Boucheron Trouble

3.9

on 9/21/2014 5:32:00 PM

Gorgeous, sexy, all grown up evening scent. Romantic wear only, people, please!! Unique, strong and simply stunning. Most suitable for cold weather and snuggling. Sultry and exotic, most aptly named. Not for the timid, it makes a statement. I will always want this in my arsenal.

on 7/7/2013 6:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Boucheron Trouble has been out since 2004. More than enough time, sadly, for it to be discontinued. I’ve loved it for a long while and even though I hate reviewing a scent that might be hard for some folks to obtain, you can still find some bottles kicking around ebay and discount sites. I suggest you stock up while you can if you love it, though, because there isn’t nearly as much available as I saw even two years ago.
Disclaimers aside, let’s sniff. First off, this is one sultry fragrance. It’s clear where the Trouble in the name comes from – it’s all the trouble this scent may get you into. There is the ubiquitous – but in this case outstandingly rendered – citrus top note blending into a jasmine heart. The jasmine is kickass, too. Not too green, not too indolic, and not too sweet. Why? Well, it’s blended with a woodsy amber melange that is light enough to rough the flower up a tad rather than run roughshod over it. Blended is the key word. Trouble does not morph much on my skin. What you sniff is what you get for hours into the drydown. It’s because the notes are so well-blended into this gloriously sexy mix that I can only just pick them out. Yes, this Boucheron is Trouble.

on 6/18/2013 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Trouble is a murky blend of jasmine, woody/floral amber, and vanilla. While the effect is no doubt intended to be sexy, the actual result is somewhat flat and indistinct. Its starts off with a fresh jasmine with facets of mimosa, lemon, and perhaps a hint of tuberose on a thick background of woody/floral amber. As the jasmine recedes, the vanilla beings to come out, sweet but not particularly foody. The dry down is more of the same: the amber and the vanilla.

Trouble has some similarities with another one of Jacques Cavallier's creations, Cinema. But where Cinema is sunny and sweet tempered, Trouble is more dull. That is not to say that Trouble is a bad fragrance... it's just not a great one.

on 3/13/2013 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I can't say enough good things about this fragrance. It is seriously one of my signature scents. The fragrance lasts and lasts and smells better as the day goes on. While suitable for day, save this one for night. It's warm, alluring and mysterious. It reminds me of something the good/bad girl would wear in a 1940's film noir movie.

Trust me people will ask what you are wearing when they smell this on you and when you tell them it's called "Trouble" they will give you a knowing smile and you can give a sexy smirk right back.

My only complaint...it's been discontinued. :(

on 12/18/2012 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I went for a blind buy of the 15ml edp based on the reviews here and you ladies did not disappoint. On my skin it is a warm, cozy (powdery) vanilla with a soft (maybe white) amber-incense touch and sweetened with creamy jasmine (i dont get sugar sweet). I don't get much from the lemon but maybe that's what keeps it "fresh". Nor do I get any cedar (thank God) It reminds me of a classic florental and very much "my type" of oriental. I can see why some would choose this as a signature. I think its lovely and I'm glad I have it in my wardrobe!

on 7/7/2012 2:03:00 PM

This and Givenchy's Ange ou Demon are my all time favourites. Ange ou Demon for day mostly and Trouble for night. Trouble works for me in a big way, my husband loves it and so do any other males that get within a smelling sphere. Its strong, sexy & slightly masculine which kinda gives it that edge. I like it because it has some punch, it says i'm here, smell me, approach me if you have the kahunas for it.

on 4/19/2012 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I work at a store that sells discontinued and rare fragrances. I just sold my last bottle of boucheron trouble and my awesome customer gave me a very generous spritz on each arm even though she says she cannot find it anywhere!

I am floored by how divine this is on the skin and on fabric. It is slightly indolic but not rank like shalimar or obsession. The jasmine adds depth to a beautiful, warm, rose based floral without smelling like a public bathroom. There is a slight sweetness to it that brings a bit of youth without taking away from the very womanly, sophistocated character of this scent.

I wrote "yes" for repurchase even as it is discontinued. I would get if if I could for special occasions! I would wear it all the time if it weren't so rare.

on 3/9/2012 11:35:00 AM

I first sniffed this in a department store a couple of years back and it really intrigued me. Cue a few years later and I ordered myself a bottle online. Oh dear :-( I had high hopes for this but I just can't get past that odd citrus note. It really reminds me of lemony raw cake mix but not in a good way, it is just a bit cloying. It is kind of a powdery lemon vanilla bomb but it smells as if the notes just don't blend. This certainly doesn't live up to its name, as 'Trouble' makes it sounds as though it should be sexy and alluring but actually it is inbetween a day and evening fragrance and quite strange to boot. Might work really well on some but not for me.

on 3/22/2011 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't have it, but I'm crazy about getting one!!
This is one of the best perfumes I've ever tried in my life. Seriously. Smells like sexyness, love...it's just perfect.
So sad I can't find it in Brazil very easily :(
and if I find, it's just way too expensive

on 10/22/2010 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

WOW! just wow! I got this for $5 after gift certficates on amazon. I got the 0.50 fl. oz. of the limited ed parfum and i am in serious lust with myself right now.........this is so sexy and warm and like previous reviewers said just a classy vanilla bourbon scent and i am NOT into gourmands. i am a floriental/oriental/chypre chick and this is definitely a SUPER find! I am going back to buy more of this.

Popular Fragrances