April 16, 2014 | 2013 users online

Moisturizers - Mary Kay - Oil-free hydrating gel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

So far so good. It is definitely light, sinks in well, and leaves a silky feel on my skin making it a perfect base for my foundation. It doesn't cure me of the constant oiliness of my face, but reduces it tremendously. I would say I get about a good six hours without the oily slick look. Two things that bother me about this: No SPF and the chemical smell. Luckily the smell doesn't linger. This has been nice for the summer, but I'm not sure how it will hold up in the winter time when my skin gets a little bit dry. I will have to do an update at that time. Dimethicone is the second ingredient and so far I have not experienced any irritation or clogging which is good since my face is both oily and sensitive. This moisturizer comes in a plastic jar but I didn't receive any spatula for it so I always make sure to wash my hands before using. A tiny bit is needed and it spreads on the skin well. Would I buy again? Probably, but I would have to see how it does with the change of the seasons. Update: This started to clog me really bad when I used it daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Stellalaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Price: $50plus SGD. Packaging: would have been better if it was a pump or something bcos I'm afraid I'd contaminate it. Overall review: I love this product. I kept switching from Biotherm, Origins, Bioderma, Garnier, Laneige SK-II. U name it. But I still find this product overall the best. I have generally problem free skin. But I think this product generally works well & leaves the skin supple & smooth after application.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by sammraovich

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great moisturizer for oily skin. Only draw back is the packaging. This moisturizer has a lot of vitamins in it, which will become spoiled shortly after opening it and the air hits the product. Too bad. I wish Mary Kay would put it in an airless pump bottle. Then it'd be perfect. The way it is now, the sooner you go through it, the better the anti oxidants and vitamins will work on your skin. So don't let 9 months go by and you still haven't used it up yet. Try to get through it in 2 or 3 months for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Kaykay77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great in the winter when my skin is a little drier than usual.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by PetuniaCom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product! I have very stubborn skin. It likes to get dry, and flaky and red and all nasty. I've tried many many other moisturizers, but this one is spot on. You only have to use a tiny tiny bit, and it hydrates your face so well. The little paddle that comes with it makes up for the container, so I doubt it's anything to worry about. The only thing I'm worried about is the lack of SPF, but if it keeps my skin tame, then it's all good in my book!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by glam88

I just love this hydrating gel its very light weight and smooth my skin also smells great. Only concern i have NO SPF in it i wish in future they can add spf to this product cause this is only moisture fits my skin so good. I have tried so many daytime moisture but nothing feels like this gel. i recommend this product to people with combination and oily skin its worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by erinjmt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this product. I have sensitive combination-oily skin and this gel moisturizer is perfectly light, long lasting, and very soothing. My go-to summer product for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by mnevenzel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is the best! It's lightweight but still gives me the moisture I need. Makes my skin super soft. I use it with Clinique #2 face wash and a little round manual exfoliation brush and my skin has never been better! Does not sting my eyes at all but I have never had an issue with sensitive skin. I was surprised at how large the container was. This will probably last around 4-6 months so $30 for that is a steal. It also comes with this little flat spatula. Not sure the true purpose, but I use it to portion how much I'm using to get as many uses as possible out of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by facefabulous

Wow. This stuff is light and velvety and it glides smooth and soooo cool all over my face. Its fragrance free too! My skin breaks out with about any kind of oil and fragranced face cream. But this ,oisturizer is just perfect! It has this violet color and it is and it is silky yet feels light! I was deciding betwwen the lancome genifique, the murad essential c moisturzer, and the oke henriksensen sheer transforming cream. Then i tried the marry kay oil free hydrating gel. I fell in love with it,,, it soooo smooth goes on and disappears into my skin and it leaves this vibrant glow on my face! The texture of this is between a cream and gel..it's like silk gel! I forgot the rest of the others i was trying and have been using this may kay gel. I tried mary kay stuff before and did not feel differently about it until i got to is hydrating gel! I am hooked!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 7:58:00 AM More reviews by KarenPrescriptives

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is what I currently use, as it doesn't break me out and I find that most moisturizers do.
It does contain silicone oil but maybe in a form that is not acnegenic? (For me anyway)
This product is comforting to apply, wonderfully light and leaves my skin feeling refreshed and quenched.
I have combination acne prone skin.
The packaging while not too bad, could be improved. The trial size are great though, in a soft plastic tube. I keep one of these in my handbag for use on the go.
Price is a bit higher than many but the tub seems to last a while.
I have already repurchased.
If you are oily or combo and acne prone I would say give this moisturizer a go.
If they discontinued this product I would cry!