December 19, 2014 | 1473 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Translucent Face Powder-Fair

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 8:22:00 AM More reviews by smkmacca

My love for this is bordering on the ridiculous... First of all I love face powder, especially loose powder. Back when I was knee high to a grasshopper and started getting into makeup, loose powder has always been the one product I've really loved. Which has led me to buy countless brands and types. Some have been excellent and others... well... crap... I have more makeup sitting in drawers, cupboards, cases and baskets at home that i'll never be able to use in my lifetime.

Anyway, after being made redundant I found myself having to count the pennies and find cheaper alternatives... Which led me to a few chemist/drugstore finds that I now love and wish I hadn't wasted my money on expensive things that never get used now but whatever, I'll live. After reading much hype about Ben Nye Banana Powder I discovered there was in fact different shades and formulations available. After much research and liking what I read, after pricing around I ordered this in the 85gm size, the Bella Luxury Powder in Buff (fair/med skintone) and the Neutral Set in the 42gm size from Camera Ready Cosmetics. Now while I do love the Bella Powder in Buff, and fully expecting to love it more than the Fair Translucent Powder, I was surprised to fall hard for the translucent powder over the buff.

I apply this powder with the amazing Real Techniques Powder Brush and I love how this makes my skin look and feel. Its fair with a very subtle pink undertone which really brightens my face and blends my base to perfection and once its on it just looks better and better. It doesn't alter the colour of my base and keeps my blush intact all day and the colour true (using MAC Easy Manner at the minute). This makes my skin look perfected and so smooth, it stays on so well through the day and never looks powdery or caked on. I should say that I use the Neutral Set powder as a primer under my CC cream and a tiny bit on my nose and chin again when i'm finished my makeup and I love how it looks and lasts on my oily skin. This cost 5.35 for 85gms and just to put that into perspective 30gm of Chanel loose powder which was my go-to cost 32 !!!! It is talc based which I know some people have a problem with but I personally don't and has a lovely subtle powdery smell. Likewise, the packaging isn't a problem for me either as I just shake the powder into another loose powder lid when applying and the small sizes are great for travelling. Using this generously everyday now for the last two months has barely made a dent in it either so it will last me a long time. I have now ordered the big 226gm jar of this for 16.99 so god only know how long that will last me, and the 42gm size for travelling as I never want to be without this powder now and honestly cant see me trying anything else in the near future. I am so happy with this powder. I would say try any Ben Nye powders in a shade suitable for you in a small size first and you wont be disappointed :) I've personally wasted far more money on products that don't hold a candle to this and i'm thrilled with them all. Big thumbs up from me. Enjoy :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Idunnomakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This came in a kit I bought for theatre, and it does its job. It keeps my makeup from moving or looking shiny, and between the thin=ck, cakey foundation and this chalky formula it keeps my face from sweating on stage. The packaging however looks slightly improfessional, like it was a travel container.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 5:26:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the powder that comes with all the personal kits (except for the dark ones). It did alter the shade of my foundation and make me look like I was an extra from the set of twilight. It did do a great job of setting my makeup and keeping it shine free and didn't dry out my skin. However the fact that it lightened my foundation and made me look overly powdery and white just make me not like it at all. (I am a P-45.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very good price considering how much you get in a bottle! The only downside is the packaging, it can get messy. I love how it sets my foundation and does not make my face look oily during mid day!

I also love my Motives Dual Powder!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I've been using this to set my foundation and the Ben Nye Visage powders for years. The main ingredient in both are talc however, so if you steer clear of talc, don't buy this. Other than that, it provides a literal flawless finish when buffed out with a kabuki brush. Fair is almost translucent with the faintest hint of cool in it but not enough to even notice. I use this, the Visage powder in Cameo, and Banana. Ben Nye powders are amazing. Not to mention, the price is unbeatable. You can get 3.5 oz for under 10 bucks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2005 3:06:00 AM More reviews by archgirl06

I love this stuff. I had to buy this for a drama production and now I use it for regular wear. It's very light (both color and texture) and goes on really effortlessly. My only complaint (and it shouldn't be, really) is that they fill up the jar too much so it's very easy to fill. I shouldn't be complaining about more product, but it gets a bit messy. Other, my HG powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2004 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Carolynbeck

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a wonderful powder from Ben Nye..even though I am Medium-colored..this works great b/c it is translucent & won't even matter...definitly 5 lippies & a wonderful price, especially when it is 50% off :)