August 20, 2014 | 1774 users online

Moisturizers - Mary Kay - Intense Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by kjbrandt

This is magic in a jar for my skin. I use the MK Timewise system, and after applying the TimeWise moisturizer, before bed, I apply this. I wake up with skin so soft and smooth, it seems like a miracle. I also apply to my neck and upper chest. My skin has never been smoother or clearer. Love it, and I told my friend the other day that it's my 'crack' in a jar. BTW, I am now a MK consultant since I've had such good luck with the products.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Esmerelda55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for two months, but it's just going to have to be a fail for me. I have very dry skin so thought this was made for my situation. It is SO THICK. I never thought I'd complain about a moisturizer being too thick. It's like trying to spread cream cheese on my face. I could live with that, but it also just does not ever sink in or absorb. No matter what I have put on under it.
I can't stand the feel of it under my makeup. I can feel it all day.
I also had some itchy face happening when I wore it under makeup for about a week.
So, I've used it only at night since then, but, sadly I give up on that.
I'll use the rest on my body.
I am bummed. I thought for sure I'd love it.
I like the jar! :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 4:57:00 AM More reviews by kpennock

Ok so I got this in a sample from my Mary Kay rep and I really wanted to like it but I just couldn't. My ankles and shoulders and arms were dry from winter so i was like well I will try it out on them because it is WAY too thick of a cream for my face. It is more like a body butter solid than a real cream.

So I start to put it on..and that begins why I am not a fan

1. It left a white cast unless I REALLY REALLY rubbed on it to get it to fade.
2. It left my skin shiny and greasy feeling.
3. It did not wear well ....it made my skin sweat and it literally felt like my arms were sweating out the moisturizer because it was a greasy sweat.
4. I didn't find that it moisturized that well anyways.
5. To cover 2 shoulders, 2 ankles and the back of one of my arms took the WHOLE .4oz sample ALL OF IT.....for the money it just doesn't go very far.

Now it DID smooth down my flakey skin on my one ankle and it does have a pleasant smell. However for 30 dollars it is NOT worth it by any means. I will not be purchasing the full size.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by jles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am pleasantly surprised with this product. I have very dry, very sensitive skin as well as rosacea and I didn't expect to be able to use this product. However, I was desperate for hydration and I know the company has a 100% product return guarantee so I took the plunge. Well...no itching, no burning, didn't exacerbate the redness, simply hydrated. I tend to use this only at night along with my other moisturizer as the jar recommends. It soothes and smooths my skin and helps it to feel and look much more hydrated. I can't speak for everyone with sensitive skin as we all may have sensitivties to different things but for me, this works. No fragrance either, that's a plus! It does tend to make me look a little "glowy" so that's why I tend to use only at night, but a light dusting of powder helped rectify that issue the one time I wore it during the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by erinjmt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This creamy moisturizer is a little too heavy for my skin type. It is nourishing, rich, and lovely for dry skin (my cheeks can get flaky so I spot treat my bad patches with this in the winter).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by sherrier

I used this for the first time this winter. I live in Iowa and we had a harsh winter but this stuff was terrific!! It kept my dry cheeks very soft and moisterized. It did not cause me to break out either. There is no harsh scent that makes my eyes water and burn. A little goes a long way so one tub was more than enough to get me thru the winter. It is too heavy for summer but for winter it was fantastic. I will use again next winter.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by pupster

The worst thing about this is the shimmer, not sure what that's about. I also find this blocks pores and is too heavy and greasy to wear under makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by makeupchick4586

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While I do say yes I will buy it again, I'm pretty sure I'll never have to. This stuff is so THICK & concentrated, you need ONLY I little tiny dab, the size of a pea, for your whole face. A lot of people say it sits on top of your skin::I'll tell you why. If you read the bottom of the jar, it says: Apply after daily moisturizer. It does not have the ability to sink into skin with nothing but alcohol based washes and toners. You MUST apply your regular face lotion first if you want this to work properly.
Also, the product packaging kinda sucks. I do like that I will probably be able to use the container for maybe a loose powder when it's all used up?? Yay for re-gifting! Lol. But it's pretty heavy for a little face product, and not the best for traveling! The smell isn't the best, but I have never noticed any smell before when applying it. I actually had to get up just now and smell it! Lol. I had recently found out an eyeshadow I was using was irritating the skin around my eyes, and so last night I decided to try a little bit of this cream under my eyes and outside eyelid. I woke up....my eyes feel great, soft, not tight at all! I may start using this every other night for that. Also, the skin on my forehead and beteen my eyebrows was so dry and flaky because I had a bad breakout and was applying lots of intense acne gels, so I tried this just last night and I woke up...no flakes! Feels soft and amazing. I love this stuff. Mine is the light pink one, it says "FOR DRY SKIN" on bottom. Not sure about the oil free one, I haven't tried it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

The few times I used this cream I developed very itchy skin all over my face. I could hardly stand it and had to wash it off after trying to just ignore it for a few hours. Torture. I also do not like the added shimmer in the cream. Pointless. I looked to this moisturizer as a relief to my dry skin issues during the cold weather. Not for a daytime shimmery look. I prefer the Oil free hydrating gel they offer. Will not purchase again. UPDATE: In order to use it up I just add a thin layer and spot treat rather than just all over my face. This past winter I had some dry patchy spots around my nose and mouth. This did help to get rid of the dryness. I still prefer the OFHG though over this though.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2010 12:12:00 AM More reviews by ohitsMB

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this product the other day and at first I loved it! It's getting colder where I live and my skin was starting to get a bit dry, so I started using it. I noticed it is a very thick cream, which if you have dry skin, is nice. But my skin gets oily in certain areas, so this isn't much help, but in the dry areas, it is great. The biggest downside about this product is the shimmers!!! The first time I used it I noticed my face was all sparkly. I thought it was because I had shimmery eyeshadow on that day, but after testing it out and examining for forever and then reading reviews to find that I wasn't crazy, it was the cream. I don't mind shimmers on my eyes, but I cannot STAND it on my face! So this is a biggg nono for me. If it weren't for the shimmers, I'd give this 5 lippies. But because of it, I just can't. If you don't mind being a big glitter ball, then this product is for you. But if you're like me and don't like shimmers all over your face, then I'd skip it. I'll probably finish off the tub, which is a nice size for the price--a little goes a long way, but I more than likely won't be repurchasing. I just wish they would tell you about the shimmers. Or maybe I should have just researched it more :|