October 1, 2014 | 1818 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmers - Rhubarb

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Radella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If I am to be to completely honest, the colour coverage this affordable 'tinted' treatment gives is comparable to my pricy NARS sheer lipstick, so I'm very impressed, plus rhubarb is a remarkably wonderful rich but natural raspberry-tinged red. Works great on my deep golden skin, can also imagine it looking brightening on paler complexions and lovely and rich on ebony skins too.

Although advertises itself as a 'shimmer', in my eyes it's not particuarly shimmery - which is lucky for me - I didn't want anything glossy or glittery. This lip shimmer instead gives a rich, healthy sheen at most in my opinion, which is the best I can expect from a tinted lip treatment.

There are now many makeup companies that offer tinted lip treatments, but I would rather get mine from a natural skincare company. I've been using Burt's Bees lip balm for years and their lip shimmer did not let me down.

The only negative is that the screw mechanism on my particular lip shimmer was faulty upon first opening it. Not sure if I'm just unlucky or if it's not uncommon.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

A big no. Not impressed and will not buy again. Pigment is nice but it really does nothing for the lips. It travels outside the lips and bleeds. Just not going to bother anymore with Burt's products for colored glosses or balms.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Yvetteski

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I always come back to this product and then wonder why I stray from a sure thing. The even application of color, a moderate amount of pigment, a minty, moisturizing feel make this a wonderful choice. If you are very fair, Rhubarb might be too dark but the rich rose color looks great with my light olive skin. I keep one in my car, one at my office. My only problem is finding the color. It is often sold out. I've tried Fig, Peony and others but no other color in this collection is as good. Price point is good as I just can't keep from misplacing lip products. After two Clinique Black Honey disappearances, I am through with department store products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I never thought that I'd be able to pull off bright colors. But the slight shimmer and glossy nature of this tinted lip balms allow me to 'go all out'. I got this in the color Rhubarb, due to reviews below me from fair-skinned girls. I am so pleased to be able to pull off a raspberry red lippie!

If I apply 2-3 coats, I will get a bright raspberry lip similar to Revlon Cherries in the Snow. However, if I want to go more natural, I apply one coat or lick my lips. The color reminds me of the Disney movie character Snow White :) And I love the minty smell.

The tube is really cute, easily fits any small handbag. You actually get a lot of product for the price. Lasting time is around 1-3 hours. The consistency is very moisturizing and all-natural. I can wear this color for work every day.

Overall, i highly recommend this lippie. You get the benefit of a natural lip balm and lipstick in one. I would venture into other colors like Merlot and Fig.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by swangirl1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this!!

Its extremely moisturizing and smooth to apply, and has a cooling refreshing minty taste and feel to it that I just can't get enough of!

The burgundy colour is perfect on me (I am a natural blonde with fair skin and lips) and is perfect for me for everyday use. It looks very fresh and natural, with a hint of shine but Id say its more of a colour than a shimmer. Which I like.

A problem for me is that its super expensive in New Zealand ($23NZD) for the amount you get in the tiny tube. The tube is very small and easy to stash in your purse, pocket or even your bra if you have no bag! The only problem with the size is that its so easy to lose, I've only used one tube to the very end without loosing it. The cap can be awkward to remove and put on, and can squash the product if your not careful, esp if your in a hurry or driving. The product can melt too so don't keep it too warm.

I just love the fact that this product is natural and not tested on animals!!! I wear it sometimes and if I lick my lips or eat a bit it doesn't matter because I know it isn't synthetic. It also doesn't taste too bad either.. If you lick your lips often and love mint.. bonus!

Ill continue to use and purchase this product for years to come, and can't wait to try some of the latest shades. (the shade Merlot I've also tried is a great red sexy red colour for fair skinned girls.. great for a night out!!!).

Overall I cannot recommend this product enough. 5 Stars!!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I hated this color at first. It just never looked right, a slightly shimmery pinkish raspberry of sorts. I find this doesn't look right unless I have clean bar lips. If I had a lip balm on underneath, it looks weird.
If I apply to clean lips, it's a very pretty bright pink-raspberry. I like the lip shimmers. I use 3, caramel, rhubarb and fig. I would prefer that they didn't smell so minty and I have to reapply often. The tubes are a little wonky, they don't screw down. I keep the shimmers in my pocket at work and the rhubarb tends to get a little melted. It gets a little chunky and harder to apply. This hasn't happened with the other shades.
But the colors are good, they are easy to find, they are all natural and reasonably priced. This is good for everyday wear as well as a going out shade, depending on your other makeup. I wear these almost every day. The ones that aren't all natural irritate my husbands lips and my lips (burn, itch, hurt and his have even been swollen).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually really hate this product. I guess for the most part i don't like lip products that are minty. I can't really put my finger on what is it that i dislike about this product so much, the colour is one. I pretty much hated how it looked on my lips. Its got shimmer, does not look glossy. Its not drying though, which is good.

The packaging is ok. No problem with the cap, works well. Not really nice looking but works.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

I like this raspberry color on my complexion, but this is more opaque than I would like. Also, it fades in like 5 minutes! Not worth it, if I have to keep applying all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

I used to be a lipstick junkie and was always buying something new. Recently I rediscovered the lip gloss and I'm hooked! I haven't been able to bring myself to use anything else in over 2 months. I even bought a second tube of this because because I was always misplacing it in different pockets. This feels so cool and refreshing on my lips, making them softer and smoother, and the colour is absolutely perfect for me. I like a pop of colour but nothing too drastic and this is more than I could have hoped for. I don't see me straying from this for quite some time. 100% satisfied.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Haruhi13

It wears like a sheer lipstick, really. Contrary to the color on the package (and the name 'rhubarb'), Rhubarb is a pretty warm reddish pink with a hint of shimmer. It's minty and will make your lips tingle pleasantly! :) It's not as moisturizing as I like, though, so I do layer it with Lipsyl. Combined, they give adequate moisturization.