'm NC20. Laura Mercier oil free TM is another fave.

on 11/18/2008 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Is not a good foundation at all!! Does not blend nicely at all. is left on the skin in patches. Offers limited covering. Feels thick. Is strong scented. Not recommended at all.

on 9/9/2008 11:20:00 PM

I really don't like this product for 2 reasons 1) the color 2) it makes me really shiney-how ironic
Ok the colors are odd imo, I'm sure some people will be able to get a match but they just don't appear to come in a variety of beautiful neutral shades, which they should for the price. For me I was kind of torn between #6and #7-btw they numbers are very confusing they don't run light to dark or dark to light they, are all over the place. I'm about NW20 in Mac, I have light skin so if something doesn't match it will be more obvious which is what happened here. #6 was too dark, and #7 was too yellow for me. Second, I have combo leaning on normal skin my skin is rarely oily anymore and if it is it is in my t-zone. With this foundation I was SHINEY, I mean I looked greasey which is rare for me, even my co-worker said you are shining! I've used dewey foundations that are more matte than this matte foundation!
There is only one thing I like about this foundation and that is that it has grapfruit extract in it which the product claims to reduce blackheads, I usually have some on my nose and with this foundation they disappeared. It's a shame everything else is bad about it though. I bought this last year, so this review is actually for months ago and it has fragrance in it so I never would have even purchased it now as that is something I avoid. It seems a lot of designer cosmetics add fragrance. One last thing, I don't think the packaging the gold lid is tackey imo, I know that is just personal preference though...

on 8/25/2008 10:33:00 PM

The color 7 was good for me, for the first 2 hours it looks good and then it gets in my fine lines, it looks oily and the coverage is sheer. I don't think i will buy again because i need more coverage and if i want to add more i get orange circles on my face

on 8/14/2008 9:17:00 AM

When I first got this product I was really happy because I love all YSL products espacially of other experience with their mascaras,eyeliners and lipglosses. But this was one a huge disappointment, the texture was horrible and my skin felt kind of dirty and I hate that feeling that some foundations sometimes give me. Good colur though. And good fragrance but not a very good foundation.

on 5/21/2008 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really don't like this product. It made my face look far from smooth. It almost seemed like the color would spread out in blotches. I now have a mat luquid foundation from Chanel I'm happy with.

Also, foundation gets all over the side of the opening (and I'm conscious about try not to let that happen).

Plus I think the color my SA gave me is too dark.

on 3/30/2008 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very similar product with the ultra matte by dior.Low to medium coverage non powdery cosnistency.Has matte,but not dry matte but kinda satin-matte,finish.Quite pricey and smelly product.Average staying power,I think all the shades are yellow based.Its oil free non drying formula.This foundation keeps my face shine free for 3-5 hours.I like studio fix fluid more

on 9/28/2007 11:32:00 PM

I am NW20. Just tried Mat Purete for the first time today, and it's going pretty well. I am using #8, and it's a good color match, if a little yellow. The coverage is nice and medium. It didn't get greasy by 11am like some others. It didn't get powdery. The only drawbacks: it came off on my clothes a little more than I would have liked. And it didn't have the "glow" that the dior foundations have. But I like the smell, I like the coverage, all in all I think it's worth another try. It really strikes me as a nice everyday option.

on 4/2/2007 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was hoping that this would by HG foundation for my over-40 still ever so oily skin type. This is ok, nothing spectacular. Mattifying properties aren't what they're cracked up to be although the color match (7) is perfect. But color #7 will be too light for me in about a month after I spend some time outdoors. Bottle is difficult to handle I find what with it being square. Pump is nice because you only get out what you need. Difficult to blend without a primer and you can't build it, once it dries it dries! But after a couple hours I'm shiny once again. For the money I won't repurchase. For someone a little less oily it would be a very nice foundation.