October 31, 2014 | 1536 users online

Styling Products - TiGi - Catwalk Root Boost

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a deluxe sample of this to try out in a beauty bag. My first impression was WOW! This really works great on my fine, limp hair. But as I continued to use it -- the wow factor wore off. I tried other products that actually worked and were successful while this left my hair feeling like I just put mousse at the roots. I do still use it, since I want to finish it off, and it gives me a very subtle something in my hair, but nothing like other products I've tried since then. So, maybe this would work better for thicker hair, but for my fine hair? Didn't do a whole lot.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by yatnil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have to say that I really love this product. My hair is fine but I have A LOT. Surprisingly, this root booster is one of the few products I've tried that actually creates tons of volume in my hair. The biggest downside to this is that it does leave a sticky type feel in my hair but it's worth it for all the volume! I would definitely repurchase. Price wasn't really an issue because I got this at ulta on promotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by GrayDays

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have waist length hair that is more limp than cooked spaghetti. I have used root boost for years and love it. It really adds body for me. It's never been tacky or sticky or unbrushable. I'm on my 5th or 6th can. I don't have reason to do my hair often, but when I do, I always use this on the roots (then blow dry upside down). I find using root boost and aveda phomollient together is a perfect combo to give my massive body and thickness. I must add, however, that after I blow dry and flat iron, I rub a tad of cornstarch on the roots for extra thickness. I've been doing this for like 20 years and my hair stays looking awesome for close to 5 days. I am experimenting with some new products I found at TJMaxx on sale recently just for fun. But I know ill come back to my root boost/aveda/corn starch combo. And FYI- Walmart has the RB super cheap, about $12.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by Mereleigh

Amazing. Expensive to me, because I don't spend much on my hair. I am more of a drugstore hair product type of girl. However, I wanted my cowlick and fly-always in the front to blend in with the rest of my hair, and I wanted volume, without stickiness or residue. I saw this and thought, well this is just mousse. No. No. No. I don't know really how it works, but it is freaking amazing. I spray this directly on my roots, like the directions say to do, and blow dry. My hair is volumized, not sticky, it is soft, and holds the volume. It works, unlike every other root boosting stuff I have tried. Bottom line- it is worth it, because it actually does exactly what it claims to do. It is the one pricey hair product I don't want to be without, now that I see how much better my hair looks after I use it. Fine-haired people will understand!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by eskimo122

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had been using bigsexyhair root pump plus but was getting fed up with the sticky texture it left on my roots. my hairstylist suggested tigi root boost so i decided to give it a try. i was skeptical at the super light airy texture of this product, but i am actually pretty impressed. i apply a liberal amount to the roots of my fine, limp hair and blow dry upside-down. with this product i feel like i get the volume without the sticky feeling in my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by amberlady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is just meh. I'm never impressed with products that say they'll add volume and this product is no different. I don't feel it did anything at all really, except maybe make my roots look a little dirty. My hair was pretty much stuck to my head, the opposite of what I want so I won't be repurchasing or even using the rest of this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 6:22:00 AM More reviews by ckn23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried a million root boosters out there, and this one is as good as any other one has been. However, I still have mixed feelings. I feel like there should be a root lifter out there that can give me impressive volume and body for at least a whole day - now, I might be asking for a lot, but this is what I am on the search for.

A 10 being VS model hair volume, and 1 being flat hair - this product gives me a 6 to begin with, and at the end of the day I come home to a 3. Unfortunately, this is the best I have gotten with other products too (Matrix root boost was similar, and others were worse). Still worth it, but may keep looking for something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by bluemymind99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this to give my fine, limp hair volume, that it also provides much-needed texture is a bonus. I spray this onto the roots all along the crown of my hair and down my center part. Even if I don't blow dry my hair (letting it be its wavy self), Root Boost will keep it volumized all day. If I blow dry it straight, I'll comb the product from the crown throughout the rest of my hair, and after blow drying and flat ironing it will stay straight and perfect all day, with just the right amount of volume and texture. It's worth noting that Root Boost is one of the few aerosol sprays I've come across that does not contain alcohol, which is soooo very bad for your hair.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by robotloove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Good for messy, volumized looks. Gives a good boost of volume, but can fall flat fairly quickly for heavier hair. Also, the spray nozzle is a bit funky, if you spray in directly into your roots, you will almost undoubtedly use too much and end up sticky. As it is best for fine hair, I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Meluah

My hairdresser first used this on my hair when doing a blow dry. I have quite thick, long hair that I can do a lot with , but i was surprised how much volume this added during a blow dry. Bought it thinking I wouldn't be able to recreate but I can if I take my time.
For best results spray at roots when hair wet, I then blow dry my hair all over to one side, and then over the other side of my head as this lifts the roots anyway. Helps to use a large paddle brush.Then once blow dried if you are going to straighten/curl, leave a few inches at the top of ur head so the volume keeps. I would buy this again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No