October 22, 2014 | 900 users online

Lip Treatments - Sephora - Operation Smile Lip balm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2008 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

The proceeds from this product go to charity. Operation Smile is a not-for-profit medical service organization whose volunteers provide the surgery and supplies needed for reconstructive facial surgery and health care to indigent children in developing countries and the United States. This lip balm contains spf 15 so I like that is has extra protection. It feels a little greasy, and it has a weird taste, but it does moisturize the lips. I would only purchase again because proceeds go to a good cause, and I have to admit most of my beauty purchases go to the Jennifer West foundation (that's me).

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2007 3:51:00 PM More reviews by heathermommie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh, I just couldn't believe how horrible this smelled! I was looking for a review for something else by Sephora and I saw this, and lol, had to relate how truly awful it was! Glad the money went to charity! I LOVE Sephora and couldn't believe how weird this balm was!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2006 12:40:00 PM More reviews by oceanwaves07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Without this stuff in the morning my lips feel very dry for the rest of the day. I love it, it's cheap AND it's for a good cause!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2006 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Shavwi

smells gross and feels greasy and uncomfortable and doesn't even moisturize that well. It's for charity, so at least my money wasn't wasted though. I never use this stuff, but at least my money went to a good cause so I don't feel guilty for buying it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2006 11:09:00 PM More reviews by djgirl1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not my fave, but hey, the money is for a good cause and at 5 dollars a tube, I think we should all be glad to get anything other than a thank you for the donation. As far as this balm goes, most of the ingredients are common in most lip balms. No, the taste or smell is not pleasant, but I really do not notice one at all, which is better than being offensive like a lot of balms I have tried. I think this is a great one for a desk. You can keep it there and put it on anytime you are feeling dry and just want a little moisture-no color, miraculous healing properties, long lasting power, etc. Actually, a beach bag...that is another great place for this one...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2006 6:25:00 PM More reviews by bilocatedbliss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I never really cared for this until I started taking accutane and I NEEDED to wear chapstick everyday. This is the ONLY lip balm that lasts and locks in moisture. I noticed that after wearing regular chapstick, my lips are more dried out than before and I have to keep regularly applying. I would buy this again because it is effective, has spf 15 and helps a great cause.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2006 12:11:00 PM More reviews by ShesxMyxHeroin

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I adore this. I'm glad I can buy something and help out Operation Smile..
I love that it has SPF15 in it. A little greasy but it's still a great gloss.
I'll be purchasing a lot more :)

I also felt my lips go numb, glad I wasn't the only one

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2005 1:17:00 AM More reviews by LunchattheIvy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this as my beach lip balm. It's extremely thick, tasteless, colorless. I love the SPF 15, and the cause the procedes go to - Operation Smile. I apply this balm to the kids I work with, when we're at the beach; It stays on all through the playing in the ocean, the hot dogs & juice boxes, and sand fights! My only gripe is the tube - it makes direct application impossible, but great for sharing.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2005 10:38:00 PM More reviews by frisby123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Though it's for a great cause, the lip gloss itself is greasy feeling and smells strongly of sunblock... not that yummy.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2005 6:04:00 PM More reviews by littlemisslovely

I had really bad chapped lips on holiday and after applying sephora lip balm just twice, it made my lips really soft. I keep in my handbag all the time!