April 19, 2014 | 1347 users online

Bronzers - Isadora - bronzer (huge compact)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by BlueTutu

I have this in matte tan, which i suitable for my light skin tone, although I am careful to apply it with a light hand and blend it in well. I mainly use this to warm up my neck, but I have also used it as a traditional bronzer on my face.It can be built up to a darker colour, but it does start to take on an orange hue then. It is completely matte.
The large packaging makes it easy to swirl my brush around in and it has a nice big mirror. It is too large for my make up bag so this makes it impractical for travel.
Overall this is my favourite bronzer. I've just repurchased my second one, it lasts ages and the product remained as soft and easy to use until the end. I've had a lot of hard bronzers/blushers which you have to scrape the product off. This is very easy to load up onto your brush. Thoroughly recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Pernii

Love, love, love it! And the big brush (one shot or what the name is) goes so well with it. Just very afraid to drop it into the floor!

*** EDIT! After using this for a couple of months, my skin broke out like crazy!! Makes me very sad, but I can't use this any more...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm an isadora fan ever since i moved to sweden. i love their products, especially the foundations, eyebrow pencils and ...woo hoo! bronzers. THE bronzers.

UPDATE: i went back to the counter and changed the Dark Tan back to Golden Tan (my initial pick) because it was a dark...orange. I think this shade is a little downgrading for the entire bronzing powders range...i tried it with my makeup on and it looked nice, when i tried it on bare skin it was a disaster- too orange. it looks best when used on already tanned skin or darker complexions, i assume.

Golden Tan is just right, the perfect amount of brown mixed with peach (not orange) and some pink for complimenting the natural flushing of the complexion. i am definitely sticking with this one.

the huge compact isn't available throughout the year, i guess they put it for sale during summers only.

the only problem i have with it is the packaging... i love the huge-ness of the compact and the mirror, what i don't like is the fact that it's not so easy to transport or fit in the makeup case.

the color is gorgeous. i have it in Dark Tan but all the other shades are beautiful and natural as well. i picked the darkest of them all because it seemed to be the least pink-toned, as i already own a darker, copper-like bronzer from Isadora (plus the Face Stockholm one). it is natural, with a little hint of orange (i personally believe it's almost impossible to find something perfectly brown...even pure cocoa powder has pink-purple undertones in it), it's dark enough to look like a bronzer and not just an orange palor (Smashbox bronze lights, i'm looking at you), and the pigmentation is excellent.

needless to mention, all this from a drugstore product..wow. i'm really impressed. when the bronzer came out they also advertised it's own brush, a huge kabuki meant to be used as a body buffer; i use it for both face and body because it's INSANELY soft and doesn't shed hairs at all. the big compact+any big kabuki- perfectly tanned decollete, legs, arms, neck...i am absolutely in love with this bronzer.

highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 11:02:00 AM More reviews by ashleeb

I used this bronzer a while ago and couldn't find it at Walgreens anymore. Does anyone know if they still make the huge compact or if there is a comparable bronzer in their line. I can't find a bronzer I liked as much as this one!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by izziebelle

My favourite bronzer of all time! I've tried NARS Laguna, Guerlain, Chanel and Christian Dior. My least favourite of them is Guerlain! Disguisting unnatural color.

Im so glad i finally found a bronzer that i can use everyday!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by TeenBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

IF ANYONE HAS THIS (I don't care if it has been used) IN GOLDEN TAN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

This was my HG bronzer & I broke it a couple years ago, but kept all the little peices in a plastic bag & now nothing is left! This color was perfect for me, so if you have it & don't use it feel free to message me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2006 11:00:00 AM More reviews by annos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought I could never ever wear bronzer but oh, I was so wrong! I bought this in 87 "Golden Tan", the lightest shade, after trying it at a friend's place. I have really really pale skin that seldom tans and all other bronzing products I've tried have looked really unnatural. This is definitely different, I brush a tiny bit on my forehead, bridge of my nose and chin, I also pat a bit around the edges of my face. The golden brown bronzer gives a nice warm glow to my face and adds a bit of shimmer, which is hardly visible. It gives my face a very natural sun kissed look. Like all bronzers this one should be applied lightly. This is the only bronzer I've found that works on really pale skin without turning orange or looking really fake. And it's definitely worth it's price, the compact is HUGE and will last for years.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2005 3:21:00 PM More reviews by utopian637

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is HUGE! I have it in 90 (Bronze Tan). When I first put it on I thought it would be too dark, but when I use it VERY sparingly, it looks great! I use it on my face, neck, and chest. Definitely worth the money since this will last a long time. Not orange-y or fake looking at all, which is usually my problem with bronzers.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2005 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Sheherezade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent product. It's huge, so you really get a lot for your money. I have it in the color Soft tan and it's great for adding a bit of colour to your face and neck. Use it sparingly cause I found that it can turn your face orange if you go a bit overboard with the application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2005 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Amandafly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this bronzer after reading these reviews, and I'm delighted I did. I bought it in the darker shade, and it added that gorgeous glow to my already somewhat tanned summer skin. It cost me about 14.99 at Walgreens and it reminded me of the Lancome Bronzer except this is much better quality and doesn't wind up looking orange and sinking into your skin. Bellisima. I had been using Too Faced Sun Bunny at the time, but it was a bit too glittery for my taste, if I looked in sunlight it was too much. Isadora is a bit more natural and very glowy looking with just that little extra special jazz. :P Plus you get a huge huge amount. I'm running out to get the other one the lighter Bronze color.