November 28, 2014 | 1207 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clean & Clear - Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by juliacouture

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an average working product. I feel like it'll take away some of my zits but not all of them, which is unfortunate, because I really wanted to fall in love with this product. Some zits really do get eliminated because of this product, but others don't, like the bigger ones. Also, I must warn you, due to the amount of salicylic acid in this product, THIS WILL STING SO BADLY. For the first thirty or so seconds it will be extremely painful. The pricing isn't bad, about 5 or 6 dollars at Target, which is not a lot for spot treatments. The packaging is very convenient. It's just like toothpaste, you squeeze out as much as you need. However, I would buy this product again. It's very intimidating towards those small zits that you honestly don't want to deal with, but I wouldn't trust it with any huge zits, it won't work as much and it will sting more on application.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 7:23:00 AM More reviews by alywesney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! This product costs $6.27 for a 0.75 Fl Oz bottle which I think is pretty cost efficient compared to other acne spot treatments.It is an oil-free product which is great and it does not dry out your skin whatsoever. I have fairly sensitive skin and it works just fine for me.
I have never had a lot of acne so I cannot say how it would work for large areas of acne, I just get a few spots every once in awhile. It really helps to get rid of acne before it grows into a big, red pimple. I try to use it whenever I can feel a breakout coming along and I've saw a tremendous difference in the amount of time it takes to clear up compared to other products.

On the tube it says to cleanse the face and then apply the medicine, and apply a thin layer three times daily. Now I do apply it after I wash my face at night time, but any other time I use it I don't clean my face first and it still works great for me.

It is a foggy, clear product and it's fairly smooth and absorbs in the skin great and you can easily apply make up after applying it with no difference. I'm not crazy about the smell but it definetlly doesn't smell bad, it just smells like medicine.

Overall, I love this product! IT clears up my breakouts and seems to shorten the life of future breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

Ehhh. This spot treatment is just okay. It doesn't really minimize my pimples. I am not very impressed with it. It makes my skin really flakey. I'll stick with tea tree oil for my pimples.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by cgarcia5

I'm so happy I purchased this product! It really does dry out your pimples and reduces the redness and size. This will always stay in my makeup bag!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by niahana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My skin cannot literally survive without having this baby! I just put it on my affected area at night and the next morning, I can see it visibly and impressively reduced. Few days later - pimple gone! It contains salicylic acid (2%) so it's good to diminish the scars and it did for me! I even put them on certain spots where I usually have acne for future precaution and goodness, it's seriously like magic! Furthermore, the packaging is nice and hygienic and the price - oh my god - it's super cheap, affordable and you can literally find it everywhere! It's such an old-school product and I can say that I'm a bit put out that I didn't find this product sooner when my acne is less severe but that's okay, it's better later than never, right? 😁

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 3:47:00 AM More reviews by elizafitzgerald

Used this product for a while now.

This stuff is great, put it on about 3 times in the last 24 hours and pimples have significantly reduced. I think they'll even be gone by the weekend!!

From reading other reviews though, I get the impression that this really is a treatment for people who get stand-alone pimples and occasional spots - not for acne so to speak.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by Sue90114

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product didn't work for me after giving it a go and realised it did nothing to improve my acne as my skin is sensitive, it more or less just irritated causing more breakouts. I'm sticking to a product that I've discovered and it working miracles on my skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is a must have. unlike persagel (has hydroen peroxide) this has salycilic acid at 2%.
If you have a nasty pimple today by tomorrow its 70% gone. it blows mimind I did not dicover this 20 years ago! when in doubt get this and either a kojic based soap or the equate brand 10% hydrogen peroxide facial soap. you will have super clear skin in 3 days..... HG stuff get it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Callmecorrina

Holy grail item right now! 2 months ago i began suffering huge, cystic, painful acne on the forehead area, i have never suffered this before so i had no idea how to deal with it. I tried natural remedies like honey & aloe vera then medicinal cream with salicylic acid. Even my charcoal masks were not working. After putting this on right after toner, i woke up the next morning to my acne noticeably smaller. They also became less painful & less red. It was the ONLY product that showed results and FAST. I put this on twice a day on my pimples, & although it is not a miracle product (in no way does it clear up acne in one night) it has helped heal my current acne and prevent new acne from arising. Of course once a month, i get the hormonal ones thanks to my monthly gift, but for the few months i have been using this I have no suffered a bad breakout or painful pimple. I love this because it is not over drying, perfect for any skin types. It does have a medicine like smell by the way. The tube is great, you get the precise amount you need/ want & it will last you forever because you really only need less than a pea size. It also wallet friendly to my fellow students out there who are on a budget. Great product & acne solution. I recommend it to everyone suffering acne.

Update 9/7/14: STILL MY HOLYGRAIL ACNE PRODUCT!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by adavi0140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am on my second tube of this and am surprised to say I like it! It does have alcohol in it, kind of high on the list, so for those sensitive to alcohol, I'd avoid this. But it works fairly well for me. I apply a small amount to individual zits(the red under the skin or small whiteheads kind) and it helps keep them from turning into the monster whiteheads I had before. Stings a bit but doesn't worsen the redness for me. Helps to clear my spots far quicker than they used to.