November 29, 2014 | 1459 users online

Styling Products - Sexy Hair Concepts - Big Sexy Hair - What a Tease - Backcomb in a Bottle

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Do not want.
This creates delicate volume at the expense of gluing your hairs together in a fragile sticky mess. It will deflate like a balloon if you mess with it.
I'm new to volumizing spray but there's got to be a better way to do it than this. I am a fan of some of the other products in this line but this one is not worth it. So sad I spent so much on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by sadielovesmakeup06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff!! I like the pouffed look, and will do it with many other styles, interweaving them... this always ensures that pouf will stay up all day long, even after work, and clubbing!! first wore it to a bret michaels concert, and after an entire evening, in my pictures with him, my hair was still pouffy and still had the shape i created!! now THAT is a good hair product

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by nikadee1992

Let's just say that I am on my 5th can of this product. I was introduced to this by my mother.. yes my mom LOL. She is a huge fan of big hair and is always using the best products to give her the volume that she loves (and that I love).

How I use this product: I usually tease the crown area of my head. I tease my hair by sections.. usually starting at the back of my head and making my way toward the front. I blow dry each teased section for 5 seconds (just to make sure the hair spray is dry) and I move onto the next section of hair. I've figured that this is the best way for my hair to hold the tease. I usually comb over the top of my hair to smooth it out and it also helps flatten the hair if it's too big.

This is my absolute favorite teasing product and will never stop using it!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by mainjane

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing stuff! I look like I have double the hair. I have been looking for a product that would volumize my hair, and boy does it ever. Cant say enough good things about this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this stuff. I read the reviews before using and figured I'd be really careful with not overspraying and only using it in select spots. I style my little below chin length hair by blowdrying and using some velcro rollers to add body..when my hair is basically how I want it, I lift up specific small sections where I want the body to stay...I spray a couple of short small sprays, gently rub in, wait a minute or less to dry then gently put my hair back down over the 'teased' area. I then add my hairspray and am good to go. If too much is used and it gets too stiff in a particular area, it can gently be brushed out and doesn't weigh my fine hair down...I am trying to grow my hair out and I have very limp hair...this stuff is making me think I can grow it out and still have body.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2011 5:08:00 AM More reviews by kisforkristina

It sounds like everyone has their own way of using this, but one of the ways they used it at the Sexy hair show was to spray it on a panel of hair at the crown while holding the hair straight up, and then pulling the hair apart 3-4 times. This creates instant backcombing, literally, without actually having to use a comb and tub your hair around too much. Makes it easy on the scalp.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by PinkChem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fantastic product! Honestly cant sing enough praise for this. Only need a tiny, tiny spray and your hair sits perfectly for hours; whether you want a messy look or even just to hold some loose curls in place, this product is great. Ive had it for months now, and still more than 80% left! Only thing i would say before using it, DO NOT shake the bottle or it doesn't spray properly and runs down the bottle onto your hand and becomes very sticky and un-pleasent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 10:15:00 AM More reviews by mvega84

I've heard about this for a while now and was curious to try it. Went to my local beauty supply store saw it with a volumizing gel for under $13 dollars. WELL worth the the money. Great way to get volume without damaging backcombing. LOVE it and definitely recommend its staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by junipurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

LOVE this stuff.my hair is hip length and thick so you can imagine what kind of oomph this stuff must have to give *me* really good volume at the roots.this is absolutely the best volumizing spray i've ever used.admittedly,once it's sprayed,it won't budge,so work quickly.i still consider that a plus,though.even after brushing it out the next day my hair still has a lot of lift to it.the downsides are yes,it's pricey and yes,it smells of chemicals,but i find the smell fades after it dries.i think it may have been discontinued,i can't find it on the Sexy Hair Concepts site or in any brick and mortar stores.i'd love to know if anyone knows for sure.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by tenacious_d

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gives roots a dry, airy stiffness. Good for hair that doesnt usually hold volume. May create crusty clumps if you're not careful.

Huge downside: It smells very, very strongly of toilet cleaner and the fragrance doesn't wear off. I don't usually hate on product smell, but this one made me reek like i doused myself in an entire Walmart shelf of those nasty Jovan designer inspired perfumes... plus floorwax.

I gave it a good try, but after a week of wandering around in a cloud of antiseptic stink, I couldn't take it anymore.