September 16, 2014 | 1805 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers Trio - Sea Glass

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Dalila747

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Some folks have mentioned that these are not very saturated, but that's not a problem for me. When I wear greenish eyeshadow, I WANT it to be muted. As such, I consider this a neutral eyeshadow that leans green. So it is a very nice twist on the neutral natural eye look IMO. The only reason i deduct one lippie is because the middle shade does have a bit of glittery fallout, but it's not so much or so so ostentatious that it's a deal breaker.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The main reason I like this green khaki trio is because of the gold undertone. Many times when I buy a khaki shadow, it ends up having a silvery undertone that's not evident till you put it on. If you have gold and green in your eyes like I do, then those silvery undertones don't work that well. Gold is way better. So, although the pigmentation of this one is not very good, and its a bit dry and chalky, the gold undertones make it a keeper for me. The deepest shade is not very dark, but very wearable. The middle shade lends that gold undertone that I love, and the lightest shade - well, its there. Overall, a nice subtle look for everyday at a reasonable price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've had this in my stash for years....I think they are discontinuing it because I couldn't find it anywhere recently except Ebay. I use it for the middle color, which on me, is a sheer shimmery green/gold color. I have green eyes, and with primer, and sometimes over a nude matte shadow, it looks great. Those with green eyes sometimes have trouble wearing green shadow, but this has enough gold to make green/hazel eyes pop. Great drugstore product. I wish the quality was a little better, but I can't find a higher end dupe.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by yummykeylimepie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I know this got a lot of bad reviews for not being very pigmented. Which is exactly why I bought it. I don't like really bright shadows on me, I prefer a subtle wash of colour and this is exactly what I get using this.
The lid colour is beautiful and I like the contour colour. I took off one lippie for the highlighter though as it's a bit too glittery for me.This brings out the gold in my hazel eyes and with a primer underneath it lasted all day for me. A great little find.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by staci01

I agree with the poster below. These aren't very pigmented and kind of all blend together into a monotone shade. I bought this since I fell in love with the Golden Sunset e/s trio. The GS trio had a lot of nice pigment, blendability and just enough shimmer not to mention the cream shade was really great for a drugstore product. The Sea Glass trio does not hold up and is extremely light and the shimmer lands on your cheeks as the day goes on. Irritating. But it's my fault as I got sucked into a sale at Rite Aid and didn't consult MUA first. I'm sorry MUA! I won't do that ever again! ; ) EDIT 2/22/12 Use this wet! When I thought to try that out then the color payoff appears. The chartreuse shade is gorgeous and the gold in it makes it pop. Ok, so now I'm upping this to a 4 stars but not a 5 since there are parabens in this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by TinkleWinkle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The colors look pretty and go well together. They just don't show up very bright on the skin and are kinda dull. I wish they would pop more but they kinda just blend together and look the same.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 3:48:00 AM More reviews by lazypile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This a nice trio for someone with hazel (olive green/brown) or green eyes who likes subtle washes of color. This doesn't pop and it's not very shimmery (I don't know why someone mentioned glitter; these are not glittery or sparkly at all), but it is pretty in a quiet way.

I wore this (lid/brow/crease) with green liner, and a guy stopped me and told me how pretty my eyes were. So while it isn't extremely pigmented, it does compliment green eyes nicely. It also stays all day with primer (which also helps the color show up more). I did put that I wouldn't purchase again simply because I have so much makeup and this isn't one I would restock. However, I am glad I bought it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by ascopes

When it comes to drugstore eye shadows, Covergirl is my go to brand. I've always liked them and they do the job. Sea glass is sheer but not extremely sheer. I like using the lightest colour as my highlighter. the green colour isn't extremely green but it does show up nicely on my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by wynniethepooh11

Pretty colors in the packaging. But not pigmented at all. Very sheer. almost all looked the same. Would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by egoh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

They really looked pretty in the packaging, which is a pity because out of package, the colors weren't impressive at all. Even though they are fairly pigmented on the fingers, they just failed to show up even remotely "green" on my eyelids.

Update: Okay, after playing around with this, I would recommend two things. 1) definitely use an eyeshadow primer 2) If you have a cream eyeshadow, in green, USE IT. I have been laying this on top of NYX Jumbo Eyepencil in Horse Raddish and the colors really shows up nicely :)