Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

3.3

Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive: Alcohol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Capryloyl Glycine, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract, Cetyl Lactate, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Fragrance, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Laureth-7, Phenethyl Dimethicone , Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Polysorbate 20, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Sarcosine, SD Alcohol 40-B, Tetrasodium EDTA, Water

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I used this when I was younger, and I recently repurchased it because I had a cystic pimple on my chin and was in Wal Mart and needed something fast. Salicylic acid usually helps with those, and this seemed to do okay. It's not a miracle, but it does help as well as I remembered. What i did not remember was the smell. I mostly buy fragrance free, and after I use this I notice a strong perfumey smell that I don't care for. If the smell doesn't bother you, this is fairly solid.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Although it does not really reduce appearence of acne from 4 hours but it does really stop my acne from getting worse.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I like this product because it doesn't have much of a smell to it and while it doesn't necessarily clear pimples up overnight, it's good for stopping their growth before they get too large. I find that once I use it, the pimple in question will slowly begin to disappear. The tiny tube lasted forever... Maybe too long, because the product was so strong it caused the tube to disintegrate on the inside. I had to throw the last bit of product out because it had chunks in it. Not the best, but not the worst!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is an effective acne spot treatment. I have dry skin that only breaks out when I'm really stressed, I forget to wash my pillows/ makeup brushes, or it's that time of the month and I have hormonal acne. I will put this on the specific spots where a pimple is just starting to pop up and this stops it from turning into a volcano. If I have hormonal acne and my whole chin is breaking out, I'll put a *thin* layer on at night, let it sit for about 10 minutes, and then add my moisturizer on top. In the morning the redness is greatly reduced and any big, swollen whiteheads are smaller. This isn't a miracle worker- you can't put it on a giant pimple and expect it to be gone overnight (a product like that would get 5 stars). But if you put this on as a spot is popping up it definitely prevents it from getting to that stage. I've been buying this treatment since I was 12 and I will continue to repurchase.

I've been using this for a few months now and it really works for my acne! I got an allergic reaction from an overseas snack and I broke out like crazy and this was able to make the swelling(?) go away quickly (sometimes overnight, sometimes over the course of a few days). However it does cause some burning if you use it on a "fresh" or "open" pimple but it's completely normal. I don't like the packaging though. I've noticed that a new bottle is more effective possibly because the packaging allows a lot of air to go inside therefore maybe the product becomes oxidized? I'm not sure but I've been more cautious on how I close and the bottle making sure no excessive air goes in.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

If salicylic acid/BHA wirks for you, this would be a great spot treatment! I really just use it on spots and this dries them out nicely! Never forget to moisturize/exfoliate too!

I am baffled as to why there are so many negative reviews on this website. This product is a must-have for anyone with spot prone skin. You will see results overnight - less redness and reduction in bumps! The company itself has so much faith in this product that recently they have a new policy whereby if your skin does not improve within three days of use, you can get your money back!! Definitely worth trying, you will not be disappointed.

I'm looking for this again! I finished my first one. This really removes my whiteheads like no other, although it may tingle a bit, but it does contain salicylic acid, which tends to have that effect. I've had huge spots and after I wash my face and put a thin layer of this on my spots, it either disappears the next day or it gets smaller, and it is gone within 3 days at most. I feel like I'm cheating life with this wonderful product. After all, it does say that 100% of people saw clearer skin the next day.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

*Warning*
This product is horrible. I was looking for a quick treatment to help with acne. And this product burned my face VERY badly and the burn was 10x worse than the acne I orginally had. I never thought that this would happen to me and it did. So please be careful if you choose to use this product. I highly advise that you DON'T use this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

PROS:
- none

CONS:
- largely did not work
- there might be an ever slight reduction in the size of my pimples when I first put this on, but after a couple days of using this, there is no effect.
-dries out your skin