July 29, 2014 | 1903 users online

Shampoo - TRESemme - Vitamin E Moisture Rich Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

This is the BEST shampoo I have ever used for improving volume and manageability. I had tried this moisture rich shampoo years ago but because my scalp tends to be oily I didn't care for the "heavy" moisturizers that never really seemed to allow for the removal of styling product buildup. I recently picked this up again because my hair is dry from coloring, and all I can say is "Wow!". I've been using a hairdryer brush for years to keep my hair from turning out at the ends, which it tends to do because it is wavy with a mind of its own. A week ago I used this shampoo and had the best "hair day" in years. My hair has always had the annoying habit of clumping together on the bangs and becoming somewhat stringy near the neck. No product ever solved the problem conditioner, hairspray, mousse, gel, you name it. But none of that happened after I used this shampoo, and may hair continued to look freshly styled the entire day.

The closest I ever came to having "perfect" hair was when Freeman made their Surf's Up Curl Enhancing Spray (which, of course, they discontinued). After using this TRESemme Vitamin E Moisture Rich Shampoo for the first time in over two years, I chalked up my great hair day to a fluke. The next day I went back to my regular variety only to have a bad hair day. Upon giving this TRESemme Vitamin E Moisture Rich Shampoo another try, my hair became not only softer with fewer flyaway strands but when I used my roller brush/hairdryer it curled effortlessly and actually held the shape ALL DAY. (In spite of having wavy hair, my hair typically won't hold a curl.) I can't explain how this shampoo has done more for my hair than any other product I've tried but it has. I learned a long time ago not to weigh my hair down with a lot of products and to even to be sparing with conditioners because they can leave behind a buildup that results in limp and lifeless locks. Because of the moisture content in this shampoo, however, it is like using a shampoo/conditioner in one; I don't need anything else to deal with the dryness that began after I had it colored. I've used other TRESemme shampoos and have never been particularly impressed. But I'm sold, sold, sold on this Vitamin E Moisture Rich Shampoo. I hope this variety will never be discontinued or reformulated.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by nerdwriter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The new formula does leave my hair softer and more manageable than the older two versions but now my hair is falling out. Not just my hair but my mother's hair as well. As time goes on, the Tresemme products (we've tried a couple of products) just keep doing more and more damage to otherwise healthy scalps. We won't be buying, or even finishing the bottle, anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Short Term Review:

I believe this is the "NEW" version because it is a milky/pearl color and not clear. This has a lovely scent of hard-candy watermelon, very much like a "Jolly Rancher". This suds up quite nicely, too. I had really oily hair the day I used it (I was on day 3 hair...a previous shampoo had super stripped my hair and I was trying to get some of the natural oils to nourish it) so I had to shampoo twice, but it didn't cause any irritation. My hair felt decently clean, not stripped, not under cleaned, just perfect. I also really enjoyed the conditioner that came with this, it made my hair VERY soft. Like I said previously, I was using some "sulfate free" shampoos that ended up drying out my hair and for a while it had been a pain to brush through, style, ANYTHING, but after using these my hair is incredibly soft. Hasn't been this pretty in a while. So far, I love it!

Edit: Although I still love this shampoo, I have to say that I wouldn't buy it again because it started to strip the color from my hair (as, I guess, most SLS based shampoos do). This does NOT claim to protect color treated hair, so I didn't dock it any points.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by glanda

It's just a shampoo... Nothing special, but based on it's price, I cannot ask for more. One can last me for more than one year, since it's too big~~ it dries out my hair a little bit, yet acceptable, since I use conditioner after it. Also, it's my cheap makeup brush wash... As a brush wash, it does a good job.

Because the bottle is too huge, I don't think I would repurchase in a short time. Maybe some day in the future...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by emmjaepenniman

I bought the trial size of this shampoo and after about 2 months (I wash my relaxed hair weekly with a few exceptions of me using a 'clarifying' shampoo) and now I'm almost done with it. The scent is nice (oh la la...:-)). It lathers well. And most importantly, it does make my hair feel very soft. I definitely see myself buying this again in a larger size and I do plan on trying out the matching conditioner.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by roxycat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OK drugstore shampoo. Nothing amazing. Smells good. Probably would only repurchase if in a pinch.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by candyintheeyes

I bought a 500ml shampoo with the matching conditioner. I used the salon smooth conditioner a few years ago, but the result is so-so and not very smooth like I have my hair done in salon (as claimed TREsemme as their philosophy printed at the bottle). My asian type of hair is more to 2b type with a bit of natural curl and it tangles and tenses to be very dry. Vitamin E is good for dry hair which has split end problem (both in preventing it from getting worse and healing). After a few use of this shampoo and conditioner, it makes my hair very smooth and sleek when my hair is wet. But after blow dried my hair, my hair tangles a bit at hair end and there is still some frizz in the middle part of my hair. My hair still detangles the next day and both the shampoo and conditioner do not solve my bad hair day. :( it feels like dry hay. Most probably will not repurchase this brand anymore because of my past and present experience with the shampoo, conditioner and serum.The caps for both the shampoo and conditioner are so hard to press and the content will spit out when it is press-opened! I use the tresemme cashmere touch nourishing serum which has quite a high rating in MUA, but unfortunately, it just does not work that well on my hair. I will definitely give it a pass.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by pilgyo

Bring back the old formulation! - Shampoo used to be opaque with awesome ingredients-now it is now a Pearlescent creamy color and just does not work. Scalp's oilier and there's build-up which makes my hair feel heavy and uncomfortable.

Absolutely LOVED the older version of this shampoo...used everyday and made my hair feel super clean, soft, light, great scent... everything I want in a daily shampoo.

So sad when brands compromise quality of ingredients thinking their loyal consumers won't realize.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by jegeriufane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I WILL NEVER BUY THIS AGAIN. Lost half of my hair using this! It also makes your hair heavy and oily very fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by faithinhim

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This moisturizing shampoo is without a doubt the best shampoo I have ever tried, including salon products. My hair is normally very healthy but has gone through a hard period for about three months, it was dry and overprocessed and after one time of using this shampoo with the matching conditioner, my hair felt very soft and silky, but not weighed down, it looked shiny and healthy and restored The only other over the counter shampoo that even came close to being as good was Neutrogena triple moisture cream lather shampoo, but it's a lot more expensive. The scent of this shampoo was fresh, not overpowering. Overall, this is a excellent shampoo and I believe would benefit any hair type because it moisturizes, but does not weigh down.