October 1, 2014 | 1818 users online

Tools - Conair - The Facial Spa Steamer

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Aritzia

I had this lying around the house for years, my mom was the only one using it. I broke out really badly one time and my mom recommended this, so I tried it because I was desperate. You can automatically tell the difference after just one use and your skin looks so much nicer and clearer! I have been doing this twice a day (at morning and night) and then I would apply an egg white mask. One lippie off though because actually burns my skin because the steam would be so strong.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by monimarie88

I just bought this product about 2 weeks ago and I love how smooth it leaves my face. I usually use it like 2X a week because I exfoliate with the round brush and I don't want to over do it on my skin. I got mine online at walmart.com and it was only 20 dollars after shipping! For the price it was worth it. My face feels so smooth. Although a few negatives would be that the part to put your face in is kinda small and doesn't fit your whole head, so you have to rotate your face. It's fun to ues too.. I recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by ADELANOVAL

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for something like this for a long time, but was never ever to get one so cheap! I wanted a rotating facial brush, and a personal sinus steamer for the winter colds and found it at Waltmart!

Now you can practically find it anywhere: Amazon, Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, Ulta, Walmart, etc.

Give yourself a facial in the comfort of your own home with this Conair facial spa. The wide facial cone uses gentle steam to open clogged pores and rejuvenate skin. The narrow sinus cone was designed to help clear nasal and sinus passages to aid in respiratory therapy. Also features a timer, automatic shutoff and a water cylinder for easy and accurate filling.

It has dual facial sauna cones:
A wide facial steamer and narrow sinus cone. The facial brush tool comes with 2 attachments:
A gentle exfoliating brush and a sponge for applying moisturizer.

It is used for: Acne, Wrinkles, Oily Skin, Deep Hydration, Purifying, Pore Cleansing.

One thing I noticed is that the water reservoir runs out of water quickly.
I only wish it had a rubber and/or plastic wrapt around cover to keep dust away from the sauna cones, when not in use.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2010 3:08:00 AM More reviews by billie999

This is a fine facial steamer. Pretty easy to use, and it is a hell of a lot easier than waiting for water to boil.

With that said, I have a complaint. My problem areas were along my cheekbones, and the part you put your face in DOESN'T reach there. Your whole face will not fit into that thing unless you have a shrunken head. I had to keep turning my face left, right, then back in the middle just for it to steam my whole face.

When it comes to quickness, easy clean up, and convenience this product the better choice. Plus it's not really expensive. However I must admit, when it comes to a better facial steam....boiling a pot of water would be the better choice. It gives you more steam, and it steams your ENTIRE face including your neck. This is too small to do that.

I won't be buying it again, but I don't regret purchasing it. I'm too impatient to wait for water to boil on the stove so I use this....even though I know the good old fashion pot of boiling water would work better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2009 1:42:00 AM More reviews by smartie26

Well, I received this at a family reunion where we had a silent auction to raise money for these scrapbooks that we got to take home. I got it for free (my Dad paid for it.. thanks Dad!!).

I've been using it once a week on my face right before I apply a clay or sulpher mask (I'm about to purchase that Aztek mask btw - I noticed somebody else commented about it!). I use the little microdermabrasion brush every night with a foaming cleanser and to exfoliate my skin and I can't believe I ever lived without it. I love both products and I have seem an improvement in my skin. I am also using Paula's Choice 2% BHA so much applause goes to that product as well, but this steamer + brush are the icing on the cake.

My only complaint is that the facial piece for the steamer is a bit too small for my boyfriend to steam his whole face. It needs to be a tad bigger I think.. He loves this product too, by the way! =]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Ceci2468

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had mine for a few years. My son (age 15) and I both love using it. It's very therapeutic and relaxing. I use it when I'm doing my Aztec healing mask or OCM. Love using it and it feels like I'm pampering myself (spa at home). Very inexpensive. I'd buy it again. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2008 1:33:00 PM More reviews by cerecita

Don't waste your money on this!

before I bought this I just boiled water from the kettle and poured it in a bowl and thats how i steamed my face...

AND I GOT MORE STEAM FROM THAT^
..then This Product!

this is disappointing...not enough steam for me!

just stick to the simple way,....boiling water from the stove!...pour in a big bowl and cover head with a towel..its soooo much better and it really clears up your skin...

with this....the place where u put ur face is too small..and NO i don't even have a big head..
NOT. ENOUGH. STEAM!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 11:17:00 AM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've owned 3 of these in my lifetime.

The first broke after about a year and 4x/week usage. I thought it was just bad luck.

My second, my sister took from me and found that it stopped working as well after a few months.

While she had taken mine, I shelled out for a new one ( a gray one instead of green) and this one is about 5 years old. However, it may still only be alive because I've hardly used it. If it breaks I will not repurchase, I'll just use a pot of steaming water and a towel.

In terms of its quality, the green ones always gave waves of steam until the water ran out, meaning there would be 1 min of no steam, then a minute of steam. With the gray one, once it starts boiling it gives off steam and the hot plate continues to work without pause. I like that very much.

The product is a clean and organized way to get your own facials into your routine. I usually get mine for about $15 from BBB (with a coupon), but like I said, it's not worth all these repurchases I have to make.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2008 2:54:00 AM More reviews by vain_emily

We had this in my house a few years ago and I tried it once when I was bored. It's actually really great. We've since lost it, and I find myself trying to re-create the experience with a hot washcloth, but nothing compares to the real thing. This is simple but it works so well to make your face softer by bringing natural oils up and it gives my skin such a nice glow. It also does a nice job of diminishing pimples (at least whiteheads, I don't know about acne.) I can only do it for about 7 minutes at a time because I start to feel suffocated, but I'm like that with any kind of sauna type thing. For only $25 the steamer also comes with these nice oils to put in along with the water, so you can soften your face even more and have the steam be nice and fragrant. It's like a mini spa experience and it's easy to do and doesn't cost much. I would highly recommend getting this. Oh, also! It really helps clearing up your sinuses if you have a cold, and it's easier than the old method of running a hot shower.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Lovelee_79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't believe that my steamer is Conair brand, but it may be. But it didn't come with any scrubbers and stuff. Anyway...I think this thing is positively EXCELLENT. I've had it for a few years and always have to kick myself when I stop using it, then restart, because I have to wonder why I ever stopped in the first place (I know....pure laziness). Typically I use the steamer twice a week. I use a scrub, then steam with a towel over my head for 10 minutes, then apply a clay mask. Then my normal toner and I apply any nighttime treatments. No more than a 15 -20 minute routine and the next morning, I'm not kidding, my makeup looks so pretty and flawless and my skin has its own healthy glow. I have to admit I don't add anything special to mine, just plain old tap water.